Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would say 'yes' if they had more variety in their appearances per spec (e.g. some looking like more practical weapons). I mostly love the whole system though (bar ap only going into one weapon at a time). I like the ap grind though; it gives a gradual progression just by doing everyday content. I can understand why the modern instant gratification community hates it though.

I miss having weapon drops in dungeons and raids.

I'll gladly destroy it and replace my SP dagger immediately with a staff.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...rider/beerwolf

Just look at me, I am sorely lacking a pitchfork !!
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-10-04 at 07:06 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    AP system will likely stay one way or another. As for artifacts, if new weapon models won't be good enough, I will just transmog them into my spec artifact.

It was a good test run for them to look at different abilities they were considering baking into the core class. I hope they remove any sort of AP grind, but the idea of using one or two weapons but upgrading via relics is pretty slick to me.

Oh, and obviously relics having ranks of abilities needs to go. It's counter-intuitive for me to use a ilevel 900 Thrash relic over a 940 anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am very ready to have a new weapon

Nope, bring back the weapon drops!

10+ Year Old Account
    Artifact system and AP grind? Ehhh yeah sure, they can go.

Floating skull snarkily commenting on everything I do from behind my shoulder? Please, let me keep Thal'kiel I will be lonely without him...

Deleted
    I really liked Artifacts as well.
    I almost forgot about having to raid for months to get that one weapon, and it just doesn't drop.

I hope they make something similar with a less grindy way of powering it up.

Also, I suppose they bake in some of the powers obtained in your artifact to keep classes fluently playable. At least I hope so. *crosses fingers for New moon to stick*

Depends how they do it. I haven't seen anything about us giving them up in Antorus even though we know how it ends. So I'm not sure how they plan on getting rid of them.

If they do it in a good way then it's fine. Wouldn't mind. If they do it terribly and it doesn't make sense then it'll be a little annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirMeo View Post

Floating skull snarkily commenting on everything I do from behind my shoulder? Please, let me keep Thal'kiel I will be lonely without him...
    But there hasn't been a grind since 7.2. The way AP has worked since then allows you to level up your artifact while doing normal shit like world quests or M+/raiding due to how AK works now. It's a pretty good system now.

However, playing 3 specs and keeping 3 up to date is rough. I don't really do this, my holy weapon is 67 and my ret/prot are both 55. Need to hit 75 as holy before working on the other 2 which is a bit stupid. If they found a way for AP to apply to all 3 specs instead of just 1 it'd be way better.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMeo View Post

I agree. I hope we can transmog them and be able to keep the emotes/sayings/etc

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    I really liked Artifacts as well.
    I almost forgot about having to raid for months to get that one weapon, and it just doesn't drop.

I hope they make something similar with a less grindy way of powering it up.

Also, I suppose they bake in some of the powers obtained in your artifact to keep classes fluently playable. At least I hope so. *crosses fingers for New moon to stick*
    I'd assume there will be a lot of baking going on in if they move on from artifacts but its still going to be a semi haphazard thing and artifacts themselves will likely feel like shells of their former selves when people level from 100 to 110 after Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, worst thing they ever made. Give us the normal weapon drops back. I seriously dislike the models and as hunter, to only have a quiver while equipping ur Artifact bow is quite retarded :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

AP would have been fine if it was applied to all 3 of your weapons. I think that's where the major flaw was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    tbh, if it costs us a raid tier or an expansion of NO new pvp battlegrounds: then please Blizzard, KEEP the current system.. if they can go back to the weapon drop systems like every other expansion in WoW, ANNNND deliver what they've delivered this entire expansion (I LOVE Legion btw), then yes - I will GLADLY give up my artifacts power to kill Argus the Unmaker #SPOILERS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I say this for a few reasons:
    1. Its obviously just cool having an artifact kind of weapon.
    2. I liked the system for upgrading your weapon via both relics and to a lesser extent via ap(yes the grind itself is kind of bad but its also a steady way to increase your power even after you've unlocked all the traits).
    3. I think its going to be big time hassle to redo and rebalence all the classes without the weapons while also making them meaningful to have after this expansion is over. I don't have much confidence in Bliz doing this in a way that will please me as a player. At this point I have no idea how they will even do it.

I may be in the minority but I'd be more than fine with keeping the artifacts more or less forever or for at least another expansion.
    Well, from last we know, we are losing them and no, not going to be 'bummed' about it
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm worried they'll do nothing to fill the gaping void that will be left behind by their removal, more than anything. Many of the classes are downright broken (in a bad way) without artifact abilities and/or traits and it would be difficult to conjure up something new to fill the void.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    AP would have been fine if it was applied to all 3 of your weapons. I think that's where the major flaw was.
    This. AP for class, not spec + knowledge system from 7.3 and system will be perfect.

In the past I would also be in favor of account wide paragons or different dump for excess AP (something like gear box/gold/honor token for every paragon point), but Concordance works well - no one grind it and in the same time we don't have to delete/sell AP tokens every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, from last we know, we are losing them and no, not going to be 'bummed' about it
    You didn't really need to quote me just to give your opinion like everyone else is doing. Yes I know Bliz says they will most likely be doing away with them.

i love the lore and little quips from my dagger

I just dont want a dagger anymore