Anything negative for wearing different armor type?

I remember way back when we'd lose 5% of our primary stat if we had 1 piece of gear that was not for our class. Is this, or something similar still the case?

If I'm a Shaman but got access to a leather belt with a 45 Ilvl upgrade with my main stats, will there be anything negative for me wearing it?

The 5% primary stat thing still exists, it's part of the "armor skills" passive now.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Yep. You lose 5% of your primary stat if you don't wear all your 'best' armor type (so Mail).

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo I think they should do away with the armor skill passive. So what if a warrior wears leather or mail along with plate?

With personal loot this has become an outdated mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    Imo I think they should do away with the armor skill passive. So what if a warrior wears leather or mail along with plate?
    Because then they would have a flexibility advantage.

Why shouldnt my druid be able to wear plate then? Ohh Yeah because it would make me halfway immortal with no disadvantages.

Also it would mean that suddently many gear pieces can be contested each time loot drops, and make it a pain in the ass for master looters. Thats also why tokens exist. It promotes variety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I don't want warriors stealing my shit when I can't take theirs in return.

Imo that's unfair for cloth/leathers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good old Armor Penetration days with Warriors wearing full Leather in ICC.

Then you're back in the days of Vanilla when warriors were rolling to take leather away from rogues who couldn't hoover up Plate gear to cover the gear they just lost.

Yeah no. There's no need to remove and remove and remove just so that some ADD-type people can stop giving a fuck about what they equip as long as it's got purple text.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why stop at warrior? Let everyone wear everything!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, for the view of a raider, don't make it available for everyone to do every type.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you did away with it, you'd have to let everyone wear everything, or you'd have paladins stealing mail, leather and cloth gear, and shamans stealing leather and cloth, while priests for instance only have cloth to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple solution, make all armor viable. Maybe they can rework the system for all classes, like if you wear all plate you lose attack speed but you become more tanky and if you wear cloth you become a glass cannon. I can see how this can bring new life into the game and more customization.