Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    This one is obvious. The windows in Ulduar. They all seem to represent the various surviving Old Gods. Notice that one is broken, perhaps referencing Y'Shaarj. http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_66.jpg

C'thun color scheme: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_68.jpg
    Yogg-Saron color scheme: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_70.jpg
    N'Zoth color scheme?: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_67.jpg

But among these, one stands out as notably different.
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_69.jpg
    Who is this young woman? She looks so much different from the others. Perhaps seemingly female Old God? Perhaps one with a soothing charm? I mean, Yogg'Saron is already portrayed, so it's probably not Sara.

I think we're being told that there is a fifth Old God still in the game. One less immediately monstrous in portrayal.
    I know i'm a bit late with this, but i imagine that female old god is probably whoever/whatever the shadow priest's knaifu was. There are hints that the dagger might be the remains of an old god who was thought destroyed long ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I know i'm a bit late with this, but i imagine that female old god is probably whoever/whatever the shadow priest's knaifu was. There are hints that the dagger might be the remains of an old god who was thought destroyed long ago.
    would be neat twist if the dagger that we have been empowering with artifacts to make it stronger made it strong enough to regenerate and its been biding its time.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    But who would have destroyed her? Because not even the titans could destroy them in the past.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    But who would have destroyed her? Because not even the titans could destroy them in the past.
    if i remember lore correctly it was consumed by the other old gods that found it. it was weaker than the 4 and was consumed.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    if i remember lore correctly it was consumed by the other old gods that found it. it was weaker than the 4 and was consumed.
    WTF?? Old Gods are hostiles between them?

7+ Year Old Account
    yes they are. they arent friends. they are entropy and chaos. during the days of the black empire they warred with each other as much as with the titanforged. the only reason they arent still picking at one another is because they were bound by the titans. they cant move now.

Deleted

Warlord Zon'ozz is said to have guided the armies of N'zoth against those of C'thun and Yog-saronn. So yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    • mortals have the right to know the fate of one who was forged by fire.

Bolvar was turned into what he is today from the fire of the red dragonflight at the Wrathgate, and his turning into the next Lich King is supposed to be kept from everyone.

• someday i'll fall. Or already fell.

Again, it could be Bolvar. Is he going to fall from his task, or has he already done so and is in the process of his plans?

• my true strength is not in the army or the sword, but in the crown.

The Scourge and Frostmourne were very powerful, but most of the power of the Lich King resides in the crown.

nothing released till blizzcon. Points to an inside leak from a dev?

These are all my best guesses. Feel free to pick em apart.
    I could see these three relating to Bolvar.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Nice necro smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Also, on the subject of necros: It's fine if a thread is still relevant at the time of ressurection, and this thread with speculation about 8.0 is obviously still relevant, especially with the recent Wound discovery.
    It is, but there's a megathread, and also there's far too much thought put into this to be legit.

They could have, easily. Problem is doing so would have destroyed Azeroth as well.

Zones:
    • Where did she go? Something is wrong. - uhh....
    • Our wisdom in these depths - under the sea....
    • Praise the god of the depths! - N'Zoth.....
    • Where did the bananas go? - Tel'Abim. Know for Tel'Abim Bananas
    • Is it possible to lose what has already been lost? - Kezan is thought to be lost.....
    • Let the Loa tell us the way. - Zandalar...
    • They say, it was a city under the city. But the deeper lies the more evil place. - No clue...
    • Where does the ruined way lead? - yeah....what?
    • Under the frozen ground, only death awaits you. Our brethren are also ready to meet you. - Northrend? Azjol-Nerub?
    • Ny’alota is a fairy tale for fools. - So, no Ny'alota
    • You were so close to touching the great. And you need to swim a little more. -no idea here
    1 - Jaina
    2 - Nazjatar
    7 - Lots of elven cities/temples were built on top of old places of power but the more literal clue is Undermine which was literally a city under Kezan which matches with the 5th clue
    8 - Blizzard had designed an underground explorable zone for Wotlk but ended up changing it to only dungeons. Could be likely we go back and revisit that to find information or artifacts of power to fight the aqir or their masters and bring The Lich King in the mix as well.
    9 - Fairy tale - emerald dream? Maybe Ny'alotha is the void world of Azeroth and Alleria will help us travel there.
    10 - In Vash'jir Ozumat tried to capture Neptulon, so could be Ozumat or just N'Zoth

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably fake, but it's a neat fake.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    This one is obvious. The windows in Ulduar. They all seem to represent the various surviving Old Gods. Notice that one is broken, perhaps referencing Y'Shaarj. http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_66.jpg

C'thun color scheme: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_68.jpg
    Yogg-Saron color scheme: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_70.jpg
    N'Zoth color scheme?: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_67.jpg

But among these, one stands out as notably different.
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../ulduar_69.jpg
    Who is this young woman? She looks so much different from the others. Perhaps seemingly female Old God? Perhaps one with a soothing charm? I mean, Yogg'Saron is already portrayed, so it's probably not Sara.

I think we're being told that there is a fifth Old God still in the game. One less immediately monstrous in portrayal.
    Alleria perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very. Their constant infighting is the only reason they couldn't resoundingly crush the Elemental Lords, and why the Titans were able to defeat them in the first place. If the Old Gods rallied together and presented a united front at their full strengths, it'd be a nightmare scenario--not even Lovecraft's Great Old Ones, as infamous as they are for being harbingers of untold horror, work together on a regular basis because chaos and entropy are inherent in who they are.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Nice necro smartass.
    Good lord, it's less then a month since the last post, what's next? Hasn't had a post for 2 weeks? Necro! One week! 5 days! Dammit you necro'd a post from yesterday!

MMO-C's own rules don't even give a timeline on a "necro", they just specifically state you can't necro a post purely to bump it, techincally by their own rules you could post in a thread from 2012, and as long as it was more then just bumping it, it wouldn't be a necro.

This isn't even cryptic. The actual leaks akin to the japanese leaker at least made you think and puzzle it together. This is literally just like "herp derp hurr hurr Azeroth is like totally lying to Magni 'n stuff."

Deleted
    yes they are. they arent friends. they are entropy and chaos. during the days of the black empire they warred with each other as much as with the titanforged. the only reason they arent still picking at one another is because they were bound by the titans. they cant move now.
    Which of course now is completely contradicting the new retarded version of the lore where old gods are bullets of the void lords.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    Which of course now is completely contradicting the new retarded version of the lore where old gods are bullets of the void lords.
    Not exactly, because if their job is to corrupt and create caos, being hostiles its a "good" idea

Deleted
    No it isn't, it was admitted in this very thread that one of the reasons they weren't as successful as they could've been was in fact their infighting.