Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    can you imagine a battle ground where its simply a battle on the high seas?

Like 2 big gigantic boats, one horde, one alliance, with cannons and high ropes, and extra doo dads that you can use in battle. And you swing to the other ship via rope, and just go balistic fighting eachother, and you win by killing the other teams captain on the bridge, or just by kill count alone.

40 vs 40 would be epic.
    OH that would be so sick.

they could add in environmental stuff, like waves that go over and knock ppl off the boat if you were too slow to move from that portion..
    collecting treasure and bringing it back to your ship..
    accidentally aggroing a parrot / monkey somewhere in the midst of the aoe lol.

i wonder if they could implement a system for the whole team to help customize the ship's sails before the game starts. it would be utter chaos.

If the opposite faction can jump on our boats without our permission and wpvp us right there, that'd be amazing. As long as we're prevented from dismissing it if anyone is aboard, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the travel option. So flying wouldn't be a thing obviously until some point late in the expansion, but would you be willing to compromise with high speed boats to travel around in water areas of the expansion?
    OF COURSE I WANT BOATS!

Well, not high speed boats but actual boats.. Mate, I want the boat system from ArcheAge, that was beautiful... !
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Better than becoming enchanting dust and leave a tween in charge
    No way! An edgy tween is the most monstrous weapon we can use against the legion!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you want Blizzard to send a thug over to your house every time you use your boat?

On topic, no. I would be okay with boats regardless of what the expansion is.
    Bring it, I'll call an ambulance before hand just in case my irl level is too low and I'm severely under geared (aka naked).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    If the opposite faction can jump on our boats without our permission and wpvp us right there, that'd be amazing. As long as we're prevented from dismissing it if anyone is aboard, of course.
    On PvP servers I hope that's a thing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I always imagined a boat being like the garrison, except with a follower system more akin to Legion (fewer more impactful followers, rather than a mob of faceless nobodies). The boat would upgrade like garrisons did, offering larger boats with more amenities, like a spot to display some mounts (like the Stable), a cargo hold (bank), little stall like areas to put in special "buildings", and other such things. To combat parts of the problems with WoD garrisons though, no gathering nodes and no AH. This means even if you want to craft, you have to leave your boat to get mats, whether it is to gather or to buy them.

I don't think the whole "people just shut themselves inside their garrisons in WoD" argument would be valid if they kept up with world content like they have in Legion. WoD's problem was that people had no reason to leave because there was nothing going on in the world. You finished all the zones and the world was basically dead. In Legion, there is/was so much to do outside of your order hall and Dalaran that you didn't want to be holed up.

These wouldn't fix all the problems with garrisons, but it would alleviate some of the worst problems with garrisons (and WoD in general). Additionally, you could make it something akin to a vehicle as far as combat goes, with allowing for scenario-like encounters on the high seas, as mentioned by others, where you have to fight another ship or a kraken or some Naga trying to board your ship or whatever. That could allow for you to upgrade things like cannons and defensive items like ways to try to prevent board parties from entering your ship, etc. You could then have armor racks like in the order hall, and a spot for Archaeology artifacts to be placed (say on one of the walls of your "private, captain's cabin" or something).

Perhaps they could finally add in something a little closer to player housing in it, with having several objects you would unlock, akin to the toy/mount/pet unlock system, that would allow you to hang trophies on your walls, which would reflect things like killing certain bosses. Say like a claw of Deathwing or the weapon of another boss or something.

If they actually made an expansion where you have a vessel that serves as a home base, a mount, with combat, and on open waters, I'd actually more than likely would resubscribe to WoW. Although it is speculated that the Vindicaar may be testing the waters of what to expect from a boat system in a South/Great Sea expansion.

As the travel option. So flying wouldn't be a thing obviously until some point late in the expansion, but would you be willing to compromise with high speed boats to travel around in water areas of the expansion?
    No, in actuality, I have no desire for Cata 2.0 (excluding a world revamp).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wow, this might be the first time i've seen you come out being okay with no-flying for awhile. But yeah, i agree with you, have some convenience things like the whistle, and Avianna's feather and life is great.

Plus, whats not to like about boating on the high seas?
    Mind I say temporary. I have a collection of flying mounts and I'd like to use them for their intended purpose in the south seas at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I get the knee-jerk to say that. But honestly if we had an expansion with zones about the size of Broken Isles, but separated by a zone's worth of water, would a emerald winds + skyhorn kite even be useful?
    They'll find a way to place tons of vertical terrain everywhere, this is Blizzard after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see it now.

Blizzard adds boats and a separate path of progression, everyone spends three months farming and upgrading them, then in patch 8.1 they give them out for free.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

The Vindicaar is not, I repeat NOT, a test or exhibition of anything related to boats whatsoever. It is just copies of a stationary hub in three locations with teleports and no new technology. If we're getting boats, they should not in any way replicate the Vindicaar, because they should be vehicles of some nature. The Vindicaar is the illusion of a vehicle. (Which is fine for its function.)

That said, yes, I would very much like a ship.

Give me a boat that uses wildstars housing system. Add all the doodads as drops and boom... awesome customized boat.

People can come visit and shit.

Who the fuck wouldn't be? I've been waiting for Warcraft salable boats since Warcraft 2.

Breath of fresh air? fuck you panda fur lovers, that's real breath of fresh air ^

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Breath of fresh air? fuck you panda fur lovers, that's real breath of fresh air ^
    Your signature makes this comment funnily ironic

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Your signature makes this comment funnily ironic
    Irony is usually at least slightly comic by definition, and Warcraft RTS players usually ask for stuff in WoW which hasn't been implemented yet, pre-BC players want things to de-volve to the way it used to be in terms of MMO grind. Completely different things.

1/10 for your weak hamfisted attempt at sounding clever.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if there is hoes... to till my updated tillers garden.

I'm overall hoping the devs for d3 go do other crap and let wow go back to what made people enjoy it. I'm very doubtful this will happen since they abandoned d3 to die so let's just hope there is no stupid rng layers that shouldnt exist in any mmo for next xpac.

Also fingers crossed they don't make the same mistakes gear wise that they make every expansion but Legion was 10 times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Irony is usually at least slightly comic by definition, and Warcraft RTS players usually ask for stuff in WoW which hasn't been implemented yet, pre-BC players want things to de-volve to the way it used to be in terms of MMO grind. Completely different things.

1/10 for your weak hamfisted attempt at sounding clever.
    No, that is just you filling the blanks with what you believe his signature was addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    No, that is just you filling the blanks with what you believe his signature was addressing.
    "His?" You mean the person you quoted who replied to you afterwards, i.e. me?

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our faction hub!