Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    1/10 I chuckled
    But its true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesser View Post
    MMOchamp is a toxic boys club. Just not one that actually matters, since it's populated by 12 year olds in their early edgy internet phase. You'll grow out of it, and wish you could erase the embarassing bile you spew, the kekistan flags, the desperate and outdated 4chan memes, the earnest attempt to be as horrible, racist, sexist whatever as possible. All of its going to make you cringe until your eyes roll out your sockets in 5 or 6 years

T. An adult
    So very much mature. I salute your wisdom. Responsible adults see the world as you have said. Without barriers of social constructs

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Awww, it's almost as if actively being a shitty person toward everyone makes everyone else adopt a "fuck shitty people" mantra.

Of course, it'd take shitty people to give it a joke name and use that joke name as an insult which technically should be bannable.

Frankly, this fansite won't be an 'sjw' haven until they start banning your dumb asses for referring to people as 'sjw', in the same way that making fun of someones political party gets you banned here.
    Well look at that.

Someone disagrees with me, BAN THEM.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    But what about if someone identifies as an attack helicopter?
    than its obviously male....

So is Druid, Hunter, Demon Hunter and Mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    than its obviously male....
    I am offended by that. Check your privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    But its true!

So very much mature. I salute your wisdom. Responsible adults see the world as you have said. Without barriers of social constructs
    I chuckle everytime I see a video where someone loses their shit over the Kekistan flag. And laughed out loud at how neutered Bungie's become over how quick they were to bend over when someone found it in Destiny 2.

Honestly I feel that most of the outrage comes from realising they've been played but they're so invested they can't back down without looking like fools.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually priest is inclusive. It's completely gender neutral. Your suggestion would make it non-inclusive. You're suggesting to create a division where none currently exists, and somehow that will be more inclusive, lol. Logic!

*Complains about a perfectly gender neutral inclusive word being non-inclusive*
    *Suggests change that actually makes it non-inclusive*
    *Claims that makes it inclusive*

That's irony for you. Some people just don't have their heads on straight.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-09-25 at 12:57 AM.

Gender isn't binary though! We must change the title of the class to Prxizer for trans gender fluids!

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Actually priest is inclusive. It's completely gender neutral. Your suggestion would make it non-inclusive. You're suggesting to create a division where none currently exists, and somehow that will be more inclusive, lol. Logic!

*Complains about a perfectly gender neutral inclusive word being non-inclusive*
    *Suggests change that actually makes it non-inclusive*

That's irony for you.
    Your argument would have merit if the word "priestess" didn't exist

Warrior is gender neutral because there is no female/feminine/otherkin term for it, and that's perfectly fine. But for priests, priestess is a female term, but the word priest is used as a blanket description to anyone that chooses to be one regardless of gender identity. And something like that is highly offensive.
    change can't wait.

Priest =/= Priestess.

If you have a female priest in your church, you don't call her a priestess. That description is usually used for more ancient religions in which a female is a key element in the religious rites. Only Night Elves would fit in this category, but that would also be quite discriminatory towards males, thus the gender neutral "priest" is used, since it also fits more with the priest archetype in WoW.

Most women prefer not to be gender defined in their roles, which in my language has meant that old gender markers in professions have gone away, unless one in specific situations want to "subtly" say that the person being referred to is female. This is because "-ess" endings usually have been viewed as demeaning towards a person's status in a profession.

This is a silly topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Call yourself whatever you like,
    does it really matter? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    Your argument would have merit if the word "priestess" didn't exist

Warrior is gender neutral because there is no female/feminine/otherkin term for it, and that's perfectly fine. But for priests, priestess is a female term, but the word priest is used as a blanket description to anyone that chooses to be one regardless of gender identity. And something like that is highly offensive.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/warrioress

Definition of warrioress

plural -es
    :a female warrior

It dates back to the 16th century so... you're not very bright.

https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...ss-a-real-word

Go do something useful instead of asking questions that only serve to divide people with no potential outcome to help anyone.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/warrioress

Definition of warrioress

plural -es
    :a female warrior

It dates back to the 16th century so... you're not very bright.

https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...ss-a-real-word

Go do something useful instead of asking questions that only serve to divide people with no potential outcome to help anyone.
    take ur fake news somewhere else
    change can't wait.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is no gender bias in the word Priest, as it represents an abstract profession. Only when relating to a person, or group of persons, does it describe something personal.

Therefore, when asked about their profession, it becomes a personal thing, and it is proper form to reply that they are a priest or priestess of some deity.

On the others hand, if someone asks what the work of a priest entails, there is no distinction between genders, as it is the same function they both fulfill. Similarly there is no distinction if the same question was asked and priestess was used instead to indicate the subject of the question.

To give an opposite example, prince and princess can be used. While the two are, technically, the same, there is a much greater cultural disparity between the two words than there is concerning priest and priestess. This is most widely shown in western medieval culture, which is typically the setting for movies, books, comics, and other fantasy involving princes and princesses.

A prince is the heir to the throne, and must prove his worth in battle, showing valor, strength, and wisdom in his actions. It is through these that he will prove a worthy successor to his king or queen. It is also by these virtues that he must win the heart of a fair maiden, to whom he will be married, and thus ensure the continuation of his family bloodline.

A princess, on the other hand, must learn to be compassionate, selfless, and, above all else, virtous. She must master social graces, and learn how to use her wit and beauty to influence those around her, as she lacks the strength and valor of a prince to do so. The ideal for a princess is to be suited by one or more princes, one of whom she will pledge herself to, and guide and counsel in social matters he know nothing about. Her virtue is also important, as it lends strength to her future prince in that she has foregone earthly pleasures until he arrived, and remained pure.

All of the above is based on western medieval culture as portrayed in movies, books, comics, and other fantasy. The reality of how it was is different, although there are similarities. Most princesses in the history of the world have gone unnoticed, because they were doing as they were expected to do. The few that went against tradition, regardless of their success in this, are the ones people remember. This further enhances the notion of what a princess is supposed to be, as those few go against tradition or the norm.

So to recap:
    There is no difference between a priest and a priestess, other than providing an indication of gender, to allow the listener or reader to better relate to the person. Unlike other words describing the same concept, but with different roles in society — a prince and a princess are both children of a monarch, but are subject to different expectations.

This is why priests in WoW are priests, regardless of gender, as there is no gender related distinction between the roles of that function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming next ... we need an orientation toggle for our transmogs. What if my male Draenei wants to dress sexy? <.<
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, get the hell out of here with your PC Identity Politics bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

take ur fake news somewhere else
    Take ur non-issue somewhere else.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

No, this a cancerous argument. Why only take issue with Priest, why not Shaman, or Warrior, or Demon Hunter, or Death Knight? They could all be Priestess, Shamaness, Warrioress, Demon Huntress, Death Knightess. The class title is Priest, just like the rest of the game.

This is a witch hunt looking to fix something that doesn't need to be touched, the only reason you can give is "feelings."

An Oxford dictionary definition for priest is: " A person who performs religious ceremonies and duties in a non-Christian religion." Sounds inclusive to me
    On the other hand, the only definition for warlock is: "A man who practises witchcraft; a sorcerer."
    How about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    The great thing about the human mind is that we have the ability to think about more than one thing at once. I'm sorry if you're so mentally challenged that you can't do that
    Actually we can't, the human brain is solidly a single thread processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I think the problem is assigning genderisms to fucking words, fuck priestess off, fuck actress off, all the shit like that. There you go, all you PC police should be happy, everyone is the same.
    This ^^ , you know what OP? I suddenly feel the need to just refer to all of you as cloth healers from now on, problem solved

The female priests are called "priestesses" in English. It would be suitable for the class name to be spelled properly, given the WoW support gender-based class names and class gender substitution in its dialog system.