Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    "I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It"

Funny how you used to see folks quote this all the time. Lately? *crickets*
    A famous quote from a novel.
    Maybe people started to realize that it wasn't Voltaire who said it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

BLM and Antifa will always be considered a public nuisance that are self-serving idiots in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Ironically, I despise BLM. They get the same protections Nazis get. As long as you don't break the law, you can say whatever shut you want. And people are allowed to shit talk you and have nothing to do with you after learning this about you.

I fucking hate BLM but I'm not going to ban them. Free speech means letting idiots you disagree with speak their mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So there's no difference between now and Segregation era America? I'm just making sure I know what I'm talking to.
    Of course there is a difference.
    Things have been worse back then. But they are certainly not completely over just yet.
    The passing of laws is one step, and a very important one as that.
    The enactment and realization of the laws however are some more steps.

Anecdotal:
    https://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/exclusion_laws/
    If you read.. you'll see that racism was into the law up until only 15 years ago.
    Whether enforced or not, doesn't matter here... It's enough to have it there for that long. That's enough evidence for the problem to be real.

- - - Updated - - -

Ironically, I despise BLM. They get the same protections Nazis get. As long as you don't break the law, you can say whatever shut you want. And people are allowed to shit talk you and have nothing to do with you after learning this about you.

I fucking hate BLM but I'm not going to ban them. Free speech means letting idiots you disagree with speak their mind.
    The difference is obvious and I pointed that out already.

BLM stands up against injustice and for equality.
    Nazis stand for superior power and have over 50 million people's blood on their hands.
    Defending Nazis is a direct betrayal on your very grandfathers who fought against them and died in the battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So your mentality belongs to the 18th century then.

You do realise that the goverment have tanks, smart missiles, drones, nukes, aircraft carriers etc. etc. etc. It's the worst argument that it's against goverment overreach, what the fuck would you do, show up at the white house with a pistol to set them straight? give me a fucking break john wayne.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between people beeing labeled something on the internet (which is perfectly possible without hate speech laws as you kindly show), and then the court of law.

- - - Updated - - -

How about drugs? isnt that a personal freedom aswell? Who are the govt to decide wether drugs should be legal or not? It's disturbing with your personal freedom aswell.
    Specifically relating to your hate speech argument, look up Jordan Peterson and what he has to say about Canada's own hate speech laws coming in to effect recently. Refusing to be forced to use transgendered people's pronouns is now hate speech. Talking about over-immigration of a hateful religion is now hate speech. We can't talk about real issues anymore, because anything that doesn't pertain to white people is off limits.

We have a serious problem in the west where we are mass immigrating actual bigotry in the form of a fundamentalist religion, and we're not allowed to talk about it because it's "hate speech". I'm not saying brown people are bad, mind you, I'm saying their values are not compatible with ours. Notice how in Europe they are literally having to teach these people that forming rape gangs is not okay? But if you want to reduce immigration, and only bring over those who would improve our country, you're the devil.

In Canada we also have an aboriginal peoples problem, the same way some parts of the US has a black people problem. There was a protest not long ago about how native peoples want better health care on their reserves. If you had your way, I wouldn't be able to point out that they want to stay separate from our society, but have all the benefits, which is ridiculous.

Freedom of speech is the most important right we have. The open marketplace of ideas is how we fight back against insanity like BLM and Nazis. As soon as anyone gets silenced, that power can be used against anyone else. The same way that as soon as violence is used against anyone, it is justifiable in return.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    The second amendment calls for
    "The right to bare arms 'in a well-regulated militia'."
    however, I do not think there are any such militias besides the national guard anymore, and so most people conveniently ignore the fact your only right to have a gun in this country is in a well-regulated militia, or as a member of the armed forces.

On a side note, the term armed forces also includes astronauts despite them being very much unarmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    The second amendment calls for
    "The right to bare arms 'in a well-regulated militia'."
    however, I do not think there are any such militias besides the national guard anymore, and so most people conveniently ignore the fact your only right to have a gun in this country is in a well-regulated militia, or as a member of the armed forces.

On a side note, the term armed forces also includes astronauts despite them being very much unarmed.
    Good observation.. But what's that got to do with this topic? I think you're in the wrong thread

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Good observation.. But what's that got to do with this topic? I think you're in the wrong thread
    I think I might be too.
    Could've sworn I was replying to a thread about guns

Of course there is a difference.
    Things have been worse back then. But they are certainly not completely over just yet.
    The passing of laws is one step, and a very important one as that.
    The enactment and realization of the laws however are some more steps.

Anecdotal:
    https://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/exclusion_laws/
    If you read.. you'll see that racism was into the law up until only 15 years ago.
    Whether enforced or not, doesn't matter here... It's enough to have it there for that long. That's enough evidence for the problem to be real.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is obvious and I pointed that out already.

BLM stands up against injustice and for equality.
    Nazis stand for superior power and have over 50 million people's blood on their hands.
    Defending Nazis is a direct betrayal on your very grandfathers who fought against them and died in the battles.
    Nazis are disgusting idiots. They are also US citizens which means they get the same protections of the law until they void it. It's unfortunate, but then the same kind of people that say "punch a Nazi" will run and hide instead of getting punched back or getting arrested.

If all someone is going to do is hide behind the police to say I'm inferior, yawn.
    If that person tries to lay hands on anyone, that's why we have self defense and hate crime laws.

I approve of the goal of dealing with police brutality and sour race relations. Fuck BLM.

More likely that people realized they don't actually believe it in the first place in a real world scenario.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    BLM and Antifa will always be considered a public nuisance that are self-serving idiots in the end.
    Said every "concerned citizen" in the 1960's about MLK and the civil rights protesters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    It isn't my job to give you anything, I am not interested in giving you anything. I honestly am not bothered nor do I care about the facts I pointed out. You are not going to convince me that the patterns are different or the people.

You are just trying to convey nonsense that maybe you have trouble believing, but I have zero interest in figuring out with you. I am your enemy not your friend, dig it?
    You're right, you didnt give anything, which includes facts.
    Im also aware of the futility of my exercise as I'm already familiar with your thought pattern.

But sure, keep on thinking.that anyone who criticizes what.you deem to be an oppressed minority is.automatically a nazi, a white supremacist or alt right. How.convenient it is for.you to have such an umbrella term.

Dont worry, I have no intentions of being either. But what can i see, delluded perspectives amuse me.

What the F. These activists are ridiculous and are the reason people are alienated from movements like these.
    I support Black Lives Matter and the fight against racial profiling and police brutality, but I do not support this. This is anti-freedom, anti-democratic.
    Antifa and these blm supporters are obstructing free speech, which is a fundamental right that must be protected and preserved for the good of a just and fair society. I commend the ACLU.
    I may not like someone's speech, but they have a right to it. Don't like it? Don't attend.

Censorship is wrong even if you think you have the moral highground (which every tyrant thought they had).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    So go counter protest them then.
    But I don't want to run around smashing windows and burning towns down.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    More likely that people realized they don't actually believe it in the first place in a real world scenario.
    and that too, yes.

Yes they do. That's why all Republicans and Conservatives are racist, white supremacists.
    That's why 99% of all non white people would sacrifice their left nut to come live in this horrible racist white supremacist country.

- - - Updated - - -

How the fuck do half of these people get into college? Are colleges that desparate? They honestly can't have higher than an 80 iq

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Racism is racism. Oppression is oppression. I've been leaning to the left politically, but where the modern (American?) left always loses me is rewriting dictionaries.
    Nah, some racism (against people of color) actually has effects. Some "racism" (against whites) does not. Besides twisted panties.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I am a literalist and a prescriptivist and I much prefer that words mean the same as when I learned them. I also prefer to be able to decide which ones I can use. How can we use language as a framework of communication if some people arbitrarily remove of rearrange elements?
    That's dumb. Language evolves. Has always been changing and evolving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Nah, some racism (against people of color) actually has effects. Some "racism" (against whites) does not. Besides twisted panties.
    We are making progress guys. Elba finally admits you can be racist against whites...

Oh Elba, aren't you just cute with your little attitude? I could say the same about racism to black people. You think that being racist to white people has no long lasting ramifications? You think it will help your movement or relationships with white people in the future? You think being racist to white people isn't going to return the same feelings?

There's a famous little phrase of: "Treat others how you wish to be treated." If you're going to spit hateful rhetoric, you better shut your mouth when it comes back on you.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

Yeah, right. White people can't get hurt if you beat them up because they're white. We're immune to non-white people physically attacking us.