Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Very disappointed that the blood dlc isn't out at launch, but at least it's free for us who already own it for the previous game. Warhammer just feels off without blood.
    No kidding. I put off getting it for the first game at first, because I thought "fuck off, paying 7 bucks just to have blood? nothing more?". But then I bought it months later when it was heavily on sale, and ohh dear lord, what a difference it makes.

Warhammer just doesn't feel right when its PG-13 no blood stains anywhere.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Yeah blood&gore is needed but i understand they do it is to sell more copies for a wider audience, lets hope we get it very soon.

Now that I've had a chance to test it for a while, here's my initial impressions of it:

1: LOVE the updated combat animations. They were already badass in the first game, but are even more impressive here. Specially when a monster unit fights another monster unit (Say, Dragon vs T-rex). The animations are so good in fact, that I've come close to defeat 3 times already because I was too distracted looking at the carnage to pay attention to actually, you know..... leading the troops and issuing commands.

2: MUCH better tutorial. This is totally a great starting point for anyone introducing themselves to the Total War franchise as a whole.

3: Spectacular graphics. As it is, the Old World map looked gorgeous, but this one makes it look like crap.

4: Minor Settlement Sieges are improved. We still don't get actual buildings in the battlefield like in Shogun 2 or Rome 2 (The only other Total War games I've played) but at least they're in the background and good god, they look amazing. Its a vast improvement over the previous game where you just met the garrison forces on a nondescript field.

5: Speaking of Fields, they were pretty boring and generic in the first game. There's a shitload more map variety this time around.

6: I don't really like the new UI color. I dunno, the color grey is just dull and non-impressive. I liked better the golden UI of the first game. Ohh well, its only a matter of time before someone makes a mod that changes the color so I'm not too worried.

7: That phoenix and his damned fire poop ability are insane. I've gotten a ton of mileage out of mine so far.

8: The intro cutscenes as well as the Ritual cutscenes are mighty impressive.

That being said, I've encountered at least one bug :/

When two melee units are attacking one another, inevitably they begin to die, however, its the units at the BACK that start to spontaneously die off, instead of the ones at the front actually engaged in combat. Needless to say it looks really weird to see two units of spearmen attacking each other, and doing no damage at all, but their buddies at the back are getting massive strokes and just flat out dying out for no reason.

Its a minor bug though, one I hope gets patched soon. Also, they really need to release the blood DLC soon, because this PG-13 Warhammer thing just doesn't feel right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    7: That phoenix and his damned fire poop ability are insane. I've gotten a ton of mileage out of mine so far.
    Yeah this shits busted.

Just fly over a clump of enemies, click button, poof 25% of their unit's HP is gone... And then you can do it 9 more times.

Just absolutely slaughtered the second battle I was in and like half the reason was that ability, just a few drops and their whole army was chain routing.

If my PC ran well the first Warhammer, I should be safe with this one ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    If my PC ran well the first Warhammer, I should be safe with this one ?
    Yes this one is even more optimized than the last.

This one isn't that Age of Sigmar crap is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    This one isn't that Age of Sigmar crap is it?
    No, the whole trilogy is based on 8th edition.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes this one is even more optimized than the last.
    yep. I was able to run the first one just fine, and the second one, despite having the same system requirements than the last one, looks even better, and runs even smoother.

- - - Updated - - -

and thank god for that.

Deleted
    It´s all fun untill you start a ritual and a lot of chaos/rat armies spawn out of no where and destroy half of your cities. But yet it gets worse, the AI spawns an interception army of 10k g and attacks on the same turn so there is nothing you can do... oh well..

Was on a trip and got back today, game's downloading now. I could nolife and wait for it to finish before having a go, but I have 30 hours of travel in my body so fuck it, gonna play tomorrow on my day off.

Might help me decide my first starting LL, currently torn between Kroq-Gar and Teclis. The latter seems like a cooler character and I love me some dragons, but the former seems to have a more interesting start position, fights tons of Skaven which will never get old, and I possibly love dinosaurs even more than Dragons.

The game run on the same engine than one, more or less ?
    (I'm not very good at optimization and such, so...)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The game run on the same engine than one, more or less ?
    (I'm not very good at optimization and such, so...)
    Its the same engine from what I can tell. But WAY better optimized

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    It´s all fun untill you start a ritual and a lot of chaos/rat armies spawn out of no where and destroy half of your cities. But yet it gets worse, the AI spawns an interception army of 10k g and attacks on the same turn so there is nothing you can do... oh well..
    And this is why you prepare before doing a ritual instead of just clicking on the button midnlessly. Get a fully stacked army of your best units at each ritual site, and if you want to be on the safe side, make a secondary army of at least 10 stacks to act as reinforcement backup outside the cities.

Ok. Might get it then.. The whole Age of Sigmar had be dump all my miniatures.... never could get a game for 6th anymore....

Its always the "AGE OF SIGMAR or go home"....

Its the same engine from what I can tell. But WAY better optimized

- - - Updated - - -

And this is why you prepare before doing a ritual instead of just clicking on the button midnlessly. Get a fully stacked army of your best units at each ritual site, and if you want to be on the safe side, make a secondary army of at least 10 stacks to act as reinforcement backup outside the cities.
    Except thats not actually the issue. Its the armies that spawn in a random spot on the continent and don't even bother to rush the ritual site but instead raze everything around them.

Its probably fine if your only in a small area but doing it after you conquered the continent is just frustrating.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

First impressions: holy shit Saurus Warriors clean house early game. In my first battle on Very Hard, I had 500 soldiers against 2500 Skaven, Stormvermin included, and 0 chevrons Saurus who were shot at the entire time by slingers simply did not give a fuck and rampaged through the rats like they were nothing. Combined with your starting dinosaur and I'm in love with the Lizards already.

There's a myriad of UI, graphical and strategic improvements (more building slots is sweet), but overall it feels like a pretty iterative sequel. Which i'm 100% fine with, the original TW:WH was a very fine formula and there's no reason to mess with it overmuch.

Now if you will excuse me, there's a lot more rat men to kill before I'm done securing my immediate surroundings.

yep. I was able to run the first one just fine, and the second one, despite having the same system requirements than the last one, looks even better, and runs even smoother.
    Must really hate my laptop, then. WH1 runs pretty well on low settings with some features on medium, WH2 runs badly on the lowest possible. The campaign map runs horribly, battles are relatively fine. I may have to update drivers, but I can't imagine drivers giving me double the FPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Really love the new battlemaps, looks way better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Must really hate my laptop, then. WH1 runs pretty well on low settings with some features on medium, WH2 runs badly on the lowest possible. The campaign map runs horribly, battles are relatively fine. I may have to update drivers, but I can't imagine drivers giving me double the FPS.
    Have you tried playing a little zoomed out?

I am not sure, but I think the campaign camera TWW2 defaults at a lower angle... IE: You are looking at/rendering more stuff, which might explain the performance loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Really love the new battlemaps, looks way better.
    Yeah I noticed that too. There are almost no flat maps, all of them have some interesting geographical features, like hills or lakes.

Saurus continue to give 0 fucks. 900 Lizards against 4 armies totaling 5500 Skaven, and they just carved a bloody path through the the Clanrats, it was glorious. I'm just giddy thinking of the slaughter that will happen once I get Lord buffs and veterancy on them. And that's on Very Hard where the AI gets buffed a bit. Would be even more one-sided if not for the Skaven skirmishers that I basically cannot catch effectively so I'll get Cold Ones ASAP.

Also really can't wait for the Blood Pack to apply to WH2.