Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Uber are cunts, very exploitative buisness model and practices.

They can get fucked.
    Uber actually does completely fuck its drivers. They barely make any money, and in the long run are net negative for the drivers after cost of gas, and ware and tare on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Slavery is the most efficient form of labour, doesn't mean it is the best form of labour.
    We don't have slavery, now do we? It's not just about efficiency of labor, it's about a cheaper, better product.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    Uber London licence not renewed
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fuck Uber and fuck Tapatalk.

Uber drivers are mindless drones that destroy their cars for minimum wage and in many cases for less than minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, but what? Scamming, not enforcing seat belts, etc
    Sexual assaults, assaults in general, stalking, robberies etc.

Deleted
    Not surprising, wonder how much money they took for that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Europeans don't like us. Uber is just the last US tech company to be attacked by European regulations.
    US companies need to learn to follow the rules and laws of countries they want to operate in. Pretty basic. Pay taxes. Dont exploit your workers. Follow our standards for security / workers rights. Easy.

Taxi companies seem to follow the rules and deliver equal if not better service (never been disappointed by a taxi driver in my life) for a reasonable price.

Problem is if Uber was to pay taxes and good money to drivers they wouldnt have an unfair advantage anymore and it would probably be not worth to run such an buisness.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-09-22 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Not unique to Uber. I've been sexually harassed by a cabbie before (like legitimate big name cab company), company did nothing.
    By sexually harassed u mean driver told that u have very good breasts or something? because its hardest harassment from taxi drivers that i ve heard over here in my place.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will be back. The city of Austin TX Taxi Cab drivers thought they could ban Uber too by using lobby dollars to push them out. Didn't last very long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    By sexually harassed u mean driver told that u have very good breasts or something? because its hardest harassment from taxi drivers that i ve heard over here in my place.
    more like "what kind of sex do you like to have? WHy isnt your bf here? Does he not pleasure you enough"

me"" please stop"

Driver: "You're pretty, you should be fucking my son." and other comments like that. Would not stop after I said stop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    They will be back. The city of Austin TX Taxi Cab drivers thought they could ban Uber too by using lobby dollars to push them out. Didn't last very long.
    yeah, that was great. The companies that tried to take their place while following Austin's excessive regs fell on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    more like "what kind of sex do you like to have? WHy isnt your bf here? Does he not pleasure you enough"

me"" please stop"

Driver: "You're pretty, you should be fucking my son." and other comments like that. Would not stop after I said stop

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, that was great. The companies that tried to take their place while following Austin's excessive regs fell on their face.
    well thats unusual in my place, sorry for you. But u must be pretty and its cool! Gotta find good things everywhere. Bad looking girl wont be harassed thought^)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Great news! This shady buisness model should be banned everywhere. I'm glad it is banned in my country already!
    US companies need to learn to follow the rules and laws of countries they want to operate in. Pretty basic. Pay taxes. Dont exploit your workers. Follow our standards for security / workers rights. Easy.
    QFT
    /thread
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-09-22 at 03:13 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Have to also remember that Uber is the most lossmaking private company in tech history. This won't be doing them any favours.

Deleted
    My girlfriend and I don't really use Uber (Underground FTW!), but if I look at this from a purely 'safety and security' stand point (for the sake of this point I am not including the wholes taxes thing), here are two articles from the same source about a month apart:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6988286.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7037926.html

Now, I am assuming when they refer to 'taxi drivers', uber is not under that umbrella, but to refer the original article, it was due to "public safety and security implications".

They seem as bad as each other.

EDIT: Both articles are from April/May 2016, so if the figures have radically changed, my bad! I couldn't find more recent articles from the same source.

SECOND EDIT: The article does in fact refer to Uber, so completely ignore me haha!
    Last edited by mmocf5062b794a; 2017-09-22 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Additional Info

They are banned here also .. as much as i like the idea of the model .. they do a horrible job handling it.

Issues here ....

* if you transport other people for a living you need a special insurance giving extra cover for those you transport. they claimed that they do not need this as the drivers * not doing it as a business but just going the same place as the passenger and that they are *just* paying for the gas ..... yeah right.

* refusing to give info about drivers income from driving for them, making very possible to evade income tax.

* refusing to control how many hours a driver work, here you can only work a car / truck for a max of 13 hours before you are required a longer time of rest. Uber refused to enforce this, making it a safety risk.

this and a few other minor things lead to Uber being banned here ( after be giving a year ! to sort it out. )

i am ok with this.

10+ Year Old Account

Taxi companies seem to follow the rules and deliver equal if not better service (never been disappointed by a taxi driver in my life) for a reasonable price.

Problem is if Uber was to pay taxes and good money to drivers they wouldnt have an unfair advantage anymore and it would probably be not worth to run such an buisness.
    You're the first person I've ever seen to write "better service; reasonable price" about a taxi cab.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Fuck Uber and fuck Tapatalk.

Uber drivers are mindless drones that destroy their cars for minimum wage and in many cases for less than minimum wage.
    I didn't realize $100+ an hour (to be fair on weekends) was minimum wage where you live

Man I should move there

Can't believe so many are agreeing with this. Uber is actually capitalism done right. A new business model coming in and running great to the benefit of the consumer and pushing out the massively outdated and overpriced cab model. But nah lets allow cabs to keep their monopoly with their shit prices and worse service.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is based on nothing more than a regressive mentality towards business. Uber was simply more efficient, and it pissed off their competition who had a longer standing with the government.
    Efficient for Uber in the sense that since drivers aren't considered employees, they have no standard employee benefits, but Uber makes a cut of their efforts anyhow. Is that what you meant?

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Why would the victims not call the police themselves? Do the police frown upon people calling? Do the police generally not do anything about these situations, which leads to people just not calling them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Can't believe so many are agreeing with this. Uber is actually capitalism done right. A new business model coming in and running great to the benefit of the consumer and pushing out the massively outdated and overpriced cab model. But nah lets allow cabs to keep their monopoly with their shit prices and worse service.
    I'm not sure being the most lossmaking private company in tech history is good capitalism...

Uber works in 1st world countries
    which london no longer is

Its the same as some nordic countries not having a guard for you to pay a toll but you still do it, its a matter of civility and social pressure