Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Players resurrected by Azeroth?

Don't know if it's been previously mentioned, but can the lore reason for resurrection of players be because of a connection to Azeroth that maybe all born on Azeroth have?
    Could the resurrection spirit be a depiction of Azeroth?
    And counter argument for death on Draenor/Outland/Argus is that one's soul's connection to Azeroth transcends time and distance.

Sorry for not mentioning it, but I was just speculating. Someone mentioned on the Planets, Titans, World souls thread about denizens connection to their planets world soul could be more than we know, and it got me thinking. And it's a similar thing with Argus and demons dying there I think?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemui View Post
    Don't know if it's been previously mentioned, but can the lore reason for resurrection of players be because of a connection to Azeroth that maybe all born on Azeroth have?
    Could the resurrection spirit be a depiction of Azeroth?
    And counter argument for death on Draenor/Outland/Argus is that one's soul's connection to Azeroth transcends time and distance.
    No, they are val'kyr who chose to stay behind in the Shadow Lands, to help people. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Spirit_Healer

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Could have sworn i read some where that we use the same method demons use but for Azeroth. Sargeras or someone evil can’t remember where person states we only keep coming back alive cause were draining the lifeblood from Azeroth.

Why people do have to justify every gameplay thing by lore? Azeroth is not ressrecting anyone, ressurection is PURELY GAMEPLAY, it has no other justification than to allow players to continue even after they character dies, that's all, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Why people do have to justify every gameplay thing by lore? Azeroth is not ressrecting anyone, ressurection is PURELY GAMEPLAY, it has no other justification than to allow players to continue even after they character dies, that's all, nothing more, nothing less.
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Could have sworn i read some where that we use the same method demons use but for Azeroth. Sargeras or someone evil can’t remember where person states we only keep coming back alive cause were draining the lifeblood from Azeroth.
    If that's the case then we're doing it unknowingly i guess? Whereas with the demons and Argus it all seems very much purposely.

Well they came up for a Lore Reason in the Chronicle.

7+ Year Old Account
    We are essentially Azeroth's antibodies so if they ever decide to justify resurrection in lore (Which I hope they never do) i'd say that the whole World-Soul helping us return is a possibility
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    The player character interacting with spirit healers, besides a quest in Azshara (maybe another one that I forgot), is just for gameplay reasons. There are some valk'yr scattered around the world, but they are rare and it would probably have a complete different depiction of how they take people out of the shadowlands in lore than how it is shown ingame.

The player character is completely mortal and there has never been an indication we are not, besides demon hunters who would still die on argus.

If we as players somehow have been able to come back tons of times without outside help, why would it just be us having that ability and not characters like Uther, Varian, Cairn? And more importantly how would Orcs and Draenei's have that link? If they end up writing us as having these abilities it would be very inconsistent and pretty lame (Seriously, no more "chosen one" stories, even if it's the player.)

Cuz Blizzard decided for some reason that they would imprint it into the lore in Chronicles for some weird ass reason. So our characters death's and resurrections are actually canon now for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    So in short LFR really is killing Azeroth!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No, they are val'kyr who chose to stay behind in the Shadow Lands, to help people. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Spirit_Healer
    Reposting this cause people seemingly ignored it.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So in short LFR really is killing Azeroth!
    LMAO, great comment!

What about alien races like Draenei and Orcs, who were not born on Azeroth?

Those who die on Azeroth are brought back by Val'kyr who rebelled against Odyn and did not join Helya.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-10-04 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhinco View Post
    What about alien races like Draenei and Orcs, who were not born on Azeroth?
    I do wonder about that too. To be honest the only real children of Azeroth that should get it are Trolls and Night Elves as they are in a round about fashion natives of her soil.

Everything is either alien or Titanforged and basically foreign to her.

It would make most sense for the Old Gods to resurrect us actually.

Resurrection is so rare lorewise that you might aswell say that it's not really a thing.

Player char corpse runs is pure gameplay, for obvious reasons.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Player resurrection has no lore. It doesn't exist. Lore-wise, we have never died, us resurrecting is only for gameplay.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Don't try to introduce lore into that cause on Argus we got Naaru as spirit healers and at invasion points we again got valkyrs .... so just take it for what it is.