Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    15 years in real life doesn't mean we should see/fight him.

This is the closest we're ever getting to sargeras, unfortunately even this is too far.

Sargeras shouldn't be dealt with by players, imprisoning him let alone fighting him is already too much.
    We should be fighting Sargeras as a boss himself. While that's not happening, at least we get to face him in Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I don't see the problem with it, it's content everyone can get access to, it's just harder to do so. Whether you farm up the huge amount of gold to pay for a carry, (Or buy it with real money) or work your way there the hard way, anyone can get there.

It's good to have content not everyone will see, because then content means more. If all content is easy for everyone to see, people lose interest.
    You can't advertise a big bad boss then only allow .0001% of players to get to it in the expansions time. Would be like selling a game about WW2, but you can only fight nazis if you completed the game 15+ times on the hardest difficulty. I could see that for heroic, as any rag-tag group will get it eventually, but not mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    You can't advertise a big bad boss then only allow .0001% of players to get to it in the expansions time. Would be like selling a game about WW2, but you can only fight nazis if you completed the game 15+ times on the hardest difficulty. I could see that for heroic, as any rag-tag group will get it eventually, but not mythic.
    It'd be more like completing it 15+ times and then getting to fight Hitler, which is totally reasonable, as is facing Sargeras only in Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Can't wait to see the "Argus the Unmaker" World First video by Exorsus !

- - - Updated - - -

If Antorus lasts 1 year like HFC did, you will have time to do it in Mythic
    Most likely if the expansion is announced at Blizzcon then it will come sometime around Late Oct-Early Nov.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    wheres the difference if you watch the cinematic on youtube or actually play it?
    if you want more then do more for it.
    mythic by the end of the expansion will be a complete joke again just like HFC was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Most likely if the expansion is announced at Blizzcon then it will come sometime around Late Oct-Early Nov.
    Not an if. It is being announced.

I'm pretty sure Sargeras will feature in the lower difficulties, too, in the background. We know he does something to Azeroth after all, they have to have his model do it. My guess is that Sargeras either overtakes Argus so we fight a mini version of him, or he just decides to start casting instead of standing there. I kinda hope it's the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Can't wait for Method and Exorsus to complain about this one being overtuned and buggy too.
    Your life must be so fulfilling.

We should not.

if you knew ANYTHING about lore you would know that is ridiculous to ever consider.

Butchering of the lore continues i am just glad they wouldn't stoop to that level of making him a boss.

Your lucky he is even apart of a phase.
    Well I know one thing about lore you won't read in a wiki: My rogue and his 19 friends defeat lore figures all the time, and Sargeras is looking to prove no exception.

Deleted
    We should not.

if you knew ANYTHING about lore you would know that is ridiculous to ever consider.
    Here's my reasoning. Illidan should not be alive, yet he was brought back, twice, and he gets to be the jailor. He was brought back for bullshitty reasons as fan service. Having a bullshitty reason for fan service of why Sargeras has lost power (fighting the void for thousands of years) to a level where we can fight him isn't that far fetched.

Getting rid of Sargeras (for the foreseeable future) along with Arthas dying are the biggest milestones in this game for me when it comes to lore. The first time i heard Arthas was going to be a boss i felt that sounded dumb, we were just mere mortals. Now icecrown citadel and how they handled his fight and the cinematic are one of if not the best memory i have of this game, at least when it comes to lore. Back then i only played normal raids, and the notion of them making something even close to that cool a mythic only thing makes me sad for people who don't do mythic now, like i couldn't back then. This is what my original post was about.

It does feel a bit weird if we're killing the snake by slowly chopping the body strangling us rather than getting rid of the head (while Illidan has been telling us the whole time to go for the head). If the game would ask if i wanted to be the jailor of Sargeras at the cost of deleting my char i'd do it in an instant.

Deleted
    We should not.

Butchering of the lore continues i am just glad they wouldn't stoop to that level of making him a boss.

Your lucky he is even apart of a phase.
    Like how Broxigar alone was able to wound Sarg to let everyone wlse focus him down?

We can't spend the latter half of the fight focusing him down? 20 of us with weapons comparable to Brox's axe, to let the Titan remnants to jail Sarg?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    Your life must be so fulfilling.
    It is actually. For example I get to make passing sarcastic remarks like that and watch nerds like you get triggered by it and have a good chuckle as I have my coffee in the morning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    It is actually. For example I get to make passing sarcastic remarks like that and watch nerds like you get triggered by it and have a good chuckle as I have my coffee in the morning.
    OK, THAT was a really smug reply. Made my day

Deleted
    Broxigar using the axe of cenarius to scratch sarg is no fucking where NEAR 25 man raid killing him.
    And that Axe is different from our Artifacts how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    How dare all these plebs challenge the lore and your knowledge thereof.
    You sir are a God amongst men, they should be grateful that you even turn your gaze to their puny posts.
    Please start a cult so I can be the first to join and enforce Your word.
    May it be so.
    @Bjoramier of Lordaeron is actually right on the money with his lore knowledge. You should be thankful that he was able to set you straight. That axe actually drew blood from Sargeras. You know, the dark titan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And that Axe is different from our Artifacts how?
    Infused with power directly from Cenarius.

Could be more powerful could be less who knows.

Fact is though it's the only known weapon and Brox is the only known mortal to directly inflict a wound on Sargeras.

So @Bjoramier of Lordaeron is pretty much right. Can't really add anything to what he said other than my own lore knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Like how Broxigar alone was able to wound Sarg to let everyone wlse focus him down?

We can't spend the latter half of the fight focusing him down? 20 of us with weapons comparable to Brox's axe, to let the Titan remnants to jail Sarg?
    Nobody focused him down. They were trying to close a portal.

Brox jumped through it to give them more time.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Broxigar

Broxigar lore if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Just reported here.

I'm thinking it's something to do with Sargaras.
    Your post is misleading. There is no Mythic Only Phase...yet. All we have and is mentioned in the post you linked is "details that point to possibly Mythic only phase". For all we know it could be standard or something completely unrelated.

I think people are jumping the gun about fighting Sargeras directly. As of the time of this writing, he has no in-game model and might just appear in the cinematic

But yeah, if he's mythic only I do think thats a shame, sort of like the Cho'gall thing in Highmaul

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    i hope theres things to soak
    Yeah, me too.

Tomb of Soakgeras didn't sate my unquenchable thirst for standing in green circles.

I personally think it'll be similar to Gul'dan where Sargeras interacts during the back end of the fight while being imprisoned when it ends you get the cinematic, mythic only phase will be spending some time actually fighting to subdue / weaken him slightly to imprison him, similar to the demon within phase which isn't some crazy amazing lore points that LFR Hunter Bówjóbxo can't see.