Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    "When the titans finally awoke, they did so as living worlds. Cosmic winds howled across their gigantic forms, bodies shrouded in a cloak of stardust, skin crisscrossed with silvery mountain peaks and oceans shimmering with latent magic."
    - Chronicle Vol. 1, page 19

From what we've been told so far, they literally embody the planet and take on a humanoid configuration. Presumably over time their forms become eroded and chiseled into the distinct individuals we see in the Pantheon, like living statues. But it's hard to say, given how allegorical some of the writing seems to be, coupled with the fact that Blizzard will just opt for whatever they think seems cool when the time comes to actually show us the birth of a Titan.

Not according to the new audio drama. They're born from the largest shards of light that were thrown into the universe during the dawn of creation; their worlds form around them like a coccoon. Not terribly different from how the first elementals and demons were born.
    when you say "shards of light" you are referring to The Light? as in holy light?? because arcane energies can also produce or take the form of light

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    when you say "shards of light" you are referring to The Light? as in holy light?? because arcane energies can also produce or take the form of light
    Shards of Light here would be actual Light energy as per "Chronicle Vol. 1," not just illumination. This is the same energy Paladins and Priests call the Holy Light, and the diametric opposite of the Void.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Worlds seem to form absent world-souls - so the world is a requirement for the world-soul's development, not vice-versa. I did forget Light in my original equation, but I treated it as a given as all life in the Warcraft universe is a product of Light and Shadow. World-souls don't have progenitors of any kind, however; so their genesis is spontaneous within a given world so long as the conditions are met (the right balance of essences and so forth). They are born of energetic reactions as opposed to biological processes, and seem to fundamentally be energy beings on some level though they're able to take on physical forms easily enough.
    where do you get this nonsense about "the right balance of essences", "energetic reactions" and whatnot

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    1.)It is possible. The only known planets that contained world-souls are those of the Pantheon (including Sargeras), the planet Sargeras cleaved in two halves when he found out it was 100% corrupted by the Void, Azeroth and now Argus. To my knowledge, Sargeras is the only one within the Burning Legion that is aware of the existence of world-souls.
    I actually think Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde were aware of the purpose of their Crusade. I'd be a fair bit of dissonance for them to not realise a Titan was in Argus.

Also the Nathrezim are well aware of the Void.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-10-02 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    where do you get this nonsense about "the right balance of essences", "energetic reactions" and whatnot
    "World-soul is the name given to the spirit of a titan. The first and most vulnerable stage of a titan's life, world-souls are powerful, nascent titan souls who originate as masses of energy spun out into the cosmos at the moment of its creation, eventually finding comfort in the warmth of a sun. In time, a planet coalesces around the newly-formed world-soul, protecting it as it grows. These nascent titan souls exist within the fiery cores of a small number of worlds scattered throughout the Great Dark Beyond; there they slumber for ages, suffusing the planets they inhabit with Spirit energy as generations of life live and die upon them, before eventually awakening as living worlds."

They are an energy wavelength existing within a world, born at the dawn of the cosmos and maturing and nurtured by the flows of energy within and upon their world's surface. They come to true sentience during their long maturation cycle within their given world, a process that can be disrupted or halted by any number of external circumstances.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Worlds seem to form absent world-souls - so the world is a requirement for the world-soul's development, not vice-versa.
    Or totally the other way around. From Argus we know he just found a cozy sun to lay down next to and form a planet around himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They predate the world though, the world forms around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Or totally the other way around. From Argus we know he just found a cozy sun to lay down next to and form a planet around himself.
    I guess the world-soul functions as a kind of planetesimal, then; the nucleus around which matter accretes to form a planet. In the case of worlds without Titan world-souls this is a typical core of dense matter or a celestial object, whereas in the case of world-souls they pull matter to themselves to form their worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I actually think Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde were aware of the purpose of their Crusade. I'd be a fair bit of dissonance for them to not realise a Titan was in Argus.

Also the Nathrezim are well aware of the Void.
    Actually, many demons on Argus scream something about the void and how their crusade is the only way when you kill them, so it's a fact that at least the demons on Argus (but most likely all of the BL) know about Sargeras crusade.
    Also, it's CONFIRMED that Sargeras still has his body...

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess the world-soul functions as a kind of planetesimal, then; the nucleus around which matter accretes to form a planet. In the case of worlds without Titan world-souls this is a typical core of dense matter or a celestial object, whereas in the case of world-souls they pull matter to themselves to form their worlds.
    That's what I've come to understand as well after reading some more Chronicles excerpts (I can't afford to purchase it atm) and I personally kinda hate it.

I much prefer my original perception, which is that the collective souls, energies, and experiences of countless generations of various life on the surface of the planet would over time give rise to a greater consciousness and an astral being.

But instead it's the reverse, and little Titan embryos were spit out into the world and planets formed for them to gestate, and their spirit fed the life force of it's inhabitants. We depend on it rather than it being the product of everything that we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Also, it's CONFIRMED that Sargeras still has his body...
    Source?

10+ Year Old Account
    Source?

Chronicle makes it clear he's just pushed back into the Twisting Nether and not destroying his body in the process.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Chronicle makes it clear he's just pushed back into the Twisting Nether and not destroying his body in the process.
    So argus is actually a complete different Titan and not sargeras in a new body?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    So argus is actually a complete different Titan and not sargeras in a new body?
    Yes he is, and was used as the battery to improve demonic resurrection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yes he is, and was used as the battery to improve demonic resurrection.
    ......so just to be clear

Argus tries killing us for....being there
    Tries to kill Azeroth for again just being there

Or is this due to a dreadlord corruption like when sargeras first found the demons?

10+ Year Old Account

Or is this due to a dreadlord corruption like when sargeras first found the demons?
    He's been tormented by Sargeras for a very long time and is being used to help the Legion become infinite. He's just a victim in this cosmic war.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

From our perspective it was 25.000 years since the legion took over Argus and began torturing him, but from his perspective he was tortured and abused for ca 712.500 years and now he finally broke, becoming another servant of Sargeras.

Oh man, I really miss back in the days, when I was a simple adventurer and the freakiest enemies other people, with different views, like the Scarlet Crusade.

All this planetary-scaled stuff is just rubbish

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Oh man, I really miss back in the days, when I was a simple adventurer and the freakiest enemies other people, with different views, like the Scarlet Crusade.

All this planetary-scaled stuff is just rubbish
    Even the Scarlet Crusade wasn't just "different views" they were/are being commanded by a dreadlord. Ignorance of the Lore doesn't make it go away

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    Even the Scarlet Crusade wasn't just "different views" they were/are being commanded by a dreadlord. Ignorance of the Lore doesn't make it go away
    Not at the start they werent. The Dreadlord took over later. For a very long time, the Scarlet. Rusade was just a group of fanatical dudes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    So the total number of World Souls was determined at the beginning of the universe when they were all formed and flung into the cosmos? They can't come into being, and however many there were is the most there will ever be?
    If you listen to the new audio drama they did, it explains Argus life. At first it was energy, it wandered around and found warmth near a star. Then a planet formed around it and life flourished on it. Then it was betrayed and it hurts so much.

This implies the titan souls were created extremely early on in the universe. it also directly states that there are many planets with life without a titan soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puvZ...tu.be&t=31m34s is the part i think
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-10-05 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Titans are physical planets. When they awaken, that's it for the inhabitants.
    that contradicts badly with titans goal to bring/help life, even if it makes the most sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    it is confirmed (they can change it of course) that no they didn't know, only velen did know the real goal of the legion, but also velen knew that even if they 'did know' they won't care
    source is rise of the horde
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power