Dang, that stung a little today. This season's not looking good at all. Ancelotti won't see the end of the season at Munich if this goes on. Bayern tolerates a lot of bullshit, but failure is not one of them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Good question. I think we will know for sure once the KO stage start. So far it looks like Chelsea, ManU and City are having a go at it. I need to see the Spurs at Bernabeu to give a better judgement.
    It's way too early to make predictions (injuries could still wreck any team) but there's no obvious 2010/11 Barca in this years competition. I reckon it could be pretty open and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Dang, that stung a little today. This season's not looking good at all. Ancelotti won't see the end of the season at Munich if this goes on. Bayern tolerates a lot of bullshit, but failure is not one of them.
    I haven't seen a lot of Bayern outside of Ulreich’s howler against Hoffenheim, so it's entirely possible that I've missed several players getting old overnight, but are the squad not good enough or does it feel like it's more on Paolo?

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    I haven't seen a lot of Bayern outside of Ulreich’s howler against Hoffenheim, so it's entirely possible that I've missed several players getting old overnight, but are the squad not good enough or does it feel like it's more on Paolo?
    Selling Toni Kroos for a near retired Xabi alonso was one of the worst decisions in the footballing worldz in the last 10 years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Selling Toni Kroos for a near retired Xabi alonso was one of the worst decisions in the footballing worldz in the last 10 years
    Ain't complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    To be honest, it feels like the team isn't the unit it was. It isn't age, because Robben is as hungry as ever, Ribery is in good shape and Kimmich is doing a splendid successor's job to Lahm (being praised all over the papers). Alonso was slow as fuck, so nobody sheds a tear for his absence. It isn't age. It's that they don't play as a unit anymore. Since we didn't do a complete overhaul in the past few years, there are a few key decisions that I blame for the decline (and it can't really be called anything but a decline at this stage):

1. Rummenigge refusing Kroos to pay the same wage as Götze and thus losing a key player to Madrid, who's becoming a bit of a rock star over there... while Götze went back to Dortmund after severely underperforming at Bayern...
    2. Angering Pep with the whole Kroos deal and possibly not doing enough to keep him for another stint. Because Guardiola absolutely elevated the team even further than Heynckes did. People keep forgetting that the two wins against Barcelona that everyone hyped (including me, because it was brilliant) don't mean much because Messi was in shit shape at the time.
    3. Bayern thinking they can wait another 3-4 years until their new youth centre pays off. And thus, not really going for bigger names. Now... I'm on the fence on this, as I'm a big fan of Bavarian philosophy to not copy every silliness that EPL or Spanish teams are doing... but we may be a little too stingy these days. We need to fix the Robben/Ribery problem. And we need to fix it this year, because they could drop out of active play at any time. Just one serious injury might end their career at this stage. And they are both physical players relying on their body to function.

So, it's not all Ancelotti. But he's really not helping there. People keep talking about his 3 titles. And I'll totally cheer for him if he wins the fourth title with us. But at this stage, I'm inclined to believe he got lucky with his squads. Bayern needs someone to rebuild the team, not someone to manage an already successful team. Madrid and Barcelona are still ahead of us and unless we get a lucky break or have a star performance, we can't reliably say "we'll beat them". Heck, apparently we can't even beat PSG reliably. This could be the worst CL performance in the past 7 years for Bayern. So not looking forward to the rest of the group stages.

Guess Bayern are just humans after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Last 10 years? I've wrecked my brains on this, I cannot remember a bad decision like that at all. It wasn't even a forced decision. They could've kept him no problem. They just decided not to. And then realised "Oh fuck, we need a midfielder!"

I've never seen anyone put themselves in such a shitty position.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I watched the whole PSG-Bayern game and damn I'll say it straight out, PSG wasn't 3-0 better than Bayern.

Yes Bayern didn't play as well as they could and yes PSG was clinical but Bayern controlled them quite easily in the first half. I don't think this would have been the result if this would have been a KO game. The first goal was indeed Bayern's fault but if that wouldn't have happened I assume things would have been different. You can argue about how Neuer's presence would have made a difference here.

I was surprised with the line-up, especially the CB-pairing, but I think that Ancelotti wanted to win the central midfield but that plan went to shambles when they considered so early.

Ancelotti has been given the task to guide Bayern to a transition which is no easy task considering how important "Robbery" has been for an example. I still think Bayern can get into form and be one of the biggest conteders for CL this year.

The weaknesses I saw in Bayern today I have seen the whole season but PSG had a lot of weaknesses themselves. As it was already stated on this forum: Let's see how well PSG play at the Allianz!

- - - Updated - - -

And these Lewandowski rumours are just pathetic IMO. He says something about the club and everyone thinks he wants to leave, it was the same thing in the summer but whoops he still plays for Bayern. He said himself that the rumours about him forcing a move to Real was bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post

And these Lewandowski rumours are just pathetic IMO. He says something about the club and everyone thinks he wants to leave, it was the same thing in the summer but whoops he still plays for Bayern. He said himself that the rumours about him forcing a move to Real was bullshit.
    Weren't these rumours made by his agent and relatives. If so, Lewan wants to leave but he is playing the good boy card right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    I watched the whole PSG-Bayern game and damn I'll say it straight out, PSG wasn't 3-0 better than Bayern.

Yes Bayern didn't play as well as they could and yes PSG was clinical but Bayern controlled them quite easily in the first half. I don't think this would have been the result if this would have been a KO game. The first goal was indeed Bayern's fault but if that wouldn't have happened I assume things would have been different. You can argue about how Neuer's presence would have made a difference here.

I was surprised with the line-up, especially the CB-pairing, but I think that Ancelotti wanted to win the central midfield but that plan went to shambles when they considered so early.

Ancelotti has been given the task to guide Bayern to a transition which is no easy task considering how important "Robbery" has been for an example. I still think Bayern can get into form and be one of the biggest conteders for CL this year.

The weaknesses I saw in Bayern today I have seen the whole season but PSG had a lot of weaknesses themselves. As it was already stated on this forum: Let's see how well PSG play at the Allianz!

- - - Updated - - -

Lewandowski never talks bad about a club. He's a professional. He let's his agent do the bad talking. About Bayern, we'll see if they can fix this. If they get to the semis, I'll eat my words. But until then, this is a problem. And this is the time to stop pretending it's a one off mishap. They lost or drew games in the league that they shouldn't have. Bayern is having a kink in the gearbox. And they need to address it. Unfortunately, they do not have much time. Imagine Celtic getting a whiff of a chance.. they'll grab it. When Bayern plays at Celtic, it won't be an easy game.

Deleted
    About Kroos.

Some special as in mentally handicapped shit happened at Munich to let him go after his WC performance. ESPECIALLY, after they won the WC with Kroos doing a superb job and Götze being a sub (sure he gave you the trophy min 117 bla bla bla). I bet my ass and 2 cents that Guardiola got so angry (which pleases me).

Deleted
    MFW trying to figure out what shite EL match to watch:

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    MFW trying to figure out what shite EL match to watch:

"oh boy more football tonight I wonder who's pla-"

I guess I'll just study.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Lewandowski never talks bad about a club. He's a professional. He let's his agent do the bad talking. About Bayern, we'll see if they can fix this. If they get to the semis, I'll eat my words. But until then, this is a problem. And this is the time to stop pretending it's a one off mishap. They lost or drew games in the league that they shouldn't have. Bayern is having a kink in the gearbox. And they need to address it. Unfortunately, they do not have much time. Imagine Celtic getting a whiff of a chance.. they'll grab it. When Bayern plays at Celtic, it won't be an easy game.
    Yeah, it's looking far from perfect but this is not the end of the world. Ancelotti's tactics were quite strange in this game.

Yup, Lewa's agent usually do these kind of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumours that Ancelotti has been sacked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    "oh boy more football tonight I wonder who's pla-"

I guess I'll just study.
    Idd. Think I'm doing house chores as opposed to watching EL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ancelotti sacked confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Ancelotti sacked confirmed.
    I heard Frank de Boer is available.

Willy Sagnol their assistant coach is most likely to take over. Will probably go for Nagelsmann next summer since getting him now seems unlikely.

Deleted
    Ancelotti's second years =/= Mou's second years

- - - Updated - - -

Is Tuchel available?

10+ Year Old Account
    Frank de Boer is waiting for Keizer's inevitable demise if they drop points at Heerenveen or Sparta. Or not!

https://twitter.com/AlansAvailable

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Ancelotti's second years =/= Mou's second years

- - - Updated - - -

Is Tuchel available?
    Tuchel would be great but i think it will be Nagelsmann.