Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I dont wanna join a raid where this 1 player has the same gear and we use our ability the same etc but he is out DPSing me with, let's say, 200k DPS just because he got some RNG Jesus with him. I think that is just stupid.
    To be fair, you won't use your abilities the same as someone with leggos. Especially the bracers/helmet/belt. They all change your rotation.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is such an extremely dead horse that you're beating.

As a Mythic guild we don't really give a fuck if you don't have your BiS legendary. The difference isn't quite as huge in most cases as you're making it seem. There are some outliers yes. Hell in the first tier while it's true that the top guilds had alts of their main class to try to get an edge up on having that BiS legendary, nobody was ever replaced because they didn't get their BiS legendary. There's a Method interview about that as well. Some people opted to play classes they had better legendaries for, but nobody was forced to. You're fine.

Especially now where you can get a legendary a week. Seriously don't stress out about it, play what you want. If your next legendary is your BiS legendary that's awesome, if it's not that's okay too it's really not the end of the world. You can't help what legendaries you get, and any decent guild knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Have you ever wiped on 5% or under? That 50k can be the difference between kill or wipe...
    Quite a few times actually and not once has it been because everyone was alive and doing dps. 99.99 recurring times out of 100 your dead guildies failing to mechanics will kill you more than your bad legendaries
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I would definitely look at classes/specs that have very similar power legendaries so rng isn’t a huge factor as you can get legendaries quickly at least.

As for the system itself, just at this point hope they scrap it for 8.0 because Blizzard almost always maintains their same systems through an xpac so we are stuck with It most likely. Even if they agree completely with you, it won’t get fixed till 8.0.

I thought blizz would have implemented a catch up system for the legendaries at least by now.

Legion is nearly over

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont wanna join a raid where this 1 player has the same gear and we use our ability the same etc but he is out DPSing me with, let's say, 200k DPS just because he got some RNG Jesus with him. I think that is just stupid.
    Yeah, because a player who dedicate a couple of weeks to his toon should be able to have same gear as someone who dedicated months, *rolleyes*

And really, using "he has legos and i don't" and "same gear" in one argument only makes you sound dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Really, the only thing that should concern you or your guild is if you are putting up appropriate numbers for the gear you have. You can't control which shiny baubles you get. You can control what you do with the ones you get. Just play what you like, and do the best you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    but you are still here aren't you?
    i haven't rerolled.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Really, the only thing that should concern you or your guild is if you are putting up appropriate numbers for the gear you have. You can't control which shiny baubles you get. You can control what you do with the ones you get. Just play what you like, and do the best you can do.
    It's not about putting up appropriate numbers for the gear you have for most groups; it's about putting up numbers that are appropriate for the content you're doing, how early in its cycle you're doing it and the group you're doing it with.

So you are complaining that someone who has probably being playing mage the whole expansion is beating some9ne who just rerolled? I have been playing assassin rogue I only have the one legendary that gives more damage above 10%. Sure maybe another rogue with more legendaries will beat me by a few percent, but as long as i know it is not me that is causing the difference in dps and just items I dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Quite a few times actually and not once has it been because everyone was alive and doing dps. 99.99 recurring times out of 100 your dead guildies failing to mechanics will kill you more than your bad legendaries
    People much rather blame the system than them being shit at the game. It's not a new phenomenon.

let's be honest, you're not at a level where the legendaries are actually gonna matter

Yes, the legendary system in Legion is a failure. The only mystery is why Blizzard seems incapable of fixing failing systems in the xpac in which they occur.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, legendaries aren't preventing you from picking a class, you are.

Currently, I find we have too many legendaries but in the end, being it BiS or not, you'll still have to work for them if you wish to actually have a goal with you class. And if you don't really have an active goal higher than normal, then the demand for legendaries aren't really that big.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I see this argument all the time and I feel like it's honestly more to do with the insane numbers we're at than anything. Let's say for example you're doing M Goroth and the other Mage does 1.4m and you do a flat 1.2m, for the 200k difference. If we were to go back to WOTLK that's basically like him doing 6200 dps and you doing 5350. It's still around the same percentage difference, but it looks way worse now because the number is so out there.

Deleted
    So you admit its not a game but a YOU problem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Nah man, you two are not the same, one of you has more luck or dedication than the other one. Also complaining about RNG in WOW in 2017? I think that is just stupid.
    I read this in the most obnoxious Forrest Gump impersonation imaginable, apologies.

non existent imaginary problem

turn of skada/recount and it dissapears

nothing is stoping you from rerolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I have wiped on 1% numerous times in my raiding career. You know what else could have made that difference (and the better way to think)? Playing just a bit better as a raid next time, cuz it wasn't that missing leggo that caused you to wipe at 5%
    No it was not and actually yes it was...Raiding is not solo content...you can`t be sure everybody doing exactly the same way on the next try, with the same procc on everything, boss abilities going as previously..So yes, your missing legendary and your missing 50k caused the wipe....

So where are your 200k for not having bracers?

Worst to best combo isn´t even 100k difference.