Wells Fargo bank teller stole nearly $200,000 from a customer and spent it...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/w...030109125.html

A Wells Fargo bank teller accused of stealing $185,000 from a homeless customer has agreed to a plea deal, according to court documents cited by The Washington Post.

The former employee, 29-year-old Phelon Davis, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of interstate transfer of stolen property this week after a 2014 encounter with a homeless customer who tried to deposit $185,000 in cash at a Wells Fargo branch in Washington, DC, the court documents said.

The customer, who was not named but was described as a homeless street vendor, had existing accounts at the bank, but he lacked the identification documents he needed to deposit the $185,000 worth of cash he had been carrying in a garbage bag. The Post said. The man was turned away.

The homeless man "had a surprisingly large balance with the bank," The Post reported, citing a document related to the case. Davis was accused of forging the customer's signature to fraudulently open a Wells Fargo account in the customer's name — including an online login, an ATM card, and personal identification number, all of which Davis controlled. He funded the account with $3,000 of the homeless customer's money.

The customer had no access to email or the internet, according to The Post, and thus had no knowledge of the fraudulent activity, the newspaper said.

Court documents showed that, over the course of two years, Davis transferred $177,400 of that customer's money between accounts, and withdrew $185,440, taking $5,000 across state lines, the court documents said. Davis used some of the stolen cash as a down payment on his home, took several vacations, and paid some debts.

Davis has been ordered to pay back the stolen money and could face up to 30 months in prison.

It appears Davis fraudulently opened the accounts during the same period in which Wells Fargo employees were accused of fraudulently opening millions of accounts in customers' names between at least 2011 and 2015. It was unclear whether Davis' activity was related to that scandal, which exploded in 2016 and eventually drove then-CEO John Stumpf out of the company. Wells Fargo in July agreed to shell out $142 million to settle the matter.
    Wow...pretty messed up...

Of course it would be Wells Fargo. A thief working at a thief bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

"Phelon" Davis...

That name, in hind sight, may have been a give away lmao!

How the fuck does a homeless person have almost 200k in cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    "Phelon" Davis...

That name, in hind sight, may have been a give away lmao!
    http://www.theunion.com/news/local-n...h-bob-shaffer/

The April death of legendary Truckee High School football coach Bob Shaffer has resulted this week in the arrest of a Sacramento man on a vehicular manslaughter charge, authorities said.

David Slaughter, 55, was booked Tuesday night in the Nevada County Jail in connection with the April 1 death of Shaffer. Held Wednesday on $125,000 in bond, Slaughter is scheduled for a video arraignment at 11 a.m. today, prosecutors said.

Slaughter's arrest stems from a Highway 89 wreck in Sierra County, south of Cold Creek Campground. The California Highway Patrol said they investigated the crash and issued a report. Sierra County authorities then obtained an arrest warrant for Slaughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    How the fuck does a homeless person have almost 200k in cash?
    A few different ways.

In the end its likely a result of our terrible terrible mental health programs in the US. I've personally known a number of homeless folks who have bank accounts, credit cards and so on. They aren't entirely without resources, they just don't have the mental wherewithal to keep a 'normal' life together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    A few different ways.

In the end its likely a result of our terrible terrible mental health programs in the US. I've personally known a number of homeless folks who have bank accounts, credit cards and so on. They aren't entirely without resources, they just don't have the mental wherewithal to keep a 'normal' life together.
    the ones ive met abused drugs for many years and developed mental problems. but yeah lets throw more money at the problem and get them some counselors, that totally works.

what mental health program in particular do you feel we are lacking?

also the "victim" is not homeless, more like doesnt want to share their address for various reasons. only people that keep that kind of money in a garbage bag is a drug dealer. im sure the feds will want the answer, where did this money come from.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2017-09-30 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Well there are really only 4 big banks in the US and all have had major issues in the last decade or so. That is ignoring the house market crisis too, if you don't then it is even worse.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm trying to understand here.. A homeless street vendor is walking around with $185,000 in cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

It might be a case of "The fish rots from the head down" kind of situation.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I'm trying to understand here.. A homeless street vendor is walking around with $185,000 in cash?
    street vendor is code word for drug dealer

much like i used to be a street pharmacist in my younger days

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    street vendor is code word for drug dealer

much like i used to be a street pharmacist in my younger days
    These are all lies.

Life is about vetting whether or not you can live in a communal state. If you can't, you're left in the America you know.

But if you can, then you get a special Luminati card and can buy anything and go anywhere and do whatever you want, as well as just stop by one of their mansions and chillax.

Now, if you fly around to wherever you please, like hawaii for $500, and you spend a month there at the Luminati rent free property, and visit each state the same way, it would cost you 6,000. And if you dine for $50 every other day, which is easy to do when you get to wake up and go to sleep whenever you want and you eat at the Luminati buffet consisting of all the food "the markets throw away" that costs $9125

$15,125 total to live each day of your life in immeasurable luxury without working, which is easier on the earth than someone who works their ass off for 30,000 just to throw it away driving a polluting vehicle every day as well as dealing with lots of food and drink packaging.

Throw in a hell of a lot of extra conveniences that drop that price down even further, as well as increased and hilarious competition at who can spend the least by leeching the most (Bill Murray probably got through a year spending less than $500 total for example) and nix most of that $6000 travel expense by staying somewhere you actually want to be, and you've got the factual foundation of a successful communist society hidden within a civilization that promotes the culture of capitalism in a way that technically traps only those who are evil enough to believe in it.

The problem, however, is there's too many of these rich shitbags now and they really are destroying our lives, but they don't see it that way because the maths continue to check out.

Thanks a lot fucking luminashits. The fact that they're willing to continue doing this to us proves that capitalism is superior, they're just evil shitheads who wanted any excuse to call themselves otherwise.

We're not going to win when they figure this out because they'll just turn evil to compensate. But that's just how it is.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-10-02 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^YO drop the crack pipe bro seriously.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.