Poll: pick a class

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Necromancy.

Gnomes and Goblins shouldn't even exist.
    gnomes belong on the bbq

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Necromancer definitely, imo. Much like Priests and Paladins are similar in theme, but play quite differently, the same would happen (ideally) with Necros and DKs.
    exactly!!!!!!
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

I'd choose the Tinker between the two, but my vote goes for THE CRUSADER (all in caps obviously).

explain your idea
    Having played both extensively, WoW paladin and Diablo 3 crusader, the Crusader wins by a large margin. How so? I would trade that bubble for the skill Shield Charge* anytime of the day. And the awesomeness doesn't stop at Shield Charge. Try it out.

Edit: *precisely called Shield Bash in Diablo 3 Crusader skills, because it hurts as well^^
    Last edited by Aleax; 2017-10-01 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    Where is the "remove meme hunters" option?

Deleted
    Both sound really cool but think Tinker has the highest chance of becoming a "success"

I just think that the whole necromancy thing is already covered pretty well by Shadow-priests, warlocks, and deathknights. I mean....how many more dark and edgy classes do we need?

If the only choices were Necro and Tinker, I'd go with tinker. But I'd rather they went some other direction entirely.

While tinker is my first choice (and presents the most unique design and thematic opportunities), I think the new class with the best chance of actually making it into the game at some point is Dark Ranger (for how well it dovetails with story arcs and the 'hero class' paradigm).

Personally I went with Necromancer but that would require Unholy DKs to suffer some big changes. Much like Demonology locks faced w/Legion and demon hunters.

So to avoid that I would go with Witch Doctor:
    Races - Worgen, Dwarf, Human, Space Goat
    Tauren, Troll, Orc, Forsaken

Two specs a DPS and a healing

Only spell to have to be changed from current class is removing Shamans Hex and replacing it w/that cool Earth Grab Thrall did to the big bad from WoD.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Personally I went with Necromancer but that would require Unholy DKs to suffer some big changes. Much like Demonology locks faced w/Legion and demon hunters.

So to avoid that I would go with Witch Doctor:
    Races - Worgen, Dwarf, Human, Space Goat
    Tauren, Troll, Orc, Forsaken

Two specs a DPS and a healing

Only spell to have to be changed from current class is removing Shamans Hex and replacing it w/that cool Earth Grab Thrall did to the big bad from WoD.
    witch doctor are also necromancers in wow..so the class would just be called necromancer or it would be called shaman for non-necromancy but we got shamans
    nothing changes for death knights
    they're not the same class why is this so hard for you people to understand
    saying something changes is like saying paladins don't get their hammer and bubble because priests exist that doesn't make sense
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-10-01 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    witch doctor is a necromancer in wow..so the class would just be called necromancer.....
    nothing changes for death knights
    they're not the same class why is this so hard for you people to understand
    saying something changes is like saying paladins don't get their hammer and bubble because priests exist that doesn't make sense
    Demonology locks, and Demon hunters totally different classes look what they did to the locks though before Legion released. Do you honestly think they wouldn't do the same to unholy DK.

Honesty please tell me how the Necromancer differs so greatly from a Unholy DK that this would not happen. Dress your DK and leather or cloth, give it a dagger or staff change all the melee attacks to ranged spells you have a necromancer.

Also according to Diablo (another Blizzard game)
    Witch doctor is indeed different then necromancer
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

witch doctor are also necromancers in wow..so the class would just be called necromancer
    Wait, if a witch doctor IS a necromancer then why would it have to be called a necromancer instead of a witch doctor?

In any case, neither. I'm in the camp of wanting extra specs added to the classes we've already invested time into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Demonology locks, and Demon hunters totally different classes look what they did to the locks though before Legion released. Do you honestly think they wouldn't do the same to unholy DK.

Honesty please tell me how the Necromancer differs so greatly from a Unholy DK that this would not happen. Dress your DK and leather or cloth, give it a dagger or staff change all the melee attacks to ranged spells you have a necromancer.

Also according to Diablo (another Blizzard game)
    Witch doctor is indeed different then necromancer
    demonology warlocks were designed wrong and lost 1 spell which was 90% non-lore and that 10% was 1 warlock npc using it to begin with and gained 5 lore friendly spells to match the thousands of warlock npc's ingame that would summon demons and have demons fight for them to be closer to a guldan spec
    where's the issue? they made demonology more lore friendly
    death knights aren't designed wrong and that should not stop necromancers from existing AND SHOULDN'T changE either class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Wait, if a witch doctor IS a necromancer then why would it have to be called a necromancer instead of a witch doctor?

In any case, neither. I'm in the camp of wanting extra specs added to the classes we've already invested time into.
    calling it a witch doctor makes it more close to a shaman then you upset the shamans.. and people would be like "just make necromancy a 4th shaman spec" but that wouldn't make sense because necromancy also came from erader warlocks and ogre magi

which is why i keep bloody saying necromancers are their own unique class and there is something wrong with people who can't understand this without trying to compare them to something else

- - - Updated - - -

necromancy came from 3 different origins in wow
    and to simplify things they would be 1 class in wow(with 3 specs that possibly show their origins)

- - - Updated - - -

the same can't be said for tinkers
    they were literally just a non-class that was an engineer and came from 1-2 npc's not a 3 whole factions(trolls, ogre, legion) with 1 famous ally(lich king)like necromancers did
    tinkers has some lore but necromancers has richer lore

- - - Updated - - -

it's like a family tree
    trolls, ogre, edader
    are the grand parents of necromancers
    death knights are like a cousin

you don't consider your grand parents and cousin to be you if you don't have schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder
    necromancers are their own unique thing

meanwhile

tinkers and engineers are basically clones you either can't tell the difference or can barely tell the difference so you end up wondering why there is 2 of them

- - - Updated - - -

also necromancers have 3 origins the trolls the ogre the erader
    death knights are a cousin NOT A CLONE/TWIN
    same magical family not the same class

tinkers are a clone/twin of engineer

shamans and mages use fire and ice but aren't the same class
    mages and deathknights use ice but aren't the same class
    paladins and priests use holy but aren't the same class
    warlocks use fel and demon hunters use fel but aren't the same class
    hunters can track enemies, druids can track enemies but aren't the same class
    and just like above
    necromancers use unholy/dark magic but aren't the same class as death knight

and what do tinkers do?
    tinkers build stuff,
    engineers build stuff,
    tinkers fix stuff,
    engineers fix stuff,
    tinkers make mounts,
    engineers make mounts,
    tinkers make turrets supposably,
    engineers make turrets,
    tinkers make flamethrowers,
    engineers make flame throwers,
    tinkers make and throw bombs,
    engineers make and throw bombs
    see the pattern here the list is bigger than this
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-10-01 at 10:02 AM.

Would rather see sub-races added like red orcs, or greyed dwarfs, tattoos, etc, WOW is bloated with classes. I guess you could say the same for races but sub-races is more customization of our current races than new races. Or maybe allow certain sub-races that are alliance play horde and vis versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    my paladin can raise the dead am i a death knight now? i must be by everyone elses logic
    i must also be a tinker because my engineering can raise the dead
    engineers/tinkers are offically death knights now as well by everyone elses logic
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Would rather see sub-races added like red orcs, or greyed dwarfs, tattoos, etc, WOW is bloated with classes. I guess you could say the same for races but sub-races is more customization of our current races than new races. Or maybe allow certain sub-races that are alliance play horde and vis versa.
    this isn't a race topic sorry "battle of classes"
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-10-01 at 10:17 AM.

It is Blizzard's logic. They said themselves they put in the Necromancer class concept into Death Knights in Blizzcast episode 7 way back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    It is Blizzard's logic. They said themselves they put in the Necromancer class concept into Death Knights in Blizzcast episode 7 way back.
    really?
    well that still doesn't make them a clone like tinker and engineer
    they're a cousin class they're family members
    necromancers can still easily exist as an individual class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If the player could choose which type of tech they use I could see it working. If it's exclusively gnome/goblin themed I see it ending up as the least played class down next to the exclusively panda themed monks even if available to multiple races.
    Well, we have the possibilities. Gnomish, Goblin, Crystal and Alchemy which is covered under Tinkering in discussion.

I could honestly see Goblin being DPS with bombs and fire. Gnomish as well, if not tanking. Crystal healing or tanking and alchemy, DPS or healing.

Sorry for late answer, life happens.

- - - Updated - - -

that's heroes of the storm though

this is world of warcraft
    there is literally a cult of the damned that are comprised entirely of necromancers
    tinkers are just a gnome engineer king title that's how much blizzard cares about "tinkers" and his abilities has never been updated..just like engineering...
    Gazlowe is World of Warcraft, he and his team rebuilt Orgrimmar. Tinkers is found all the way back to WC2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Neither, new classes are a cancer upon balance and should stop being added until balance is achieved for the ones we already have (which should stop getting ground up overhauls so enough iterations on their designs can occour for balance to actually fucking happen, and then be left alone once that balance is achieved)
    Balance went when the scale tipped too much in favor of magic. And in general, class balance is a dice throw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The only reason it doesn't happen is because blizzard keeps forcing their balance efforts to start over from scratch by doing ridiculous, unnecessary total overhauls to classes that don't need them. If they didn't keep starting over from scratch for no reason, balance would eventually be achieved.

Look at just about any spec in WoD, almost none, if not none of them were anywhere close to needing a total overhaul, they just needed futher tweaking to bring them closer and closer to balance, instead they threw away years of hard work on balancing and started over, for no reason, at all.
    Their balance efforts starts over as soon as a new ability is created for another class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Where is the neither/other option? Necromancer is too similar to Warlocks and Tinkers are just....no. That hero was a joke in Warcraft 3.
    Sooooo, according to the forums now a days, almost all heroes are jokes? I found that we got DH to be a joke too, and here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    tinkers are alot worse then dk's and necromancers or pallys and priest as engineers have literally every thing they would have.
    Excuse me? Do I see you able to wage war with more than just your toys? Do I see you taking a tank to the field? Where do you think your engineering research comes from? Pretty sure if you recall from Warlords of Draenor, two buildings offering you items that is created by the Tinkers for you to have fun with - things you can't even build yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Necromancer definitely, imo. Much like Priests and Paladins are similar in theme, but play quite differently, the same would happen (ideally) with Necros and DKs.
    The same would be explained with Engineering and Tinkering then, to the ones who desperately tries to connect them together.

- - - Updated - - -

and what do tinkers do?
    tinkers build stuff,
    engineers build stuff,
    tinkers fix stuff,
    engineers fix stuff,
    tinkers make mounts,
    engineers make mounts,
    tinkers make turrets supposably,
    engineers make turrets,
    tinkers make flamethrowers,
    engineers make flame throwers,
    tinkers make and throw bombs,
    engineers make and throw bombs
    see the pattern here the list is bigger than this
    Death Knights raises dead.
    Necromancers raises dead.
    Necromancers are casters.
    Death Knights can cast spells.

Heck, the death knights are taught by necromancers as well.

And to add in for the engineering vs. Tinkering, Tinkers can use their items continuously in active combat as well as bringing actual use to the field. Currently, Engineering is more or less just a toolbox, hardly used for fights if at all. It has been nerfed out of that bit, Glider even been restricted in some situations.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer is basically just a ranged Unholy DK. Personally tired of seeing the close relevance of classes blurring the line for the sake of adding new classes.

Would like something totally new like a Bard or uh.. Just anything else lol.

Deleted
    I would like Tinker class, but for it to be fully customizable etc. Kinda like custom-made Iron Man tinker.

Like you could get rockets for superior pure AoE and long cd rumble ultimate from league of legends or machine guns for single target / aoe when channeling, some cool jetpack.

Also a melee tanky robo and melee dps robo. Tanky with some energy shields ? Melee with swords built in, chainsaws ? Would be cool.
    So 3 specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, we have the possibilities. Gnomish, Goblin, Crystal and Alchemy which is covered under Tinkering in discussion.

I could honestly see Goblin being DPS with bombs and fire. Gnomish as well, if not tanking. Crystal healing or tanking and alchemy, DPS or healing.

Sorry for late answer, life happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Gazlowe is World of Warcraft, he and his team rebuilt Orgrimmar. Tinkers is found all the way back to WC2.

- - - Updated - - -

Balance went when the scale tipped too much in favor of magic. And in general, class balance is a dice throw.

- - - Updated - - -

Their balance efforts starts over as soon as a new ability is created for another class.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooooo, according to the forums now a days, almost all heroes are jokes? I found that we got DH to be a joke too, and here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me? Do I see you able to wage war with more than just your toys? Do I see you taking a tank to the field? Where do you think your engineering research comes from? Pretty sure if you recall from Warlords of Draenor, two buildings offering you items that is created by the Tinkers for you to have fun with - things you can't even build yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

The same would be explained with Engineering and Tinkering then, to the ones who desperately tries to connect them together.

- - - Updated - - -

Death Knights raises dead.
    Necromancers raises dead.
    Necromancers are casters.
    Death Knights can cast spells.

Heck, the death knights are taught by necromancers as well.

And to add in for the engineering vs. Tinkering, Tinkers can use their items continuously in active combat as well as bringing actual use to the field. Currently, Engineering is more or less just a toolbox, hardly used for fights if at all. It has been nerfed out of that bit, Glider even been restricted in some situations.
    paladins raise dead
    shamans raise dead
    priests raise dead
    engineers raise dead

well shit i guess i am a double death knight on my paladin engineer by your logic

10+ Year Old Account
    paladins raise dead
    shamans raise dead
    priests raise dead
    engineers raise dead

well shit i guess i am a double death knight on my paladin engineer by your logic
    And you don't take things out far out even though you knew the actual point.

Death Knight raises the dead to fight for them
    Necromancer raises the dead to fight for them

There, can't be put more simple for you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..