Poll: Do you like spaceships and sci-fi in WoW?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GenjiNumeroUno View Post
    It definitely didn't feel like that. Perception is everything.
    It most certainly did! The old forums were alive with "LOL WORLD OF STARCRAFT, LOL SPACEGOATS" back in the day. Legion follows TBC quite well in terms of theme, not just demons, but the Sci-Fi aspect too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I know. I brought both dark portals as examples because those were awe-inspiring and more than a loading screen, at least the first time through.
    I much prefer the upgraded Vindicaar to a big gate with discount Tyraels.

Deleted
    I would prefer a different theme but it's not a big deal

World of Warcraft is loosing its touch to what WARCRAFT is about.

Warcraft is about Magic, dark ages with swords and shields, Humans and Orcs - on THAT level! Not freaking spaceships and technology like the Titans and such. I'm fine what the Gnomes and Goblins brings to the tablet, however, anything else beyond this is just ridiculous.

I miss the good old days with Warcraft 2 game and hence, Warcraft 3 as well + WoW Vanilla where you would be AMAZED getting a new blue sword with normal stats etc. Now it's just .. pathetic. I play the game, but deep inside i'm having a very hard time enjoying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    World of Warcraft is loosing its touch to what WARCRAFT is about.

Warcraft is about Magic, dark ages with swords and shields, Humans and Orcs - on THAT level! Not freaking spaceships and technology like the Titans and such. I'm fine what the Gnomes and Goblins brings to the tablet, however, anything else beyond this is just ridiculous.

I miss the good old days with Warcraft 2 game and hence, Warcraft 3 as well + WoW Vanilla where you would be AMAZED getting a new blue sword with normal stats etc. Now it's just .. pathetic. I play the game, but deep inside i'm having a very hard time enjoying this.
    Warcraft is about magic huh? But you don't like the magic-tech of the draenei or Legion, but like the pure high tech of gnomes and goblins? What?

Deleted
    I'm fine what the Gnomes and Goblins brings to the tablet, however, anything else beyond this is just ridiculous.
    Well are you in luck or what? The Legion "tech" is technically not beyond Goblin and Gnome inventions as technically the Legion (and Titan) tech is magic.

- - - Updated - - -

So is it lore reasons, or 'mah purps!'?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Warcraft is about magic huh? But you don't like the magic-tech of the draenei or Legion, but like the pure high tech of gnomes and goblins? What?
    Fun part is that Gnome tech and Titan tech are to high degrees the same thing. Gnomes are Titan tech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So is it lore reasons, or 'mah purps!'?
    Just look at his argument. He brings up just the things that established WarCraft as exactly not what he defines it as.

Ehem.. are you having a very hard time reading or even seeing reason here? Or are you just dumb? Please, I want you to take a step away from your computer, place your hands on your knee and rethink what's going on in your life right now..

"Magic-tech" of draenei? No.
    "Magic-tech" of spaceships.. Say this word again.. SPACESHIPS! In a World where flight would be of Griffins and zipperlins etc.

Can you see the gap here?
    Next time, please think..... Jesus christ man

THIS is Warcraft in its purest form:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyahEOOHCCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f96hKqkY_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2vm-QjK2xQ

This is NOT warcraft!
    https://youtu.be/ysRqfZPvijE?t=1m45s
    Last edited by Xofa; 2017-09-28 at 11:43 AM.

Ehem.. are you having a very hard time reading or even seeing reason here? Or are you just dumb? Please, I want you to take a step away from your computer, place your hands on your knee and rethink what's going on in your life right now..

"Magic-tech" of draenei? No.
    "Magic-tech" of spaceships.. Say this word again.. SPACESHIPS! In a World where flight would be of Griffins and zipperlins etc.

Can you see the gap here?
    Next time, please think..... Jesus christ man
    Magic spaceships. Not high tech spaceships.

There is a difference.

Magic spaceships. Not high tech spaceships.

There is a difference.
    keyword here is spaceship.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You have to understand though... basically all of these stem from LotR...
    No, they do not. You don't know much about the fantasy genre, eh? Read my post and learn something, I suggest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I like it? No, but I don't really mind it either.

Deleted
    It's not bothering me as it is right now, but I wish it didn't escalate any further, also, where the f did Vindicar come from??

Oshugun, Exodar, Mechanar, Botanica, Arcatraz, the Eye. None of which are new to the lore or game. The fact the Draenei had ships, it should be no shock that the eredar would have them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    It's not bothering me as it is right now, but I wish it didn't escalate any further, also, where the f did Vindicar come from??
    They are made by the naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Oshugun, Exodar, Mechanar, Botanica, Arcatraz, the Eye. None of which are new to the lore or game. The fact the Draenei had ships, it should be no shock that the eredar would have them.

None of which belongs to the lore or game.

Deleted
    Does anyone ever call them that tough? Because they are not spaceships. They are dimension ships or portal ships at best.

- - - Updated - - -

None of which belongs to the lore or game.
    BLizz made them so they belong. And really they are not that out of place in a game where Titan created robots become real people who make robot chickens and nuclear weapons.

Hell, if you value medieval fantasy that much Gnomes are much worse than some crystal magic portal dimension ships.

They're not really any significantly different from how flying Dalaran teleports places. In fact, it's the exact same magic in the case of the Vindicaar.

I quite like it.

Fuck off if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    I quite like it.

Fuck off if you don't.
    Your opinion has no value. Fuck off yourself.

Deleted
    I'm torn on it. It's pretty cool but then again it kind of makes the legion feel less demonic in a way.