Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

People using group finder to leech world quests

I keep seeing people doing this, especially on the PvP world quests. Players start or join a quest group and just sit there on their flying mount waiting for others to complete it. I don't mind if a poorly geared player barely does any damage, or even if someone from outside the group tags the mobs and lets others finish them off, at least that's interactive. But this? How is this even fun for them?

Some WQ are simply too boring but sometimes you gotta complete it for whatever the reward is. I don't feel bad for doing it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Im gonna counter that with Who cares.

I just click on my automatic world quest group finder stuff and join or create a group then go do stuff. Noone joins who cares. Someone joins and doesn't do anything who cares.

Deleted
    Yea, it's slightly annoying, but does it really affect you that much?
    Takes 20 seconds to finish a WQ anyways. When there's a leecher it might take 23 seconds, which I don't think will destroy your world.
    Noone forces you to stay in that particular group.

This is such a small thing to whine about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    How is this even fun for them?
    World quests arent fun, they are a chore.

Since the rewards are good people still have to do them though, so many will eventually just leech off others. Just like with the invasion points.

Deleted
    I just kick them

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    whine
    This word is so overused here. Nothing can be discussed, no constructive criticism can be made because it's "whining". Stop projecting that word on everything you see.

This is a very minor thing, but it signals a crucial problem with the WoW playerbase and ultimately the reason for all the bad things in the game. People hate certain aspects of the game, they consider them "boring", "not fun" and "a chore", but they don't press Blizzard about it with level, constructive criticism because that would be "whining", and when other people bring it up they no doubt jump on them calling them "whiners", all the while finding ways to cut corners in game that are 1. certainly not engaging at all, since they're simply clicking a button provided by the addon and tabbing out of the game, and 2. take advantage of other players who no doubt are just as bored with doing world quests, but at least go through the motion of completing the objectives.

How can this whole cycle not amount to shit?

You could just do them solo...

Sometimes I think people don't realize that some issues are not really related to the game but more to human nature, everything in this universe tries to achieve the minimum energy spending state, so, yes some people who are bored of WQ might leech, but also might have had a phone call when joining the group, or might have spilled their beer on the keyboard, or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    You could just do them solo...
    On my main I usually do.

Deleted
    I leech, fight me

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    Yea, it's slightly annoying, but does it really affect you that much?
    Takes 20 seconds to finish a WQ anyways. When there's a leecher it might take 23 seconds, which I don't think will destroy your world.
    Noone forces you to stay in that particular group.
    Why would it take longer with a leecher? The mobs health only would scale if the leecher actually would hit the mob.
    Just go to the WQ, middle click the button to create your own group, when people join who help (and this is still by far the majority) your Q will be quicker, if only a leecher joins it will take just as much time as when doing it alone.

Believe it or not but you absolutely need many of the aspects of the game you consider a chore. You get rid of all of them and the game won't resemble anything playable.

Deleted
    Elitists, capable of kicking a dps who does 5% less damage than what they expect in a heroic dungeon because they are going "slower", but when they don't have to show how long their dps bar is they can go AFK while others do their "chores".

Deleted
    World Quest Assistant tracks people who go idle for a time and gives you a tool to kick them. Also people who just abuse the group to hop (too far away). One click later and they're gone.

The problem became widespread when World Quest Group Finder became popular. Was fine while it wasn't. Then WQA came out and it had tools to get rid of the deadbeats. I don't even join groups anymore - I make them and I kick anyone going afk. My hope is that people are still using WQGF and that it still doesn't let you rejoin a group for the quest unless you exit and reenter the quest zone. If they don't want to do the quest they don't have to. No reward is gamebreaking to the point that you're forced to do it. If a special snowflake thinks it's time is worth more than the other four people in a group then the special snowflake can waste it's time alone. Low dps people I don't care about, I'll even heal them if they struggle and I'm on a class that has heals, but if you join a group to do a quest, you better be doing it.

Diễn đàn hay như này mà bây h mình mới biêt

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I leech, fight me
    I do not.

Saves me the trouble of wiping spittle from the bathroom mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Elitists, capable of kicking a dps who does 5% less damage than what they expect in a heroic dungeon because they are going "slower", but when they don't have to show how long their dps bar is they can go AFK while others do their "chores".
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Classic had none of that and was absolutely playable. You just did things with no plan the plan was in your head. Now its just linear. 4 quests Argus + 4 broken shore + 3 kirin tor and done. Log out log alt repeat. etc.

Random BGs are over, LFR is over, raiding and dungeons are the only other thing you can do and even AP grinding is soft capped.

Id rather have a system where nothing you do is "the right way of doing things".

Thats how classic was successful. Nothing was the "best thing to do". You just did things.

An old MMO (Legend of Mir 2) did the following:

Offered a huge mine where players mined and fought.
    Caves where players would venture to find rare mobs that could or couldnt spawn.
    Open raid dungeon mazes with many floors where players could die and never be able to go recover.

Simple stuff that got it all right. In wow its all so complicated to the extent where you have so much you "must" do to not fall behind that you become overwhelmed and drop game.
    The game should focus less on catering to the snowflakes and more on engaging the average player. The average player probably doesn't use world quest addons and probably doesn't think or isn't jaded enough to afk and leech, unless they get a phone call like someone mentioned.

I said I see this most often at PvP World Quests, and they really are the best at attracting this behavior. Prestige is an endless grind, the tower quests are all the same and therefore extremely boring, they take just long enough to complete that you feel the need to join a group and they are a special snowflake magnet. I have no doubt a lot of the people leeching today will brag about their prestige 30 next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    World quests arent fun, they are a chore.
    ^^ this

and sometimes if i get in combat i have to wait more to get out of combat than it took to finish the wq.
    fuck that "can't mount while in combat" system.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

I love doing that, land on WQ area, create group with an addon, and just go on my second monitor doing something else. Once plebs do my quest I move on.