10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    I feel like HT is better than BOC on fort or any affix where you need to kite. Tyannical you can go either way.
    I think ED would be even better in terms of DPS in those situations. It's 7% more damage while kiting as you purify some small old hit/random AoE.

Too lazy to use ED though so can't say for sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

ED needs to be changed to whatever else. It's such a bad designed talent in the first place. You're limited in brew generation, stagger less and you're supposed to purify more for a slightly better damage and dodge. I'm still puzzled of how to use it properly or even how blizzard intended it to be used.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-09-29 at 07:25 PM.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the "extra" keg smash thing ? Monk isn't my main so I'm lost here. Care to elaborate ?
    My monk still has 21%~ haste, is that what you mean ? That if you had 10 or 15% more haste you could've fitted another keg smash or something ? How would that work ? I've never played with more than 21% haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I don't know what you guys are talking about with the "extra" keg smash thing ? Monk isn't my main so I'm lost here. Care to elaborate ?
    My monk still has 21%~ haste, is that what you mean ? That if you had 10 or 15% more haste you could've fitted another keg smash or something ? How would that work ? I've never played with more than 21% haste.
    It's legendary shoulders during bloodlust. Your keg smash CD is ~5s depending on your haste. That means while doing your rotation you would miss keg smash casts. So to use those keg smashes you have to replace some of your "fillers" (BoF/RJW) with them.

Technically if you have 21% with legendary chest+shoulders and you use RJW you would replace BoF once in a while with "extra" keg smash to not cap keg smashes even without bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    It's legendary shoulders during bloodlust. Your keg smash CD is ~5s depending on your haste. That means while doing your rotation you would miss keg smash casts. So to use those keg smashes you have to replace some of your "fillers" (BoF/RJW) with them.

Technically if you have 21% with legendary chest+shoulders and you use RJW you would replace BoF once in a while with "extra" keg smash to not cap keg smashes even without bloodlust.
    This. Also breaking certain points of KS's can change the rotation as well. By certain points I mean actual seconds of it's base 8s because of global cooldown limitation in usage.

Right. The shoulders. I keep forgetting about this legendary. Is it new ? I don't remember seeing it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Right. The shoulders. I keep forgetting about this legendary. Is it new ? I don't remember seeing it before.
    If you consider 7.2 new then yes.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

On 16+, I swapped to HT+Dampen Harm, using Wrists and class ring as legendaries and WHoD + Reliquary as trinkets. Was worth it !

Edit : On a similar topic though. What is your cooldown rotation on MM Maiden when solo soaking the hammer ? My guild is currently progressing on it, yet so far we barely survive the end of the 1st p2. From what I have gathered from our tries :
    - Dampen Harm is enough to survive the blow (unless hp < 75%) ;
    - Reliquary is enough ONLY if full health and she doesn't melee while the trinket is up (and yet...Leaving me at 5%~ => Unreliable without an external) ;
    - Zen Meditation seems enough unless she lands a melee before her cast ;
    - Couldn't really test FB, but I believe an extra external would be needed to survive it.

My co-tank is a prot pally. We're trying to be as autonomous as possible so that externals are available if something goes wrong.
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2017-10-01 at 11:59 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    On 16+, I swapped to HT+Dampen Harm, using Wrists and class ring as legendaries and WHoD + Reliquary as trinkets. Was worth it !

Edit : On a similar topic though. What is your cooldown rotation on MM Maiden when solo soaking the hammer ? My guild is currently progressing on it, yet so far we barely survive the end of the 1st p2. From what I have gathered from our tries :
    - Dampen Harm is enough to survive the blow (unless hp < 75%) ;
    - Reliquary is enough ONLY if full health and she doesn't melee while the trinket is up (and yet...Leaving me at 5%~ => Unreliable without an external) ;
    - Zen Meditation seems enough unless she lands a melee before her cast ;
    - Couldn't really test FB, but I believe an extra external would be needed to survive it.

My co-tank is a prot pally. We're trying to be as autonomous as possible so that externals are available if something goes wrong.
    Should be easy case for you. Not only can Prot paladin take all hammers without a sweat but it helps you with sacrifice and even spellwarding.

If you have legendary trinket it is very useful. If you have it you have these safe set ups.

(1. Legendary trinket+external)
    2. Reliquary+external
    3. Dampen Harm
    4. Fortifying Brew
    5. Zen Meditation
    (6. Spellwarding)

To use zen meditation you just need to cast it as late as possible. If it seems like an issue practice it for a bit on the first hammer if your raid understands what you are trying to do.

The hammer leaving you low health isn't an issue. You just need to use expel harm instantly. Best way to use it is just before and right after. You use saved orbs to be (close) max health right before hammer hits, and when the hammer hits you generate plenty of orbs from the huge spike to get you to safe health.

Remember to purify few seconds before hammer hit so healer/your orbs get you to full easier. Purifying just before doesn't help. Doing this is even more important than to purify after. But doing both is optimal.

Unless your healers are 4 resto shamans you should be just fine.
    Last edited by keqe; 2017-10-02 at 11:13 AM.

Just Fortifying Brew doesn't feel remotely safe. Both parts of the Hammer + 1 tick from the ground patch which you get immediately is almost 9 mil damage with just Fort brew and having Mystic Vitality.

We just starting progressing on this ourselves and I'm going with (using Leggo head)

1. Zen Med
    2. Dampen Harm
    3. Fort Brew + Infernal Contract (don't have a Reliquary)
    4. Zen Med should be back off cooldown
    5. Havn't gotten that far yet but external if Dampen harm is not back yet.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Just Fortifying Brew doesn't feel remotely safe. Both parts of the Hammer + 1 tick from the ground patch which you get immediately is almost 9 mil damage with just Fort brew and having Mystic Vitality.

We just starting progressing on this ourselves and I'm going with (using Leggo head)

1. Zen Med
    2. Dampen Harm
    Having a stamina trinket (like reliquary) helps a lot with Fortifying brew. It also depends on what gear people have.

Fort leaves me around 25% HP which is just plenty.

i wear contract + zen med helm + class ring and this was my planned CD rotation during prog with fort brew floating for a back to back

1) zen med
    2) contract + sac
    3) IB + DH
    4) zen med
    repeat

now that were only getting like 5 hammers, i just do zen med / contract + sac / fort brew + DH / zen med and its dead.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    What is your cooldown rotation on MM Maiden when solo soaking the hammer ?
    I've recently killed her. My set up was zen helm, and talent ring, guldan + host trinket and high tolerance.

My rotation was DH + host trinket for 1st soak, guldan trinket + zen med for 2rd, and in the worst case scenario, that is soaking fel before she jumps, than getting light hammer and fel again afer infusion, which I consider 3 hammers in a row, I went with fortifying brew + sac/life cocoon. By the time you get to soak another hammer, both DH and host trinket will be off CD thus closing the rotation. To be honest I was kinda suprized, the hammer didnt hit as hard as I expected.
    Last edited by antico; 2017-10-04 at 11:57 AM.

Last night, we managed to clear everything up to Maiden and progress a bit on her : people start getting the hang of P1 (and P2 is almost Ok). We will have a full 3-hour progress on her tonight. Using an external along with FB/Reliquary seem to work just fine. The Zen CD is the trickiest part since I don't have the head legendary, but it should be fine without it.

Thank you for your opinions ! See you soon for, hopefully, Fallen Avatar.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

1. Zen Med
    2. Dampen Harm
    Zen Med is not reliably back off cooldown for hammer 4. If you have to take the second hammer the boss casts followed by the first hammer after the second orbs transition it will not be back up. Zen Med alone without Mystic Vitality also isn't safe, it will still hit you for over 8 million damage, that's technically survivable but if you weren't perfectly topped off right beforehand you'll die.
    Last edited by Xequecal; 2017-10-07 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Zen Med is not reliably back off cooldown for hammer 4. If you have to take the second hammer the boss casts followed by the first hammer after the second orbs transition it will not be back up. Zen Med alone without Mystic Vitality also isn't safe, it will still hit you for over 8 million damage, that's technically survivable but if you weren't perfectly topped off right beforehand you'll die.
    2p t19, HT, MV, DH, reliquary + guldan trinket. ZM + trinket is ok, FB + trinket is ok, DH is ok. If you have 2 in a row - holy priest is ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    You may be aware of the new Pantheon trinkets. When all different trinket procs are present in the raid raid gets some good benefits. So we get a must have trinket to use in raids to buff raid.

But that's not the worst. It has the same problem as other "proc from taking damage" trinkets. The uptime is horrible for brewmaster. From PTR it was about 13% for brewmaster while it was around 27% for druid.

There only being 2 tanks also makes it worse as the tank buff is probably the most decisive for it.

The uptime problem was more of a nuisance in ToS but now that it affects whole raid this is kind of unacceptable. Bringing brewmaster in the raid pretty much gimps the whole raid because there will be fewer moments where all buffs are present.

It might not be an issue for progression since you won't get trinkets for the raid regardless but it is still a problem.
    It'll be an issue for serious guilds doing split-runs, they'll run with many trinkets even the first week. It really should be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    It'll be an issue for serious guilds doing split-runs, they'll run with many trinkets even the first week. It really should be addressed.
    from what discord had found a few days ago it looks like this has been fixed. people were getting 50%ish uptime

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    from what discord had found a few days ago it looks like this has been fixed. people were getting 50%ish uptime
    Can confirm this now. played around on the dummies in the class hall and was getting a 40-50ish percent uptime. seems to have been fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Can confirm this now. played around on the dummies in the class hall and was getting a 40-50ish percent uptime. seems to have been fixed.
    That is fucking amazing. So there might even be a chance that I get to unequip my Darkmoon Deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    That is fucking amazing. So there might even be a chance that I get to unequip my Darkmoon Deck.
    Yeah it's nice to only have 1 trinket slot

But thankfully it isn't useless permaslot trinket now.