Poll: Will you?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    I will never understand why people don't like random generated numbers in an RPG.

wasn't it all about rolling dices from the very beginning?
    There's RNG that gives you at least something, and there's RNG that gives you nothing time after time. Yes, there are examples when you couldn't get precious bis trinket. But at least you had limited tries to get it: "no bis drop - maybe next week - no bis drop - maybe next week - oh, cool, other boss dropped nice trinket - no bis drop .... oh, twenty weeks have passed, now's new tier and new bis trinket". Now with legendaries you have "no drops" thousand of times (and could have WRONG drops at the start of Legion, meaning your character was fucked as no new leggos would drop).

Quote Originally Posted by madmonarch View Post
    There's RNG that gives you at least something, and there's RNG that gives you nothing time after time. Yes, there are examples when you couldn't get precious bis trinket. But at least you had limited tries to get it: "no bis drop - maybe next week - no bis drop - maybe next week - oh, cool, other boss dropped nice trinket - no bis drop .... oh, twenty weeks have passed, now's new tier and new bis trinket". Now with legendaries you have "no drops" thousand of times (and could have WRONG drops at the start of Legion, meaning your character was fucked as no new leggos would drop).
    Then again, does it really matter that much? Are you wiping or having less fun because your BiS Legendary haven't drop? is it so important that you have it or you are just caring too much about Maximizing the 1% of your DPS?

I Play a DH myself, mostly as tank, i can play around legendaries as both Havoc or Vengeance and i can do just fine, even if i get like 50~~60k less dps with some or other setup, everything is still doable.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    I honestly enjoy the gearing system in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    I honestly enjoy the gearing system in Legion.
    Everybody does. At least everybody who matters.

Deleted
    What RNG? I think the game became less RNGie, and more reliable concerning rewards, you do X, you get Y out of it

Better question would be "if the rng made you leave, would you stay on forums and bitch about it 24/7?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    What RNG? I think the game became less RNGie, and more reliable concerning rewards, you do X, you get Y out of it
    shhh, don't let them know

Personally I think rng and legendary system is great. Keeps me interested wanting to play more.

Deleted
    RNG was always a huge part of WoW and a huge part on any mmo-rpg.
    I don't dislike Legion RNG either. It keeps me playing. Without RNG this game would get dull imo.

I'm not one of those players that thinks I should get everything when I want it without the need to replay content.

So yes, I'll be playing the next expansion as I've always done.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to turn a complaint into a poll! I dont care as much as you about RNG so yeah! I'm enjoying the game... because it's a game, right?
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

AP is still the game and the current legendary systems next xpac? I will continue to be happily un-subbed and mentioning it often as possible. Terrible ideas that wrecked Wow and Legion.My opinion , If you feel differently, good for you....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Again, nothing personal, I agree with some of what you're saying but Daily grinds of that kind should never happen again. They are a terrible idea.
    Honestly I'd be happy enough with a mix system. Keep the current RNG system but -also- have a system that allows you to work towards a specific legendary and know that you can get your specific legendary in a reasonable time frame.

It's not like the current system isn't grindy as fuck anyway. Just that instead of hiding my legendary behind a few weeks of daily quests, it's hidden behind up to many months of farming m+ every day. On my feral druid it took me just over 2 months of daily farming to get the ring that I needed. I'd have been happy if, instead of the several hours I spent each day repeating m+, LFR, normal and HC raids, I just log in and do dailies for 30 minutes.

Hell, they have the emissary system now. You could easily expand it to the daily quest system where you're allowed to stack up up to 3 sets of daily quests for a given faction. To avoid the daily quest burnout of MOP where people felt overwhelmed with having 100+ daily quests to do every day, give players the ability to choose 1-3 factions to focus on and then lock them out of the other factions. Allow players to swap faction focus once every day similar to how you can swap champions in your order hall right now. Reduce the grind but also allow players to work towards their legendaries at a steady pace instead of having it be 100% random.

Either that or have legendaries be bought with a valor point-esque system that you accumulate any time you do content.

All I really want is for legendaries to either be removed or give players some agency in which legendaries they want to focus on obtaining. If I need a specific trinket I can go and do the raid/dungeon where that trinket drops. If a certain legendary is really crucially important to my class, I have to do random content that might not have anything good for me and hope that I get the legendary in a few weeks rather than in 3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    an expansion without rng?
    how is it even still an mmorpg at that point? they might as well turn wow into an fps
    u know what he means brah
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Blizz definitely went overboard with RNG this expansion.It wouldn't be bad if we had reforging or another way to counter less than desirable drops.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heck, I'll even play it if it's Murlocia, AU Pandaria where the Murlocs have enslaved the Mogu and the Pandaren made a pact with the trolls to go live on their islands. I'm not paying for WoW with real money so I don't care what they do, my sub is pretty much clear for the whole next expansion by now.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    unrelated, flying is biggest factor for me now if i'll stay subbed or not
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The legendary randomness and mythic loot lottery need to end. Mythic already has a lock out, I'm fine with it in dungeons though it just gives you a reason to run them more. It would be awesome if dungeon gear got special proc that worked in battlegrounds and world pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I'm not one of those players that thinks I should get everything when I want it without the need to replay content.

So yes, I'll be playing the next expansion as I've always done.
    I'm fine with replaying content but when content already has a form of gating like lockouts and no dungeon finder to cheat your way around them, It starts to get ridiculous. They need to bring valor point vendors and rewards to fill in the gap for people who have astounding bad luck. Heroic and normal dungeons are fine with the new random loot systems though but that's my opinion anyway. It's just gives me a reason to spam them and I hope blizzard gives them special ability that can be used in world pvp and battlegrounds.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-10-05 at 01:52 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Im pleased with the current system and its fulfilling for me

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't ever see myself staying subbed, but i'd definitely play for 2 months or so after an expansion releases as well as a month or maybe 2 when each raid tier is released.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    Then again, does it really matter that much? Are you wiping or having less fun because your BiS Legendary haven't drop? is it so important that you have it or you are just caring too much about Maximizing the 1% of your DPS?
    It certainly matters much for minmaxers and anyone who realize their utility for the raid team. +1% dps can easily be that threshold to kill the boss. That's why competitive or completist players tries to sqeeze out every possible bis even if they play in more casual raid team. That's their fun.
    Yes, I perfectly realize that present TF and legendaries system with no caps on dungeon runs and dailies is great for laid back playstyle: "don't worry, be happy, you always get some reward for playing", but it's dreadfully devastating for those who compete.
    I don't want that constant rewards to go, I see how that returned fun and desire to play for majority of playerbase.
    But I really hope Blizzard will make some tweaks that would prevent the burnout. You know, like rested exp was introduced to prevent burnout (or even real death) from constant frenetic leveling - players who tried to push to the limits saw that while they can grind exp 24/7 they wouldn't miss out a lot if they log out. It wasn't a cap, it was an incentive to rest. Something like that can be implemented for AP/TF/legendaries and so on (yeah we have AK, but it's growth of 30% is too vague to say "oh fuck it, i'd rather farm those needed artifact levels two weeks later when i would need five times less WQs").

I want to not miss out if I don't log on today every day. I want to not miss out if I don't farm hundreds of m+. I want to be able to work toward desired gear by more skill-demanding activities rather than time-consuming, from the start of expansion, not near the end. It's not normal that someone can reach high ilvl just by playing for 10 hrs/day every day, it's dropping the significance of skill and raising the significance of time and luck. Imo that's why mythic raiding had been damaged another time (first impact was due to removal of 10ppl and roster issues du to jump from 10 minimum people for flex modes to 20 minimum for mythic) - there's plenty of skill but now the time and luck requirements came into play too.