Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You can look it up yourself. It's right there on warcraftlogs.
    Take maiden, the difference between arms warriors using the BiS ones and none of them is 500k-700k at least.

Thare are 2 or 3 players above 1.7 million DPS using none of the BiS ones and not a single one above 1.8 where you can reach 2.2-2,3 million DPS with the best ones.
    The ones without any of these really good legendaries also have extreme luck when it comes to procs on these fights and it's not something most of them pull off more than once.

For some classes, the right legendaries are almost mandatory. You trolling on the forums will not change that.
    Are you talking about this? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries thats not quite a 500k difference. If thats wrong please do educate me.

Need? Being 10%-25% behind in DPS is hardly fun even if you're in a casual guild.
    Having the best items in the game drop at random with no way to target them is a stupid idea in any case. It's not "cool", it's frustrating. Watcher is clearly clueless when he thinks that the legendaries are even close to balanced and that all legendaries has their place. There are quite a few classes tha will never switch their legendaries no matter what becuase the best ones are lightyears ahead if the rest.

No way around it, the system is bad.
    If anything, it catters to casuals because the content they go through with doesn't require having these. It is the mythic progression and high level M+ keystone runs that require having a certain type of legendaries. All legendaries clearly don't have their place, that is for sure, but it doesn't mean that most don't. Some are simply a lot better than the rest.

In truth it is the ultra-small minority of high level M+ runners(requires a variety of legendaries) and mythic progression raiders that are affected by not having BiS as it can really stall things up. Hardly a fraction of all these people complaining about RNG on these forums are mythic raiders.

Is it fun to have less DPS than someone else because he has a legendary that is better through sheer luck? No, it isn't, but then again if you are not having fun just because you can't make a top notch perfromance, then having fun is the last thing you play this game for. If you want to be a top performer, then put the time in and have fun.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-10-07 at 03:56 PM.

How un-legendary a legendary system is where you just go to a vendor that has stacks and stacks of these legendries and you are like.. hey man I'll take that one. And he's like okay man - everyone takes that one first - I hear its the best.

Well why the fuck did I have to wait for a token to get this - you have them all stacked up - don't you want me to stop the legion's invasion? No? wtf is this game even.

You can look it up yourself. It's right there on warcraftlogs.
    Take maiden, the difference between arms warriors using the BiS ones and none of them is 500k-700k at least.

Thare are 2 or 3 players above 1.7 million DPS using none of the BiS ones and not a single one above 1.8 where you can reach 2.2-2,3 million DPS with the best ones.
    The ones without any of these really good legendaries also have extreme luck when it comes to procs on these fights and it's not something most of them pull off more than once.

For some classes, the right legendaries are almost mandatory. You trolling on the forums will not change that.
    200k dps difference, and the one who used KJ trinket instead of helm was 7 ilvl below the top one. The one closest with best 2 legs on maiden was 937, and he was 1k dps ahead.

25 % my ass. 5-10% sure, for very few classes compared to next best thing, but stop with the 25% nonsense already.

And just to clarify, all the top 100-200 logs have very good procs etc.

I love it how people compared the warcraftlogs dps to max dps and then say that the one that got lower dps was the one that got lucky with procs. Isn't it more likely that the one that got max dps is the one that should throw in lottery tickets that night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There are people who have gone this whole expansion cycle on their Main without their BiS.
    Yup, that's me alright.
    31 days played on my main and throughout the last year there has not been a point where i thought "my performance is now mainly influenced by how good i am".
    It fucking sucks and if blizzard doesn't announce an expansion that goes away from what they did with legion, i'm going to stop for good.

Ion also said they should have made the legendaries more even, so it mattered less which you got. Different but equal. I think, if he/they had it to do over again, all the special lego traits would be utility rather than throughput. That way it would be exciting to get one (still great stat sticks and cool extra abilities) but it would not imbalance game play or affect competition for raid spots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There are people who have gone this whole expansion cycle on their Main without their BiS.
    Only if they didn't play much. Both my main and primary alt have every legendary for their MS, so obviously have their BIS as well. My other two alts have decent legos, if not two bis. There are catch up mechanisms, including being practically guaranteed to get your first within a week of dinging 110, crafted legos to tide you over while you wait, and vendors that allow you to target specific slots. The mechanisms are there, and those who don't mind working for something have taken advantage of them.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Are you talking about this? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries thats not quite a 500k difference. If thats wrong please do educate me.
    Maybe try changing it to heroic since all those Mythic parses have at least one of the BIS legendaries equipped.

Dont worry once you have all legendaries on one character you can get random tokens for all the classes next patch...

YAY......

Quote Originally Posted by Ortus View Post
    Maybe try changing it to heroic since all those Mythic parses have at least one of the BIS legendaries equipped.
    Did that, still not a 500k DPS difference.

Edit: I do think Maiden is not the best example though since numbers would be influenced by the orbs and shit. You could also argue that these statistics would be influenced by the best players obviously having their BiS aswell, thereby inflating the difference. I'd love to see some sims if anyone has some. I don't play a warrior unfortunately.
    Last edited by Siglius; 2017-10-07 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I love it how people compared the warcraftlogs dps to max dps and then say that the one that got lower dps was the one that got lucky with procs. Isn't it more likely that the one that got max dps is the one that should throw in lottery tickets that night.
    Its exactly that. Not only in top 10, but all the way to top 100-200, maybe even more on rankings is the ones with best rng on bosses. Get it, rng

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its exactly that. Not only in top 10, but all the way to top 100-200, maybe even more on rankings is the ones with best rng on bosses. Get it, rng
    I've always argued (And gotten downvoted on reddit for it) that mechanics amd procs makes a way bigger difference in your preformance than legendaries.

I like threads like this. We quickly determine who has Ion's dick on their mind, their own dick in their mouth, or no dick at all.

Let me guess. Someone will want to pick which one am I. Those people will be no dick at all folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    as of every game. most players are casual and want everything handed to them with no effort whatsoever. every mmo has RNG and grinding attached to it.

and the system didn't fail because Legion is one of the most successful expansions ever released.
    Grinding is fine, having items that make or break the spec behind extreme rng is not. And as far as i know there are several expansions with higher playerbase than legion.

Got my last unholy legiondary last night. Yep.. very last one - the shoulders. What an awesome xpac I had chasing those shoulders. Now, near the end of the xpac, where I will get to use them for 1 whole raid tier (WOOHOO!). It was a great xpac imagining what could have been the whole time! Kudos to you Blizz, your game is still the best game out there (for people with lucky RnG).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    as of every game. most players are casual and want everything handed to them with no effort whatsoever. every mmo has RNG and grinding attached to it.

and the system didn't fail because Legion is one of the most successful expansions ever released.
    hows that? I know is not in sub numbers because that was wotlk. So, in what way was this RnGtravesty the most successful xpac?

10+ Year Old Account
    All this means is they're going to bring them to the next xpac too. lol (the system that is, not the same legendaries)

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Here is a quote from his q&a: 'Random distribution of legendary items isn't a problem. There is something cool about not having the ability to choose a specific legendary from a list. Each person may have a different legendary, but those should be good in some different situations.'

TL;DR The director for Wow, thinks legendaries and rng is completely fine after his Q&A, showing zero regrets on how this system is playing out. Fears of having them in future expansions.
    Please fucking christ don't bring this legendary system into any more xpacs. I'd be happier in an expansion with no legendaries than to have Legions legendary system again. If you just gotta have them in game just use any of the previous systems. One legendary you work on throughout the expansion gg. IMO I think the MoP system was the best. Everyone has access to it (so not weapons) and can progress on it at their own pace.

Or it could be something that's not an item you equip but a legendary skill tree :O

Or it could be like ... a legendary button (but you know something cooler like an ancient clasp or some shit) that you can snap on to different items you're wearing that will augment what you can do. Prot warrior could attach it to his shield for a barrier type on use/proc, anyone could attach it to their boots for movement speed or casting while moving or shadowstepping to the boss.

Anything you want to make up will most likely be better than the legion system.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2017-10-07 at 09:45 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Please fucking christ don't bring this legendary system into any more xpacs. I'd be happier in an expansion with no legendaries than to have Legions legendary system again.
    The OP is misinforming you and everyone who didn't watch the stream.
    I seriously don't know how this thread is allowed to be up.
    It's all a bunch of lies.

In the Q&A Ion said
    "The areas where we have the most regret is where randomness have too much impact on your power, legendaries are the biggest one there"
    "If we could go back in time, no, we wouldn't make legendaries with such differences between them (one with 8% damage increase and other with utility)"
    "But now its too late to go back on the system because players would feel robbed out of their legendaries if we removed the items"

min 50:48
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/179928917
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-10-07 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The OP is misinforming you and everyone who didn't watch the stream.
    I seriously don't know how this thread is allowed to be up.
    It's all a bunch of lies.

In the Q&A Ion said
    "The areas where we have the most regret is where randomness have too much impact on your power, legendaries are the biggest one there"
    "If we could go back in time, no, we wouldn't make legendaries with such differences between them (one with 8% damage increase and other with utility)"
    "But now its too late to go back on the system because players would feel robbed out of their legendaries if we removed the items"

min 50:48
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/179928917
    Even the admins on the site paraphrased some of the Q/A wrong so go figure.

Unfortunatley anyone who posts actual quotes in this thread are being ignored.