Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You haven't been on many threads discussing it then. I got this sig from the front page of reddit.
    I didn't realize that. I really loved Siege of Orgrimmar.

The start of the xpac was brutal with the dailies though. Overall I think I enjoyed it much more than Warlords of Draenor.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? You do realize that they are one of the best schools for both beer and wine making in North America I hope. But I guess you don't know that because you are an ignoramus who is stuck in their own bubble of moral outrage all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I took an Advanced Biological Fermentation course at the university a couple of years ago.

Advanced Biological Fermentation sounds a lot cooler and scientific than what it really was.

We were brewing beer.
    If you want to be really neat, say you studied zymurgy.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    I took an Advanced Biological Fermentation course at the university a couple of years ago.

Advanced Biological Fermentation sounds a lot cooler and scientific than what it really was.

We were brewing beer.
    And here I am brewing Kvass after watching a comical Slav on the Internet tell me how to do it, And I think he's not even a Slav.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

We were brewing beer.
    Basically, yes. I am sure it was a lot more in depth than that though, because beer fermentation can get really heavy and complicated real fast. Once you get outside of yeast strains and fermentation temperatures, you could easily. I used to live pretty close to Escarpment Labs though, a Canadian company that is researching and developing yeast strains, their research is also a joint venture with the university of Guelph. It's pretty cool stuff though.

As a homebrewer, there is just way too much stuff you can learn about making beer, and a lot of it is biology and chemistry related. I just made a winter ale with a pilsner malt base of extract, caramel 20L and 40L and chocolate malt. I steeped cherries in a pot of wort and added it with 15 minutes left to the boil along with maple syrup. 60 minute boil with Northern Brewer hops.

Dear Tenisace

If natural opium was legal and cultivated, we would actually get less deaths per years in Canada. You realize the only thing people have access to in the west are chemical based or enhanced by the black market instead of natural products. Legally produce natural weed and everything is fine. Same for opium, sell natural opium to the people instead of the chemical version doctor use, hey look Vancouver wont hit 300 death of overdose per year anymore? Weed is in the same situation, the black market one is hundreds time stronger now, because its filled with trash.

The war on drug is an idiocy, cost money, gives nothing in return, makes organised crime richer, makes drugs more powerful and dangerous. In short only an idiot would still cling to the idea of a war on drugs. Guess what, your biggest Hero honorable Justin, is not only for making weed legal, hes also part of groups that want to eventually decriminalize all drugs so that consuming is no longer a federal crime. Its part of his views on the future. Wheres your support to our honorable leader when hes actually coherent?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-09-21 at 02:10 AM.

not sure what the real benefit of this is though. people have been doing just fine growing marijuana without having taken any formal education in the subject. Is this going to make any difference as to how legitimate a cannabis business is? "whoa he's got a Masters in weed, let's buy from him!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    not sure what the real benefit of this is though. people have been doing just fine growing marijuana without having taken any formal education in the subject. Is this going to make any difference as to how legitimate a cannabis business is? "whoa he's got a Masters in weed, let's buy from him!".
    People were growing wheat for millennia before universities even existed, but universities offer agronomy programs and practically any major farmer takes advantage of them, either directly or by obtaining the services of someone with such education. This is simply a more specialized version.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Do you think use will be higher if the substance is banned or if it is legal?
    Obviously higher. That isn't necessarily a problem. If we're gonna ban everything bad for us then ban alcohol and cigarettes and see how that goes.

More importantly, you eliminate a black market, and a lot of crime that goes with it. It's a net gain if all that happens is more people smoke pot.

Btw, I don't smoke, and the last time I did was like 8 years ago in college.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Obviously higher. That isn't necessarily a problem. If we're gonna ban everything bad for us then ban alcohol and cigarettes and see how that goes.

More importantly, you eliminate a black market, and a lot of crime that goes with it. It's a net gain if all that happens is more people smoke pot.

Btw, I don't smoke, and the last time I did was like 8 years ago in college.
    Ok so if use is higher then isn't it fair to say that accidents while driving under the influence are going to increase as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...roduction.html

Wonder what type of person enrolls in this.
    A forward thinking person who understands that a MASSIVE market is opening up that is ripe for profit.
    READ and be less Ignorant.