Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    You realize You bash GW2 on the forums that are basically WoW forums, where You have to pay a monthly fee on top of expansion price ? I think asking players for money once per 2 years is not a "total shit" from ArenaNet side...srsly, ppl are greedy fucks.
    I have nothing against fee, i played nonstop wow 2006->2014 without a single month of break.

I just feel like 30(ok, 20, if buying together, didnt know that, thanks) is a waste to get gliding. Have no interest in other Heart of Thorns content.

I loved gliding in Archage really much. Is it feels here same like in Archeage?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    I have nothing against fee, i played nonstop wow 2006->2014 without a single month of break.

I just feel like 30(ok, 20, if buying together, didnt know that, thanks) is a waste to get gliding. Have no interest in other Heart of Thorns content.

if you buy an expansion for one thing that's just a waste imo, it'll probably go cheaper down the line if you don't mind waiting. It's actually more in depth than Archage but same principle.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gliding

masteries alter gliding in some ways like getting stealth and removing endurance cost to glide however HoT is really the only place that utilizes gliding to it's fullest and it's the expansion it was based around. Other areas its more of a convenience
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The best photo that you'll see today:

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    The best photo that you'll see today:

Would be damn nice if you could play the damn XP. Been trying for an hour now and every time it pops up with client crash after some minutes. Right now half of LA is trying to get in with no luck
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Would be damn nice if you could play the damn XP. Been trying for an hour now and every time it pops up with client crash after some minutes. Right now half of LA is trying to get in with no luck
    Really? What's been happening? I've played it for an hour and then came to my college, but in my playthrough, everything went fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? What's been happening? I've played it for an hour and then came to my college, but in my playthrough, everything went fine.
    non can get in. We are all stock at the airship. We all keep getting client crash. Been like this for over an hour now. Some are even still stock at the first quest point
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post

It's not just the content. It's elite specs and a new profession (Revenant) and other masteries. That said, IMHO the content was very good.

It feels really unfair what you are saying, though. It's like me complaining about the price of a car because I only want the chassis.

15+ Year Old Account
    And we are still stock in LA, at the Airship

I did some stuff in the first zone, with regular crashes and disconnects. Then I found the portal to the second zone and thought "why not pop through, what's the worst that could happen?"

Crashed, and gave up after that. I might give it a day or two to calm down, I think.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Are you guys who are battling to get in using the US or EU servers?

Hmm...guess I'll give it a few days to settle down. Maybe check for some reviews/first impressions on Youtube over the coming days.

I've had my fill of MMO launch woes this year with the wonkiness of FF14's Stormblood launch a few months ago. Had to wait 3 days just for one of the quests to be fixed to where I could complete it (and I wasn't the only one).

I think one of the EU servers went boom. The US has been ok, a few disconnects and some general lag but otherwise ok for an xpac launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I did some stuff in the first zone, with regular crashes and disconnects. Then I found the portal to the second zone and thought "why not pop through, what's the worst that could happen?"

Crashed, and gave up after that. I might give it a day or two to calm down, I think.
    Last night I was up late, worked early this morning. Tired as hell. Knew ahead of time GW2 would be updates and fixes and stuff for the first couple days, so I didn't even try to go there yet. I planned on tinkering with new specs tonight.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Guess I was smart to wait since there are launch issues.

Although I don't remember them happening with Heart of Thorns.

Deleted
    i haven't experienced any crashes so far. but amnoon is a pretty choppy place for me for some reason. must be all the players although i cant recall the same happening during world boss fights or the likes

15+ Year Old Account
    Players are still having problems getting in to POF i Europe

7+ Year Old Account
    Mounts are super fucking awesome. Well integrated into the gameplay, and the areas are designed with their habilities in mind. Good work, ANET!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Guess I was smart to wait since there are launch issues.

Although I don't remember them happening with Heart of Thorns.
    HoT is just as bad, there was a bug for awhile where you couldn't progress the story and everything was so over crowded it was hard to get anything done.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Mounts are super fucking awesome. Well integrated into the gameplay, and the areas are designed with their habilities in mind. Good work, ANET!
    I totally agree. The mechanics of them, giving you just the right amount of lack of control, feels really good.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    HoT is just as bad, there was a bug for awhile where you couldn't progress the story and everything was so over crowded it was hard to get anything done.
    But you could still play it. This time players can't play it, because they can't get to the Desert. It's now more then 24 hours since realese and players can still not get to the Desert