Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCoz View Post
    What is that orb that the tanks are using to move really fast?
    Its a potion http://www.wowhead.com/item=127841/skystep-potion

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    the strongest Teams EU has..
    You seem to be forgetting Absolution,

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You seem to be forgetting Absolution,
    Absolution will not pass the semis

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Absolution will not pass the semis
    They're 2nd seed, even if WH and Raider.IO were the top 2, there's a system in place to help prevent "best" and "2nd best" from vsing before finals. They should have done better in qualifiers if they didn't want to vs this soon.

But I think they have a chance, do people just not know about FSY? High quality players.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-09-23 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Do they even run ads? Watched both China and Oceania partially live and partially in the rerun (since time differences suck for EU with those zones) and don't even think i've seen one ad and i dont run a add blocker for Twitch to support the streamers i watch that do have some ads.
    Probably not, they are first investing to make it a true competitor to NFL and superbowl etc.

No I'm not joking, that's his goal. Once actiblizz has the concentrated viewing market they'll start to monetize.

I haven't seen any ads myself - even when there were breaks that seems like they could fit an ad instead of a blank screen. Maybe that's the point? To show 'your add could slot here' with no lost views?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Probably not, they are first investing to make it a true competitor to NFL and superbowl etc.

No I'm not joking, that's his goal. Once actiblizz has the concentrated viewing market they'll start to monetize.

I haven't seen any ads myself - even when there were breaks that seems like they could fit an ad instead of a blank screen. Maybe that's the point? To show 'your add could slot here' with no lost views?
    A better ad strategy would be to pay Sloot to make a pun involving your product during his commentary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will probally invest even more in PvE tournaments, 36.774 Viewers and its not even the finals, while PvP generally only get arround 10~11k viewers.
    This will be quite cool.

Black Rook Hold is such a good pocket pick to have. If your not prepared for it you get absolutely destroyed as shown by the current match.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Black Rook Hold is such a good pocket pick to have. If your not prepared for it you get absolutely destroyed as shown by the current match.
    Having grievous, raging and fortified didn't do any team any favors. Unless you meticulously planned strats for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    Blizzard will probally invest even more in PvE tournaments, 36.774 Viewers and its not even the finals, while PvP generally only get arround 10~11k viewers.
    This will be quite cool.
    There is not only one stream around. Different languages are streaming as well. Over 50k have watched the MDIs today on twitch.

- - - Updated - - -

The regional finals are quite boring to watch. Besides the fact that both team are in the globals, it would also make no sense for them to practice the dungeons in the regional finals.

Fortunately for Raider.IO that Bigpull decided for HOV. Meowchans setup managed HOV+23 on raging/necrotic/tyrannical during the proving grounds, which was in my opinion the best performance in the whole 7.2.5 season.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2017-09-23 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    The french stream has almost 5k viewers currently. In Europe, for every esport, you have to account the people watching in their native language. In League of Legends there are some high numbers for the french or polish streams for example.

Almost 40k viewers and not even the finals. That's pretty damn good. And that's not including the other streams of the MDI that had a few thousand viewers as well. In total it was well over 50k viewers.

I loved sloots casting. Combination of seriousness, humor and actual breakdowns of what's going on. Everyone else was good as well but sloot is obviously really knowledgeable so having him break down info on what the teams will do/why they choose to do what they're doing is excellent. Along with all the puns of course, makes it very entertaining.

I hope blizzard improves the MDI and it becomes an actual esport event with actual incetivization like bigger prize pools and such. It's been pretty successful so far and with improvements it could be a lot bigger imo.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-09-23 at 07:27 PM.

Just three questions:

Are there some big names behind raider.io?
    No Method team in the race?
    Were there no Russians in the race? I remember Exorsus complaining that there was no real money in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Just three questions:

Meowchan and Thor ruling the M+ Scoreboards since M+ season 1 together. The current setup isn't the original setup and was made up for the tourney.

The team at which method players were involved got DQ'ed from the invitational through a temporary suspension of at least one player of them.

Were there no Russians in the race? I remember Exorsus complaining that there was no real money in PVE.
    The proving ground ladders are still up. Russia hadn't serious competitors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Just three questions:

Musclebrah is a popular german streamer but I don't think the four other guys are notably known except in the high end community.

No Method team because Gingi got his main banned prior to the tournament for real money sales. However Method's healer, Kina, was playing in One healer's team.

It's sad to see WH get thrown out in the regionals, they'd definitely be in the top 3 globally, going up against Raider.IO and narrowly losing early on makes for a weak finals.

Hopefuly the NA race brings in some less standard team comps. Seems every team is running Arms, Sub, Resto Druid/HPally, DK tank/Bear
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Hopefuly the NA race brings in some less standard team comps. Seems every team is running Arms, Sub, Resto Druid/HPally, DK tank/Bear
    Every team is running this kind of setup in Europe. In Asia there was far more diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    It's sad to see WH get thrown out in the regionals, they'd definitely be in the top 3 globally, going up against Raider.IO and narrowly losing early on makes for a weak finals.
    You don't even know the kicker.

The team that dropped out of the EU region (less than 24 hours ago) re-seeded the brackets. WH wasn't on the same side of the bracket as Meowchan's group. When they re-seeded the brackets WH was moved to the same side as Meowchan's Group and Team Bigpull (team that got 2nd) away from Meowchan's side (essentially they swapped places).

Blizzard fucked the brackets less than 12 hours before EU qualifiers started. WH won't qualify for the world finals because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Every team is running this kind of setup in Europe. In Asia there was far more diversity.
    Will see who comes on top in the end but it seemed like the other regions' winnning teams took longer to complete the same dungeons, so comparing side to side, they're not winning. But we'll see.

But yeah, m+ invitational proved again "amazing class balance" we've already seen in TOS, there are 2 melee specs in the game, sub rogue and arms warr, rest doesn't count.

Tbh it isn't much better in ranged department, all I've seen was hunter, boomkin, lock.