Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Charge the parents of the toddler for negligence and raw stupidity.

While I'll never own a gun myself, I don't really have a problem with gun laws regarding children, provided the parents aren't retarded enough to keep them on hand like that. They should be locked tightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    It's common practice to keep your weapons and ammo seperate expecially if you have kids. How stupid can you be to have a what had to be loaded firearm at a day care?
    The sad thing is that the vast majority (but not all) of civilian gun owners are typically lower IQ people, so shit like this happens every so often.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Other 2 kids should have been given an glock or an assault rifle then this wouldt have happen, when will they learn, u gotta arm EVERYONE then nobody will be shot/killed

/s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    replace that gun with a pair of scissors. or a hair dryer. or a kitchen knife. or a bottle of household cleaner. or painkillers. or hot stove. pot or a pan left with hot something on a stove. an electric socket left open and accessible. or any sort of tool left around carelessly enough for a child to acess - especially something like a nail gun or a wall stapler.

gun. is. a tool. it is a tool that hurts. ergo, it should be handled with the same care and caution as any other tool. why is it when kids get hurt (and they DO get hurt all the time) becasue their caregivers left around tools that can hurt someone when not careful - we don't go into sarcastic rhetoric and calls to ban all scissors or construction staplers?

what happened should not have happened. it did because AN ADULT was careless with a tool. not because "gunz are ebil!" why wasn't that weapon stored in a proper safe (and those safes are as good as childproof caps on pill bottles and other childproof locks one should have when living with toddlers)? why was it accessible to a child? what else do they have lying around carelessly that children can hurt themselves with?

I mean, gun safety is exactly the same as the power tool safety (like say a hand drill or a saw). unplug it when not in use. don't point it at yourself or other people. do NOT keep your finger on a trigger until you are ready to use it. keep. out. of reach. of children. but sure, lets derail this argument by mocking self defense, when it had NOTHING to do with this.
    You are correct except for the bolded part.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I know the American answer to that is to "shoot them dead and then shoot again for good measure."
    If they are acting life threatening to myself or family, absolutely. The goal is to make sure the threat is eliminated. The second shot would depend on how effective I thought the first one was. But usually, you are better off just shooting them several times, because it all happens within a second or two. Need to make sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You are correct except for the bolded part.
    He is correct about the bolded part also. The gun is a tool. And in some cases, for target shooting, esp competition. In other cases, it is a tool for self defense. Just because it is one you would not use, does not mean it is not a tool for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If they are acting life threatening to myself or family, absolutely. The goal is to make sure the threat is eliminated. The second shot would depend on how effective I thought the first one was. But usually, you are better off just shooting them several times, because it all happens within a second or two. Need to make sure.
    Good thing where I live there is no wild beasts that would pose such a threat to every person living here.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    more often than not yes seeing as theres between 750k and 2 million defensive gun uses a year
    Seriously quoting a flawed study that happened in the 90s? This piece picks it apart since it was a single flawed study...

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...262_Page2.html

If scientific studies would have support guns then do you honestly think these gun groups would be against gun studies?

Right wing and science are a contradiction

Home daycare owner fails to prevent toddlers from accessing firearms? Toddler fires, injures two other kids, scars himself mentally for life?

Yeah.

Gun owner needs some prison. And a felony conviction. And for their guns to be confiscated by the state (pursuant to the felony conviction). Reckless endangerment charges for every child there, plus gross negligence charges for the 3 toddlers directly involved, plus whatever the prosecutor can think of for the 2 who were shot.

You want to be an irresponsible jackass in your own home, with your own kids? You are a terrible parent, but whatever, you be you.

Want to be an irresponsible jackass while being paid to care for other people's kids? Not okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

He is correct about the bolded part also. The gun is a tool. And in some cases, for target shooting, esp competition. In other cases, it is a tool for self defense. Just because it is one you would not use, does not mean it is not a tool for someone else.
    It's as much of a "tool" as a crossbow. Both are designed to kill something (animal/person), but unless you are a hunter that makes a living off of the kills then it's a hobby. Nothing wrong with it being a hobby, but it's nowhere near necessary to have outside of your occupation (military/police/security/etc).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Darwin, he giveth he taketh
    There's some data that show living in a household with a gun, makes a person 600 times more likely to get shot than households without. If adults assume the risk, that's on them. But it seems unfair to ask children to take the higher risk.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Good thing where I live there is no wild beasts that would pose such a threat to every person living here.
    That is good. And you do not see me on here knocking the Finns for not having the right or desire to carry/concealed handguns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's as much of a "tool" as a crossbow. Both are designed to kill something (animal/person), but unless you are a hunter that makes a living off of the kills then it's a hobby. Nothing wrong with it being a hobby, but it's nowhere near necessary to have outside of your occupation (military/police/security/etc).
    The crossbow is a tool. Correct. And they are designed to fire a projectile at a target at a very high rate of speed. A tool designed for such. And it is a tool of many uses for different people. You choose not to have one for the use of self defense. Which is fine. I want the right to choose one for self defense. Which we have in the US. But back to your argument firearms are not tools, is just flat out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    There's some data that show living in a household with a gun, makes a person 600 times more likely to get shot than households without. If adults assume the risk, that's on them. But it seems unfair to ask children to take the higher risk.
    Ofcourse and I feel for the toddler. But the adults get what they deserve. In every sense of the word.
    Or well, they would have if they got shot.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP your teenage son who comes home late at night after sneaking out. Be sure to double or even tripple tap him. Got to make sure.
    One can dream, amirite.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, this is all screaming parental gun owning negligence. If you are a gun owner, you have a job to keep your firearm and magazine away from each other, as well as ammunition stored in a separate location/safebox. Really hope the owner of this firearm gets fined and dragged to court for this, and forced to cover medical bills and to cover for the event.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If you are a gun owner, you have a job to keep your firearm and magazine away from each other, as well as ammunition stored in a separate location/safebox.
    No you don't.

Who told you this?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    This is outrageous. Why weren't the other toddlers armed so they could have prevented this?!
    lol

Pro guns people in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No you don't.

Who told you this?
    Basic gun safety courses teach this.

Guns are not stored safely if they are stored loaded, or stored with ammunition in the same place.

Guns are not immediately usable if stored safely.

What is more important to you, as a gun owner - being able to draw and fire immediately, or preventing avoidable injuries?

As a single adult, or in a household where all residents are educated about proper gun handling, you may well prioritize easy access, and you would be within your rights to do so.

As the proprietor of a home daycare, this should not even be up for debate, safety is absolutely paramount when dealing with children, especially the children of people who likely don't even know there is a gun in the home.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Basic gun safety courses teach this.

Guns are not stored safely if they are stored loaded, or stored with ammunition in the same place.

Guns are not immediately usable if stored safely.

What is more important to you, as a gun owner - being able to draw and fire immediately, or preventing avoidable injuries?

As a single adult, or in a household where all residents are educated about proper gun handling, you may well prioritize easy access, and you would be within your rights to do so.

As the proprietor of a home daycare, this should not even be up for debate, safety is absolutely paramount when dealing with children, especially the children of people who likely don't even know there is a gun in the home.
    So you do in fact understand the storage needs are not the same from house to house.

Also unloading a gun kept in a safe is like draining the gas from your car and locking up the keys. Its completely redundant.

Gun safety storage has come a long way since whatever 1980's brochure you are reading from.

With that said, you'll get no argument from me about a daycare taking special precautions around firearms.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-02 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you don't.

Who told you this?
    Basic 2015 gun safety training (last I renewed my license) in a country where we don't need to wave guns around.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Basic 2015 gun safety training (last I renewed my license) in a country where we don't need to wave guns around.
    Clearly youre not waving anything around, you have everything disassembled and stored like paper weights all over the place.

So you do in fact understand the storage needs are not the same from house to house.

Also unloading a gun kept in a safe is like draining the gas from your car and locking up the keys. Its completely redundant.

Gun safety storage has come a long way since whatever 1980's brochure you are reading from.

With that said, you'll get no argument from me about a daycare taking special precautions around firearms.
    I'll partially agree. There is zero reason to ever have a gun stored loaded in a safe. Store a full mag with the gun in the safe, but the mag doesn't need to be in the gun, and there should never be a round in the chamber if you aren't prepared for it to immediately fire wherever the barrel happens to be pointed.

Obviously storage and safety requirements differ from person to person, just like recommended style and caliber of gun varies from person to person. I would no more recommend a home daycare owner store a loaded gun that I would recommend my aunt with arthritis get a 12 gauge for any purpose.

Its not about following some arbitrary regulation that may or may not have any validity to you personally. Its about not being a complete fucking moron. If we had a way to keep morons from owning guns, we would have a lot less gun death.