Can nations of the factions pose sanctions on each other?

An interesting dicussion that came up was on the breach in sovereignty that technically took place with Varian and some SI:7 agents going to assassinate Moira back during Cataclysm.

That begs the question, are nations (within the Alliance at least) capable of imposing punishments or regulations on other nations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, as much as they are in RL i suppose.

You can, that does not mean they will listen to you, even less if they have something to use against you "your son", or if they are not weak enough to tremble before your command (Like Garrosh did to the Forsaken in Cataclysm).

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Given the medieval fantasy setting there's should be way more intrigue al a "Game of Thrones" but I guess the constant global threats put a dampener on things
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Do they even depend on each other for trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Given the medieval fantasy setting there's should be way more intrigue al a "Game of Thrones" but I guess the constant global threats put a dampener on things
    I would love to see a more political Warcraft.

Really only two nations within the Alliance could be considered feudal though, that being Stormwind and Gilneas. Much of the land within Stormwind (kingdom not city) is controlled by the nobles. In Shadows of the Horde, Bolten Vanyst is mentioned promising control over his realm to one of his daughter's husbands.

Ironforge is also technically a kingdom, but it seems less feudal and more of a collection of lesser (Mountain dwarf) clans ruled by the Bronzebeards. This is slightly more complicated with Dagran Thaurissan II destined to be the King of both Ironforge and Shadowforge.

Other than that, Gnomeregan is a technocratic republic, Darnassus is a loose theocracy, the draenei are a dictatorship and pandaren live in literal anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Independent nations within an alliance? Nah, Blizzard thinks they're the United Kingdoms of Wrynn.