Poll: What nerf would you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    Yup, that one went over your head... way over. You'll have to board a flight to catch up.
    I've already run away with millions. Haven't gotten caught either. Why should I be worried?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm all for doing anything to nerf flying and more importantly, completely remove flying from the game if possible. But Blizzard isn't going to do that. They have made it clear that pathfinder is the way forward, and im on board with that.
    YES! ^^ they should remove flying, there is no point in having it inn, it just makes the game smaller and it give a "Hellicopter feel" to World Of warcraft

No, I don't want nerfed flying. I just want flying. They can buff it however.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    YES! ^^ they should remove flying, there is no point in having it inn, it just makes the game smaller and it give a "Hellicopter feel" to World Of warcraft

So, when you're on an aircraft the earth below just shrinks? Brilliant!

- - - Updated - - -

What could be done with flying is the addition of areal-combat, threatening monsters/things in the sky that make flight possibly dangerous. Maybe even a flying version of the fel reaver. Another welcome addition would be the ability to summon your mount while falling, running, walking, or in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the GW2 approach, having mounts that excel at different things like sprinting, gliding, jumping, water walking, gathering resources, etc (we already have water walking mounts and gathering resources mount in the Goblin Reaver mount letting you gather herbs while mounted).

Would give the whole mount system more depth. Right now we have like 400+ available mounts in the game and they all basically do the same thing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Lets just have instanceportals to quests and skip the whole map thing, right?

Flying ruined wow

I wish Blizz could somehow nerf how many people feign having a problem with flying. We get it by now...lots of people who play WoW have to find anything at all to have a problem with. Yes yes, riding my ground mount to places I've been to 200 times over a couple month period and having it taking a while to reach there is truly compelling gameplay over flying there. The incredibly fun immersion I feel while taking a ground route time after time after time again for half a year is only comparable to the incredible in-depth immersion I feel while watching my character wave it's hands around while I make stacks of items, or the compelling and never ending fun of playing the auction house.

Yes, I enjoy having to be grounded for a while at the beginning of an expansion, and really seeing the sites up close for a few months. Especially with this expansion and with WoD that both looked great...but you know what I do once flying gets released and I want to see a route to somewhere from the ground? I use a ground mount. This feigned complaint about how flying ruins the game has the most simple fix out of any complaint...don't use flying mounts! There is truly only a tiny fraction of places you would need to fly to. People want to pretend to hate the convenience and time-saving of flying, but don't want to give it up themselves; they'd rather complain about using something they easily do not have to use.

Gliding really is the best way to go with MMORPG flight, and I wish it had been what WoW did. It allows you to still travel quickly, but requires engagement with the world and let's them make a cooler world because of that.

But the ship has sailed, and WoW is not a gliding game, and I don't see a way they could do that when it doesn't fit most mount types in WoW either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for doing anything to nerf flying and more importantly, completely remove flying from the game if possible. But Blizzard isn't going to do that. They have made it clear that pathfinder is the way forward, and im on board with that.
    For all intents and purposes flying has been removed. You got what you wanted.

What i really miss here is following option:

Flying is enabled after you reached Loremaster, but there should be zones where flying is dangerous!

For example: Cannons like in Burning Crusade or Flying enemies that can dismount you.

ENABLE FLYING BUT MAKE IT DANGEROUS!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    they need to make zones built around flying, like storm peaks

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    They should add no-flying realms to the already available options. The anti-flying crowd would finally shut up and we'd all be happy.
    Also, free transfers to these realms for 12 toons on each WoW account. Would have been an nice experiment and would produce a definite statistic outcome about player views on flying.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Your mistake was here:
    "Then there's a whole other group of people that hate flying, think it ruins world content, and makes traveling monotonous. They have valid concerns.
    "
    They do not have valid concerns. In order...

"They hate flying" Tough shit. Personal likes and dislikes either way don't matter.

".. think it ruins world content...". Shot down many times. 1) What world content is ruined because people can fly, 2) develop ways to guard that (AA fire, dismounts, etc), 3) Slippery slope. If I can stealth past mobs to getting to a mini-boss that a quest tells me to kill why not disallow that too? Doesn't that ruin content too?

Note that if Blizzard wants to, they just scatter mobs that can see through stealth, i.e. they develop in-world countermeasures. Same thing they could do with flight in specific cases like that.

"... makes traveling monotonous..." So they can ride. How THEY travel is up to them. What they want to do is to dictate how I can travel. With flying in the game, they have a choice. With flying out of the game, I'm robbed of that choice.

Finally, it was in the game for 8 years. Anyone who truly hated it should have left the game during those years. If they stuck around it 1) wasn't that bad or 2) they're full of shit.

There's zero reason shown to remove flight at max level. None of the promised advantages have ever materialized. It's SOLELY developer choice to keep you playing longer, period.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-10-06 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Your mistake was here:
    "Then there's a whole other group of people that hate flying, think it ruins world content, and makes traveling monotonous. They have valid concerns.
    "
    They do not have valid concerns. In order...

"They hate flying" Tough shit. Personal likes and dislikes either way don't matter.

".. think it ruins world content...". Shot down many times. 1) What world content is ruined because people can fly, 2) develop ways to guard that (AA fire, dismounts, etc), 3) Slippery slope. If I can stealth past mobs to getting to a mini-boss that a quest tells me to kill why not disallow that too? Doesn't that ruin content too?

Note that if Blizzard wants to, they just scatter mobs that can see through stealth, i.e. they develop in-world countermeasures. Same thing they could do with flight in specific cases like that.

"... makes traveling monotonous..." So they can ride. How THEY travel is up to them. What they want to do is to dictate how I can travel. With flying in the game, they have a choice. With flying out of the game, I'm robbed of that choice.

Finally, it was in the game for 8 years. Anyone who truly hated it should have left the game during those years. If they stuck around it 1) wasn't that bad or 2) they're full of shit.

There's zero reason shown to remove flight at max level. None of the promised advantages have ever materialized. It's SOLELY developer choice to keep you playing longer, period.
    So by saying personal likes and dislikes don't matter applies to all sides of the issue, including those that like flight. So in your own words, tough shit. As for your other part of the post:
    1). World content is not ruined, it is trivialized. It is a much different thing to have watch where you are going, learn the layout of the area, and be smart (depending on gear) vs flying down, grabbing an item, and flying out.
    2). First off, you contradict yourself. You say it doesn't ruin content, but then state a way to avoid ruining content. Secondly, and more to the point, just no. Anytime someone brings up this arguement of "make flying dangerous," I laugh my ass off. Skipping over the first point you make of "flight doesn't trivialize content...here's a way to make flight not trivialize content" hypocrisy, you are taking the same approach as CowDog: taking things people hate from the ground and want to avoid and put them in the air. "Lots of mobs all over the ground that daze and make me enter combat when all I want to do is mine...I know! Let's put them in the air so they can daze and dismount me and make flying annoying!"
    3). No, it doesn't. Stealth is a class mechanic. It's used by 2 classes in game. Others have to use other in game options such as invis potions, grouping with a rogue for mass stealth, using FD as a Hunter, etc. Those are abilities and mechanics that put you in the game and have you interact with it, not take you out of it by flying over every single thing to just land next to the mob you want to kill/item you want to loot.
    Finally, most people who hate flight, or just don't care if it's in game at all (like myself), continue to play because they enjoy the other aspects of the game. Their reasons for liking the game outweigh the reasons they have against/or don't mind not having, flight.

As far as your point of "play longer, period." This is just as false as time gating content excuses. If you hate the game that much, or can't be bothered to do anything, you will unsub. Just like some people waiting to sub only once flight was available, they had no sub which makes Blizz no money. They then resub, get flight in a week or 2, and then do what they want: keep playing or quit. Blizz made a total of $15 dollars from those players. Truely a money marketing strategy. If you are in game to raid, do m+ dungeons, or hang out with friends, you are playing regardless and no time gating truely exists. It's seriously 1 of the worst excuses I have read by people to justify why they hate a game.

15+ Year Old Account

Says it all
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

If anything I think it's about time we got even faster flying. Maybe from a questline. Think about it. We've had 310 flying since flying was added in BC, but it was rare cause the only way to get it was Ashes or a Gladiator mount. Then Wrath and achieves came around, and now anyone could get it a year later from doing all of the seasonal meta achievements. Then in Cata you could just flat out buy it. So 310 flying has been a common thing for 8ish years now. I think we're due for an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    why? what exactly force u to play the game as u like - not fly at all - and leave me play the game as i like - flying at 310% ? entire legion content is accessible without flying even 0.1 sec, and now with the 1+year patch - the last patch - they 'forgot' to mention that flying in legion (a feature heavily promoted) will only be available for just 1 patch then become useless - u got what u want, a fake promise of flying like WoD
    What is literally stopping u from riding a wolf on ur low geared alt trying to get herb only to be f8cked by 1502 mob running behind u and 1 shot u since this is just a farming alt u don't want to spend 1502 hour gearing him? Even if u 'unlocked' flying if u use wolf he won't magically fly, in fact most flying mounts suck on walking animation (or don't even have one, like rogue mount class, enjoy logging at 3:00 am to be able to kill the auctioneer in most crowded zone, just to get a crow that has no talon to walk in argus)
    Last edited by sam86; 2017-10-07 at 01:34 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Except when it isn't the way forward.

/looks pointedly at Argus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Current system of unlocking flying through achievements is the best of both worlds. .
    Except that it's not even close to the best of flying. And Argus doesn't even have the WORST of flying, so I'm not sure what you're smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    But no, the unrelenting pro-flyers doesn't really take game design into account
    Wut...? Most of the consistent pro fliers have tried time after time to present ideas and suggestions for how to work flight into the game design.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this trying to challenge the remove DBM and damage meters threads for the shittiest idea possible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbleton View Post
    So, what if Blizzard just nerfed flying?
    No, stop with the silly ideas already.
    flying is fine.
    ps: oh look 70% find this idea as stupid as me