Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    @sarahtasher are these Germans the 'usual suspects' you are always referring to?

Sport fans are retards. More news at eleven. I hope they charge the DFB directly for that shit without getting it back from the state through some backdoor, because I don't want a single cent of my tax payer money to go to a corrupt heap of shite like the FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why is it only certain countries?
    Hmm, I seem to remember riots after the Canucks lost.

But acknowledging that would blow a hole in your rhetoric. Sad as always, Tennis.

At my university some of my drunk friends chanted out during a soccer game "*Opponent player name* is gay" followed by rhythmic claps. Would they be called homophobic? Banter said at games is just that.. banter. Don't get your panties in a wad.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sport fans are retards. More news at eleven. I hope they charge the DFB directly for that shit without getting it back from the state through some backdoor, because I don't want a single cent of my tax payer money to go to a corrupt heap of shite like the FIFA.
    if DFB pays less taxes you are by some extend paying the fine too.

15+ Year Old Account
    They did actually chant Nazi slogans so this isn't just another case of loose labelling of innocent people. There are some soccer fan clubs in my state and Saxony which have a fairly genuine neonazi background too. Normally everyone tries to avoid them because they also stir up local soccer matches with the same crap even with tons of riot police around. This is the first time they got international attention. Ultimately it's hurting the sport because they usually even just appear to antagonize their own team if it has some "non-Aryan" people in it. However I am quite irritated about why the FIFA would fine Germany for it because they are quite the affected party as well and can't realistically do anything about it.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Seems like Germany is still the home of true Nazi's. What are we going to do about this Tennis?
    They just put a bunch in the Reichstag about a week and a half ago.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Sports fans behaving badly? Stop the presses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    They did actually chant Nazi slogans so this isn't just another case of loose labelling of innocent people. There are some soccer fan clubs in my state and Saxony which have a fairly genuine neonazi background too. Normally everyone tries to avoid them because they also stir up local soccer matches with the same crap even with tons of riot police around. This is the first time they got international attention. Ultimately it's hurting the sport because they usually even just appear to antagonize their own team if it has some "non-Aryan" people in it. However I am quite irritated about why the FIFA would fine Germany for it because they are quite the affected party as well and can't realistically do anything about it.
    They're fining the DFB not the country. The DFB is responsible for the actions of their fans so they pay the fine. This is how it's always worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUS3paRE9Xg

this a youtube blog of an american football player working in germany, visiting his first soccer game. Only that op gets an idea what he is posting about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    They're fining the DFB not the country. The DFB is responsible for the actions of their fans so they pay the fine. This is how it's always worked.
    I know it works that way but realistically they couldn't have prevented it and the problem I still see it that these people are not exactly fans of the official DFB team either. They hate everyone on the field.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

2 WORLD WARS, 1 WORLD CUP!!!

Trust me anything they wouldve chanted was nothing compared to what was chanted at football stadiums during the 1980s!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I mean when the FIFA world cup is being hosted by Qatar who are using slaves to build the stadiums a slap on the wrist for some chants seems a bit harsh.

FIFA 'we are ok with slaves just no naughty chanting ok'
    Yeah, there is no philosophical consistency.

How does fining a soccer federation have any effect on fan behaviour? It's not like they can have any control over unaffiliated individuals.

What were these "slogans"? Anyone know?

the traditional chants of "Sieg!" (victory) from the German supporters were accompanied by an echoed "heil!" from around 200 neo-Nazis.

is all I could find. Seems pretty tame. Isn't "heil" in English "hale"? Hale means strong, robust, healthy, fit, etc.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-10-04 at 09:34 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What were these "slogans"? Anyone know?

the traditional chants of "Sieg!" (victory) from the German supporters were accompanied by an echoed "heil!" from around 200 neo-Nazis.

is all I could find. Seems pretty tame. Isn't "heil" in English "hale"? Hale means strong, robust, healthy, fit, etc.
    "Sieg Heil" was used synonymously with "Heil Hitler" in Nazi Germany so it's definitely not "pretty tame".

Quote Originally Posted by Viconia View Post
    How does fining a soccer federation have any effect on fan behaviour? It's not like they can have any control over unaffiliated individuals.
    It doesnt!

I have been going to football matches since the 1980s with my dad and my team Birmingham City has seen its fair share of football violence over the years so i can safely say ive seen and heard it all before.

Even the draconian measures taken to combat football violence hasn't made it go away completely and as for chanting! Just ask Man U fans about trying to stop singing about one of there players dicks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think not allowing fans into the game has a deeper impact than any fine. A fan that can't enter the stadium is already hit hard. But because there is so much money in the background from tv licenses commercials etc they go to the simple way of just putting a "fine".
    Not really

Cause most Football violence happens outside the stadium not within in my experience most of the violence happened in the city centre away from the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Sure they can, they can ban the offenders from attending games in the future.
    So a German soccer federation has control over foreign soccer stadiums? I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    They did actually chant Nazi slogans so this isn't just another case of loose labelling of innocent people.
    Just out of curiosity, what did they chant?