Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    wrong, very very wrong.
    Then you also believe that "too much" is not harmful?

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it funny how every obese person comes out in these threads pretending they are the exception to the rule? "My doctor actually said I was healthy!" "You know, those BMI things are bullshit!"

Yeah, I'm sure you guys aren't actually fat fucks, you're just 1% over the line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The rock is considered "obese" by the way its defined on the BMI.
    This pretty much. I know rugby players who are built like brick houses but would be classed obese as they have a BMI of over 30.

I assert that the manner in which obesity is decided is not always reasonable.

Also, if something else doesn't kill you first it is usually the case that some cardio or cancer event probably will. As a person's body ages it becomes less able to fight off illness and ultimately succumbs to one type of disease or another. Even if someone dies in their sleep the coroner can probably point to other causes also.

At some point it no longer makes sense to keep fighting. Someone close to me has malfunctioning kidneys and could be aided by dialysis, but she's over 90 years old and the treatments could be quite rough for her.

Eventually we shall all look across that final chess board at our tireless and grim adversary and say: "Well played."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cool. So I expect everyone that complains about obese people will happily be go after the food industry. The root cause is the continued pushing of highly refined "food" (using the term loosely) that spikes blood sugars and creates cravings and, furthermore, provides no micro-nutritional value.

Or are we going to continue with the delusion that people are going to successfully fight their natural impulses regarding hunger. We all know that doesn't work for abstinence either, so let's start getting real.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ig-john-yudkin
    People making shit decisions is not a reason to "go after food industry". People should be educated on this topic, should make their own decisions and carry on with consequences. The best way to "go after the food industry" is to advocate proper diet and not buying processed food (or whatever you think is "root cause"). Or at least do it in regulation. Or at least do fucking exercises to outweigh (kek) extra calories intake
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

said senior Dr. Bruce Lee
    I found that funny for some reason.

Obese people "could eventually cost society" tens of thousands, while loafers already cost society hundreds of thousands.

More nails in the fat but fit coffin myth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    How is that not eating too much? My main meal of the day contains 300-550 calories.
    To be fair, some people eat 1-2 times per day, instead of 3-5. So eating 300-550 calories per meal is not an option. Also it's quite more complicated than just calories

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Eating 3 meals is shit. I'm usually awake from 6 am to 11 pm when I'm not unemployed, 3 meals for that? No, that's not going to work.
    Usually groats are quite cheap. Eating less that 3 meals per day is kinda dangerous and forces your body to store more fat for a case when you'll miss a meal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I only eat once a day, usually.

It's just easier. I only have to worry about food once a day.

Whenever I hear muslims going on about their 'ramadan' I roll my eyes, considering I do that almost every day.
    This kind of attitude causes metabolism problems

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It's really not... If those meals are small (and they will be if you are eating within your calorie needs) and don't leave you feeling satisfied, you may go off diet and eat extra at some point. However:

Skipping breakfast is extremely easy, I for example, found that I actually don't get hungry until around noon, I used to eat breakfast every day when I woke up, I wasn't hungry, I ate it anyways. Calories I didn't need during a time when my body would have otherwise been converting stored fat into fuel to keep me going until lunch.

I could eat a smaller breakfast and a smaller lunch, but then I wouldn't feel satisfied, I might go off diet and binge because I'm not satisfied with the lack of fullness feeling I had from eating a tiny meal... Or I can skip breakfast, when I'm not even hungry to begin with, eat one larger meal at lunch (which will likely be less than the smaller breakfast and lunch combined), get the satisfied full feeling, and not eat again until dinner, which will again satisfy me with the full feeling, and keep my from getting hungry until the next day's lunch because most of my time between dinner and the next lunch is spent sleeping.

Just don't eat breakfast. It's easy to skip.
    Not eating breakfast is a huge mistake, breakfast is the main source of energy for your whole day, it's like 1/3rd of your calories intake that hardly stores up as fat.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    More nails in the fat but fit coffin myth.
    Can we next kill the "fit means healthy" myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainnor View Post
    These numbers are wrong. That, or men who are taller need less calories to maintain weight than a woman, which according to everything I've ever been told is incorrect. As a 180cm tall man with a relatively sedentary lifestyle who struggles with weight, those numbers don't account for my real world experience. I had a particularly bad week with my diet, several unexpected items and weaknesses in willpower, but I document everything I eat, because I'm trying to improve. My calorie intake this week varied from 1895 calories at the low end to 2235 calories at the high end. Today's weigh in was 121.5 kg, last week was 118.4 kg.
    That weight difference is not due to calorie surplus. 3.1kg equals roughly 23250 calories so that would mean that you were eating around 3300 calories above your base metalbolic need which you clearly didn't do. More likely is that you ate more carbohydrates in the past week so that your body is storing more water than it did last week. Also just the amount of food you have in your stomach at any given time can contribute a good deal to the differences you see on your scale. When I started a calorie restricted diet last year I lost 10kg in the first week simply due to less food in my stomach along with lost water weight. Of that only around 2kg was actual body weight lost in terms of fat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Tax incentives.

If you are a healthy body weight, you get a small tax break. If you don't smoke, small tax break. Etc...

Sugary drinks, fast food, candy, etc., like cigarettes, should have excise taxes.
    So you want to tax smokers for smoking and give a tax break to people who do not smoke? Smokers already pay a lot of tax on their product of choice, but that is okay because its unhealthy?

What if i told you there really is no such thing as being healthy.. At what point is being healthy still a good thing? I really can't imagine having great health at an advanced age is a good thing. I see my grandma struggling to remember who everyone is and pretty much giving up on life, is that how you want to end up? Is this healthy?
    It isn't that fat or unhealthy people cost society that much more either, they pay taxes over their shitty behavior and they die off young most of the time. Now compare that to someone who lives to be a 100+ years old and hasn't been able to wipe their ass for the last 20+ years, how much do you think this costs society??

There are some minor things you can do, but, when you even slightly over do these healthy things you end up pretty much killing your self. Things like sports are "healthy", yet there are very little to no old professional athletes. These people die off young because they fucked over their bodies by doing "healthy" sports. And that is not even going into things like torn ligaments, broken bones or other injuries that are sustained through sports.

I do get it, its nice to be in a reasonable state of being, and i can't imagine being that fat and still "feel fine" so to speak. But the point of life is still living it, some take joy in eating, for some its burning plants and others really enjoy running or hiking, who are you to say that they shouldn't be able to do this?
    The state should be far and away when it comes to how people like to live their lives. I can't give a single fuck if people chose to live their lives obese or smoking, doing drugs or like to do sports. Everything has its own costs related to it.

This doesn't sound like a lot of money when you are talking about the cost of health care. Tens of thousands of dollars is not much money compared to the costs in health care. What america really needs and not just for fat people but for most people in america is a better mental health system. Most people who are obese have serious mental issues that are contributing to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Not eating breakfast is a huge mistake, breakfast is the main source of energy for your whole day
    No it's not... You see, because if you have any body fat, and you need energy, your body... uses it for energy.

it's like 1/3rd of your calories intake that hardly stores up as fat
    If you aren't hungry and you eat, you are eating more than you need to. Eat at lunch, get plenty of calories to last until dinner, which gives you plenty of calories to last until lunch the next day... Those calories you ate at dinner don't magically vanish while you are sleeping, especially since metabolism slows down quite a lot while you're asleep, most of them are still there when you wake up, and they will get you to lunchtime no problem.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't hungry and you eat, you are eating more than you need to. Eat at lunch, get plenty of calories to last until dinner, which gives you plenty of calories to last until lunch the next day... Those calories you ate at dinner don't magically vanish while you are sleeping, especially since metabolism slows down quite a lot while you're asleep, most of them are still there when you wake up, and they will get you to lunchtime no problem.
    When you feel hunger it's already kinda late to eat, feeling hunger is a reaction from your brain that you are late to eat. Consistently skipping breakfast is a mistake that ruins metabolism.

Off course stuffing yourself up constantly is not what i'm talking about, i'm talking about diet, you should have 3-5 meals at relatively same time, so your brain will not go nuts over skipped (or late) meal
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-10-02 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you feel hunger it's already kinda late to eat, feeling hunger is a reaction from your brain that you are late to eat. Consistently skipping breakfast is a mistake that ruins metabolism
    No it doesn't. Intermittent fasting actually improves metabolism.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not... You see, because if you have any body fat, and you need energy, your body... uses it for energy.
    Your body most likely will use your muscles to turn them into ADP, because he won't need to transport it... You have to train your body to burn fat properly first, and most obese patients do not train their body at all.

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn't. Intermittent fasting actually improves metabolism.
    It can help you lose weight, but it hardly improves metabolism, it's a fad diet after all.

And yes, it does. Your conscience reacting to brain signals to you via your body is up to you, but in general feeling of hunger says that you should have eaten something 15 minutes ago, it usually happens after you spend 15 minutes salivating over upcoming mean. That doesn't come. And brain want to get your attention to it
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-10-02 at 08:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I wonder how much shutins who collect neetbux and shitpost on the internet end up costing the society over their lives.
    Indeed wich is why I support mandatory courses for Job interviews and portfolio support or doing volunteer work aan few hours a week
    or face a cut on their wellfare money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Indeed wich is why I support mandatory courses for Job interviews and portfolio support or doing volunteer work aan few hours a week
    or face a cut on their wellfare money.
    And when they don't do any of these things, and instead end up borrowing money from all of their friends and loved ones, then end up burning all those bridges because they can't pay them back, then end up taking a bunch of quick loans that they'll never be able to pay back, then end up slowly losing contact with everyone, losing their internet, losing the place they're renting, losing all of their worldly possessions, ending up on the street, finally dying of malnutrition and exposure. That takes care of that! Right? What kind of a civilized society needs to offer safety nets to people, or help for those who aren't willing to help themselves. Let's just go back to the good old days and send them all off on ice floes. Right?

Usually groats are quite cheap. Eating less that 3 meals per day is kinda dangerous and forces your body to store more fat for a case when you'll miss a meal
    I eat 5 or else I'm going to feel hungry like half the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/ne...-for-obesity#1

http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/ne...-for-obesity#1

See. This is what I've been saying all along. As the expert in this article states, Obese people need our help. Sitting on the sidelines with your hands in your pockets isn't going to cut it.

Either you're doing the right thing or you're not.
    there is no such thing as healthy and obsese person - just like one cant be only a bit of prostitute one cant be both healthy and obese at the same time

time to end the stupid PC notions and tell how it is - if somebody is fat like pig he/she is fat and should loose weight