Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    If only Supatease knew some PvE side more he would totally fit in with Sloot and Jak.
    Supa is easily one of the main reasons why I tune in to PVP events. Dude is just in a league of his own and is super passionate about what he does.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-09-25 at 12:57 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Supa is easily one of the main reasons why I tune in to PVP events. Dude is just in a league of his own and is super passionate about what he does.
    Wow the pvp scene must be bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Why not? They did with fire mage.
    yes man they really nerfed fire because of that but yet didnt even touch living bombs target cap ./facepalm

I only caught a little of it, but during a CoEN run I noticed, and the casters also were wondering why the players weren't using the green haste zones. Was there a gentleman's agreement between the teams to not use them or something?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    I only caught a little of it, but during a CoEN run I noticed, and the casters also were wondering why the players weren't using the green haste zones. Was there a gentleman's agreement between the teams to not use them or something?
    The damage dealt by the zone scales with the modifier from the keystone now (was hotfixed after that trick was used in the tournament).

Funny highlight from team Premonition during the Americas bracket play (From YouTube).

watch?v=kiZlDuX753U

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Seeing as almost every team played NL once or twice, is there any reason not a single group cc'd the big golem at the final boss?

You cant CC every golem, but depending on the group/affixes you can CC either the last 1 or 2 and save 10-30 seconds on the boss.

The two I saw they just killed it - Saves you having to worry about kiting it. It dies pretty quickly to cleave if you kite it into the spikes efficiently which both groups I saw did. People not doing this is one thing which really annoys me when I pug NL!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie
    Funny highlight from team Premonition during the Americas bracket play (From YouTube).

watch?v=kiZlDuX753U
    This was the moment that cost them the first instance, in an otherwise very cleanly played series. I bet they /facepalmed themself for that small moment of lack of attention.

Did someone make tables of times /played on instances, along with the affixes? I am curious how the teams rated. For example, I found Premonition impressive in their clean play, but no idea if they also were fast. In the broadcast partial lists were shown, but without affixes which made them much less useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    Did someone make tables of times /played on instances, along with the affixes? I am curious how the teams rated. For example, I found Premonition impressive in their clean play, but no idea if they also were fast. In the broadcast partial lists were shown, but without affixes which made them much less useful.
    Well, there's this. But you'll have to jump between regions manually...
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-09-26 at 07:48 AM.

Hippo for numba wan!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, there's this. But you'll have to jump between regions manually...
    Unfortunately we don't have accurate time stamps of the loosers. Even the time stamps of the winners are sometimes not accurate due to the visual 99% issue. Meowchans team for example cleared lower kara in ~17:27 but the timer doesn't stop until 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge
    Unfortunately we don't have accurate time stamps of the loosers. Even the time stamps of the winners are sometimes not accurate due to the visual 99% issue. Meowchans team for example cleared lower kara in ~17:27 but the timer doesn't stop until 17:37.
    Worse, several losing teams did not finish, and sometimes deaths lead to wipes while other times deaths are easily solved. Nevertheless, every tier has the same affixes, in the same order within that tier. So I try on two instances that were played in most matches by the same finalists (I hope I got them all correctly :

Lower, semi:
    Friends w/aff >23:50 (19 deaths)
    Free Marsy 32:22 (19)
    Premonition 24:35 (10)
    Honestly 24:12 (1)

comparable (2nd instance in semi): Raider.Io 17.37 (0)

CoEN, final:
    MMT >22:53 (17)
    Free Marsy >22:02 (11)
    Bigpull >22:00 (17)
    MPE 22:53 (12)
    Honestly 21:02 (3)
    Friends w/aff 20:18 (5)
    Premonition 20:01 (3)
    Raider.Io 19.38 (6)

Raider.Io is the clear winner, Premonition a good second, so this time the brackets for next weekend actually dont seem to pit the best ones at each other immediately.
    Last edited by Leonora; 2017-09-26 at 12:32 PM.

CoEN, final:
    The final games need to be taken with a bucket-full of salt, they were already into next weeks games, they wouldn't want to show any strats or maybe didn't bother learning the dungeon to the level they did others, because they could spend that time on dungeons they needed to complete in order to make it into next weeks games. A few teams clearly didn't care when in them. We saw significantly better play from most teams, until finals where they played averagely.

yeah, if you practice time is limited, why would you practice a map your only going to play after you already qualified? i'd much rather practice the maps I need to play to qualify in the first place.

Now if you have the time to do both, then ofc better seeding is important. But if your going to put your focus anywhere, its on qualifying in the first place.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It was indeed claimed by the commentators that in the finals people would do less good. I am not so sure. Past weekend it was pointed out that being 1 or 2 would matter in meeting raider.io, so now suddenly 'it would matter'. But this is generally the case, and as you can see in that list, differences can be quite large. It seems generally better for your placement to be first, as you then meet the lesser teams first. If I got in the final I would not suddenly be relaxed or held back so much; it might bite me down the road.
    Or, reversed - if this kind of thinking would be true for all teams, then we still see comparable times: all have more relaxed mindsets. Yet still the differences are quite dramatic.

Deleted
    It was indeed claimed by the commentators that in the finals people would do less good. I am not so sure. Past weekend it was pointed out that being 1 or 2 would matter in meeting raider.io, so now suddenly 'it would matter'. But this is generally the case, and as you can see in that list, differences can be quite large. It seems generally better for your placement to be first, as you then meet the lesser teams first. If I got in the final I would not suddenly be relaxed or held back so much; it might bite me down the road.
    Or, reversed - if this kind of thinking would be true for all teams, then we still see comparable times: all have more relaxed mindsets. Yet still the differences are quite dramatic.
    for us it matters as nobody wants to face raider.io
    for eu thats a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Why not? They did with fire mage.
    Ele sham too

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2017 View Post
    Funny highlight from team Premonition during the Americas bracket play
    We missed you in the Invitational buddy.

Better luck next time!

this shit is about as fun to watch as olympic swimming. All these people are doing are time trials. Or practice runs they've done a million times before. Blizz needs to add new affixes they have never seen or additional ones to shake it up. Otherwise ResidentSleeper

Deleted
    Nice event so far tbh, with some major problems tho like tank stuck in cage in MoS LUL. Can't wait to see the final event and how many viewers the stream is gonna peak at.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    We missed you in the Invitational buddy.

Better luck next time!
    Yeah I'd say you missed me as much as you missed that interrupt in lower kara. Wonder if you thought about me during that runback.

Xoxo.