Prot 2 and 4set value.

I haven't been very lucky with tier pieces in ToS, at least not as lucky as I have been with non-tier. Not wearing any tier I can get 40% haste and 50% mastery. Is it worth losing 15 item levels per slot and sexy stats for the set bonuses?

At what point do you trade ilvl/itemization for set bonuses?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovidicus View Post
    I haven't been very lucky with tier pieces in ToS, at least not as lucky as I have been with non-tier. Not wearing any tier I can get 40% haste and 50% mastery. Is it worth losing 15 item levels per slot and sexy stats for the set bonuses?

At what point do you trade ilvl/itemization for set bonuses?
    No. The ToS tier set bonuses are not worth losing 15 ilvls.

15 ilvls is a huge difference. Only an exceptional set bonus is worth the stat loss, and this tier's set bonuses are nowhere close to overcoming that loss. The 2pc bonus is nice when combined with dps cooldowns. But for survivability, tis very lackluster. I rarely find myself in need of a large amount of rage in order to survive. The 4pc bonus is even worse: cd decrease on a mediocre bonus? Ya, I'll pass.

Also--this is personal preference--I would say you're a bit high on haste. I find 32-35% haste ideal. Any more feels wasted.

Is there a ballpark number for how many ilvls total it is worth losing to get 2pc or 4pc? Every time its asked in the Discord server the answer is just "2pc and 4pc are worth getting" with no real numbers on how many ilvls you need to drop them.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    No. The ToS tier set bonuses are not worth losing 15 ilvls.

15 ilvls is a huge difference. Only an exceptional set bonus is worth the stat loss, and this tier's set bonuses are nowhere close to overcoming that loss. The 2pc bonus is nice when combined with dps cooldowns. But for survivability, tis very lackluster. I rarely find myself in need of a large amount of rage in order to survive. The 4pc bonus is even worse: cd decrease on a mediocre bonus? Ya, I'll pass.

Also--this is personal preference--I would say you're a bit high on haste. I find 32-35% haste ideal. Any more feels wasted.
    I don't think you realize how much rage the 2 and 4pc provide. The bonuses themselves might be very boring but they're good for both survivability and dps. Exceptionally useful for stacking IPs and it's up pretty quickly (especially with Warlord's Challenge if you don't need the mobility for a particular fight). It's a damn good bonus despite what some people seem to want to claim and results in a ton of extra rage. Rage = survivability so to pass it off as solely a dps bonus would be ignoring facts.

Worth 60 total ilvls across 4 pieces? That part I'm not completely sure of. Quite possible especially if those 4 pieces don't consist of gloves or helm.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-09-23 at 04:02 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I don't think you realize how much rage the 2 and 4pc provide. The bonuses themselves might be very boring but they're good for both survivability and dps. Exceptionally useful for stacking IPs and it's up pretty quickly (especially with Warlord's Challenge if you don't need the mobility for a particular fight). It's a damn good bonus despite what some people seem to want to claim and results in a ton of extra rage. Rage = survivability so to pass it off as solely a dps bonus would be ignoring facts.

Worth 60 total ilvls across 4 pieces? That part I'm not completely sure of. Quite possible especially if those 4 pieces don't consist of gloves or helm.
    I was running 4 piece and it was nice for everything. Good for defense when you needed that bit of rage. Good for offense when you want to really keep Booming Voice up.

I then got a 950 Haste/Mastery chest to drop and it replaced the 900 Tier chest. And now I only use 2 piece. Until I got more loot from my weekly chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2p and 4p are each worth roughly 80 Rage/min, but the difference in stat budget from wearing 1 piece of poorly itemized gear for 2p compared to 3 pieces of poorly itemized gear for 4p is noticeable.

I would try to complete the 2p while wearing the highest item level setup you can manage, but I wouldn't give up 15+ item level in multiple slots for the 4p. I am currently giving up 5 and 10 item levels in two slots to complete the 4-piece, and I think that's a fair trade.
    Last edited by Llarold; 2017-09-30 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    Worth pointing out that the bonuses are impacted if you use Kakushans/Vengeance.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that the massive amounts of additional rage also allow us to get our CDs back much more quickly via AM. I wouldn't ignore the set bonus, but don't take huge ilvl dumps to get it. Also, your secondary stats (for the most part) don't matter, you generally wear anything that's ~10 ilvls higher for armor and ~15 ilvls for jewlery, trinkets are a different story. Unless comparing equivalent ilvl gear (ignoring tier) secondaries are largely incidental.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Worth pointing out that the bonuses are impacted if you use Kakushans/Vengeance.
    In what way does BR giving rage have anything to do w/ gloves and vengeance? I think you're thinking of T21 2p?