Thread: Emotes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Netdecking is there at lower ranks. Once you reach rank 5 you start seeing people that actually thought of tweaking stuff depending on the meta.

As @Nikkaszal said it doesn't take a genius to do this. It does take however, knowledge of the meta (not hard) and actually playing the game.

There are other websites to check how the meta is and what is T1 and T2. You can use the data to add an ooze a crawler or a crab depending on what you seeing the most.

People can emote all they want, I silence it and move on. If they are ropping then I just watch something else while they are wasting their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yes, that is a valid quote to use and claim I'm on a high horse. What you quoted earlier isn't and it was nonsensical. Congratulations on interpreting my latest post correctly since I was literally giving you an example of what I would say if I were on a high horse. Saying I keep statistics about my games and it shows I hardly ever rope a turn is a weird thing to use as evidence of being on a high horse. It makes zero sense.
    Be careful, enough kicking your legs about on your high horse will surely knock you off.

Please tone it down a bit. Getting a bit off topic anyway, it's about the emotes, not each other.

Honestly I don't feel roping is an issue. Maybe I'm lucky, but I rarely see it happen. (Played 173 ranked games in August.) When it does, honestly it doesn't bother me. Going to rope should be expected of the opponent.

Emotes, though. Yeah, just get rid of them. Or provide an option to simply have them off all the time. I don't mind the opener hello, or an honest well played, but typically well played means this is how I punish you or you had no chance. I do squelch a lot personally. If I'm frustrated, I'll just squelch opponents off the bat so they can't feed into it.

I never squelch when some tool is spamming emotes. But I do make sure to return the favor when I beat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Netdecking is there at lower ranks. Once you reach rank 5 you start seeing people that actually thought of tweaking stuff depending on the meta.

As @Nikkaszal said it doesn't take a genius to do this. It does take however, knowledge of the meta (not hard) and actually playing the game.

There are other websites to check how the meta is and what is T1 and T2. You can use the data to add an ooze a crawler or a crab depending on what you seeing the most.

People can emote all they want, I silence it and move on. If they are ropping then I just watch something else while they are wasting their time.
    When I started playing Hearthstone I never realized there was such a thing as "netdecking" then after a few months I realized everyone I was losing to was copying the same popular lists from Hearthpwn and when I started doing the same thing my win rate shot up it was like discovering something completely new about the game.

Deck building is hard, it's the hardest thing about Hearthstone and the most time-consuming if you do it entirely by yourself. To do it with any success first you need to live and breathe Hearthstone to get the experience and second you need to play 100s of games with the same deck making iterations along the way before you can decide whether your creation is even remotely good or not. If it's not you've just wasted your time. Better to let the pros and the communal Hearthstone 'brain' churn the decks out there's no shame in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Deck building is hard, it's the hardest thing about Hearthstone and the most time-consuming if you do it entirely by yourself. To do it with any success first you need to live and breathe Hearthstone to get the experience and second you need to play 100s of games with the same deck making iterations along the way before you can decide whether your creation is even remotely good or not. If it's not you've just wasted your time. Better to let the pros and the communal Hearthstone 'brain' churn the decks out there's no shame in that.
    Exactly this. Making decks at a competitive level, especially outside of the templates already created by the pros, is extremely difficult. In fact if you can do it, I say good on ya. Now that they implemented the bracket ceilings, I think that encourages people to play around with different stuff when they hit 15, 10, and 5 so they can do so without much risk. I've made fun decks to play that did ok on ladder at high ranks (in the teens), but typically the only deck design I'm involved with is teching in a card for the meta. Deck design isn't where I want to spend my time.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Nah, I just dislike pathetic people that can't make up their own decks and instead rip one off the metabuilders
    Next time when you make food/someone makes you a dish, think how someone else in history actually made the recipe, and don't you dare making/eating it.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson