Deleted

Are there any ranged classes at the moment that don't feel super slow to play?

In previous expansions I feel like there were loads of ranged specs that were spammy and fun, but right now everything feels so slow. Been playing MM hunter this expansion and god is the rotation slow. I remember playing surv in highmaul and having a great time with a super proc heavy pew-pew spec, but I don't feel like that exists anymore. Does it? Am I missing any?

Basically, I enjoy how melee classes play more (spam happy and fun) but I just hate raiding as a melee more than life itself so I'm stuck with dull ranged classes.

Last i checked BM was fast (but braindead)

7+ Year Old Account
    I see this as proc based ranged classes. To me, not "super slow to play" means something to press more often than not... AND those somethings being either instant cast or short cast time.

I don't play one but a Fire Mage makes me think about this. You rely on procs and can even cast while moving using Scorch. Not sure how it has become now, but it doesn't feel slow and is super mobile.

I mean Affliction Warlock and it doesn't feel slow. You only have one major cast to keep up and that's Drain Soul.

EDIT: Mobility on the Warlock though... now that's super slow, outside of Burning Rush of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Last i checked BM was fast (but braindead)
    Yeah I tried playing BM and I was so bored I wanted to kill myself. Also I hate anything with a pet, pets suck.

And I did actually level an afflic warlock, but the problem to me is that you legitimately spend like 70% of the time just stood there drain souling, very dull and static.

spriest with t20 4p and 10k+ haste is crazy

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest is pretty crazy and you will not have a relaxing moment during most fights
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Agreed, MM is really boring imo and is my least favorite spec to play atm. Shadow Priest is my favorite, it's pretty reactionary so I find myself spacing out less often when playing it.

I also really enjoy ele shaman, a lot of procs a lot of the time so there's not much filler which I like.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I see this as proc based ranged classes. To me, not "super slow to play" means something to press more often than not... AND those somethings being either instant cast or short cast time.

I don't play one but a Fire Mage makes me think about this. You rely on procs and can even cast while moving using Scorch. Not sure how it has become now, but it doesn't feel slow and is super mobile.

I mean Affliction Warlock and it doesn't feel slow. You only have one major cast to keep up and that's Drain Soul.

EDIT: Mobility on the Warlock though... now that's super slow, outside of Burning Rush of course.
    I know it's an opinion but how can aff not feel like molasses to you? I mained it for all of nighthold and man I felt like I wasn't even playing half the time. I like low gcd classes but that just felt so much slower to me.

OP: Frost mage is pretty fast paced/proc based, as long as GS never becomes the best talent.

5+ Year Old Account
    hmm, if you love to go pew pew for 110% of the time then go shadowpriest

i dont play much other ranged, so i'll tell you to avoid boomy (boring for single target unless u have cds. OK for m+ multi target, bcuz starfall + spamming moonfire/sunfire feels pretty pewpewpew.)

Affliction warlock is pretty fast and busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad other people are mentioning shadow priest, I just started one, but it's the most fun I've had playing ranged so far. I'm also a melee player.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Destruction/Balance/Elemental don't feel slow.

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    hmm, if you love to go pew pew for 110% of the time then go shadowpriest

i dont play much other ranged, so i'll tell you to avoid boomy (boring for single target unless u have cds. OK for m+ multi target, bcuz starfall + spamming moonfire/sunfire feels pretty pewpewpew.)
    How do you engage group of WQ mobs on Argus with Spriest? Do they have enough AoE dmg to kill them like other classes?? Planning to play alt spriest but this turns me off :P
    Last edited by bbj; 2017-10-04 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    How do you engage group of WQ mobs on Argus with Spriest? Do they have enough AoE dmg to kill them like other classes?? Planning to play alt spriest but this turns me off :P
    I go holy on mine *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Affi has like the lowest apm of all specs lol

Really how do you engage group of WQ mobs on Argus with Spriest? Do they have enough AoE dmg to kill them like other classes?? Planning to play alt spriest but this AOE/mass mob dps turns me off

Deleted
    You mean the slowest ranged spec in the whole game?

Really how do you engage group of WQ mobs on Argus with Spriest? Do they have enough AoE dmg to kill them like other classes?? Planning to play alt spriest but this AOE/mass mob dps turns me off
    Just DoT (Misery talent) every mob you need and Voidform them dead. Your selfhealing off VT keeps you alive.

I... what?

That depends on your view of what slow is,slow be it cast times or gcd. If you mean no cast times then BM I think is the only one. I, on the other hand, have mained a WW monk for the last 5 years. So I basically can't play any spec that has a gcd longer than 1 second, they all feel slow to me.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

From the ones I play: Shadow priest and high haste/crit Fire mage can all get pretty hectic. If casters weren't a bit sluggish at low haste, they would become near instacast as the expasion progresses.

- - - Updated - - -

Used to be fear came in pretty handy to buy you more time