Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You missed the most important Achievement criteria (for Blizzard), mate.
    that is what I am afraid of and that is what I think it total BS.

They pull it this time around I will buy the expac play for a month, then quit until flight is enabled
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    And the irony is, Blizzard thinks there is more time to be spent exploring when you CAN'T fly.
    That's their goal, I don't really understand why though because wow is subscription based, and month is more than enough to explore everything on foot walking backwards with daze.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Would be fine w/that as long as it was available at launch or at the latest 1st content patch.
    Well, my criteria would be that you have to experience the basic of the expansion, and hope it would be so. Sounded on Blizzard that they weren't happy with the 2 part achievement.

How about, no? This is a thread of speculation after all, and it was a clear view that the 2 part achievement wasn't popular.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    that is what I am afraid of and that is what I think it total BS.
    They pull it this time around I will buy the expac play for a month, then quit until flight is enabled
    Agreed 100%.
    I will probably do the same, considering the "sub for a month upon new big patch" is now habitual for me.

Won't do it b/c of flight though. Typically, after 1 month all that is left to do is hamster-wheel grind anyway. Imho there is very little point to paying RL money in order for a videogame to present me with monotonous busywork. Thank you, I already have a job.

Best case scenario:
    Get level cap -> Walk to an NPC at (Insert Base Camp/Hut/What not Here) give the NPC XXXX Gold -> Fly in the sky.

Tired of them holding it back because of "immersion" -_-
    They could do so much fun stuff with flying, instead they are just trying to invalidate it -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    How about, no? This is a thread of speculation after all, and it was a clear view that the 2 part achievement wasn't popular.
    It was also unpopular in WoD, yet Blizzard did it again, so umm...

I don't think this multi-billion dollar company gives a non-flying intercourse about what some whiners say on MMO-C.

yah but remember Legion was well into development, when Blizzard was still under the delusion that they could pull off no flying in WoD or any future content.

Only time will tell and I am hoping for the best....
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

If you made this post in WoD, I would've responded by saying "Hopefully by removing it." However, since then I have realized that they'll never actually remove flying because there's too many people who bitch and cry about it and Blizzard hates saying "no". So, hopefully it's done in a similar way to Legion, no way of flying at the start, flying added during second tier, no flying in end game zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's their goal, I don't really understand why though because wow is subscription based, and month is more than enough to explore everything on foot walking backwards with daze.
    yea if you do only that, i know plenty of peoples that had to cut down on raiding or other thing to keep up with other activity in game because the time at their disposal to play is limited they had to make a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Best case scenario:
    Get level cap -> Walk to an NPC at (Insert Base Camp/Hut/What not Here) give the NPC XXXX Gold -> Fly in the sky.

Tired of them holding it back because of "immersion" -_-
    They could do so much fun stuff with flying, instead they are just trying to invalidate it -.-
    It is very clear that Blizzard regrets ever adding flying, it's just one of those things that it's too late to go back on so they just work around it.

Hopefully they will go back to the old system where you could buy flying at max level after you had seen the zones.

Letting players choose if they want to fly or not is the best solution. I guess you could call it a win-win. The players that enjoy ground mounts can use theirs and the players that love flying, can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If you made this post in WoD, I would've responded by saying "Hopefully by removing it." However, since then I have realized that they'll never actually remove flying because there's too many people who bitch and cry about it and Blizzard hates saying "no". So, hopefully it's done in a similar way to Legion, no way of flying at the start, flying added during second tier, no flying in end game zone.
    I especially hate fascist who want to remove thing from the game that made other happy hiding behind the so called "good for the game" argument, thing should be left to the player to decide if use it or not it's no job of other to decide what is fun and whats not, this kind of dictator attitude grate me the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

making content that you can fly over takes more time than content that you dont.

from that point alone i dont see a reason to keep flying, as it serves no meaningfull purpose a flight taxi or ground mount couldn't solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    making content that you can fly over takes more time than content that you dont.

from that point alone i dont see a reason to keep flying, as it serves no meaningfull purpose a flight taxi or ground mount couldn't solve.
    How is being afk on flights more interesting than using your mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    I am fine with 3-6 personally.
    You're fine with six?!? You have to be joking. At this rate Blizzard will make flight available at level cap next expansion but then do something like all content is underwater/in caverns and a bunch of areas above ground have no-flight storms in effect. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Flying has always been a major issue ever since Blizzard added it just to pad features of TBC content.

Turns out giving players most of the benefits of noclip has a damaging effect on the significance of your world and has created a cast of players who think they're entitled to said noclip.
    Flying has never been an issue except with World PvPers until Bashiok wrote his flawed spiel justifying it's removal and "delay" early on in WoD's development and then the 50 people on the warcraft forums who revered him fucking ran with it, created a bunch of threads celebrating the idea and then spamming threads that discussed pro-flight leading to zero tolerance on threads about pro-flight but nearly nothing for flight removal threads. Then there were the people who didn't care, who said "it iz oly beta" and "it's final" being classified by Blizzard as in support of it. Also Flight is hardly noclip, you still have to partake in content to get it done as well as travel the environment rather than through it with flying. You still can appreciate the world and from more than one viewpoint with flight.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think this multi-billion dollar company gives a non-flying intercourse about what some whiners say on MMO-C.
    Well, the problem is, it wasn't just on MMO-champion but many other websites with complaints. Many seemed fine with the first part which I find fair enough too.

As for the WoD/Legion being the same, I think Legion was already well going in development during WoD that they had already passed that part. After all, they did say in an interview that they always have 1-2 expansions in the works.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Probably the same as in WoD and Legion sadly. It'd be nice to get it for hitting max level again.

the most important step is this:

Patch X.2.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1 (added two weeks after X.2) intodruces the new zone where everything relevant is at and which doesnt allow flying because fuck you - thats why!

i'd prefer it to be buyable day one and then i can live with a TI at the end with no flying

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Very likely so. Impossible to put the genie back in the bottle. Flying robs the game of many vital RPG elements. It literally borders on a god-mode cheat. But it's been a part of the game for so long now that players are unable to view it for what it actually is.
    A cool mode of transportation with plenty of immersion?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Remove flying altogether and make the world more gamey to traverse ala GW2.
    with instant teleports and instant teleporting whistle.