Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im having a hard time seeing how this is justified. What kind of fucked up laws do you got over there?
    A man is trying to escape arrest and its ok for police officiers to become judge, jury and executioners, delivering an instant death sentence?

Shouldn't death sentences be only for the absolute worst criminals? What did this guy do? Is trying to escape an arrest as bad as serial murders?

I find it both fascinating and horrible that there are so many defending the actions of the police here. To the ppl who think it was the right move for polices to shoot him dead in the street.
    What crimes do you think should be punishable by death? Its obviously trying to resist arrest or trying to escape an arrest (regardless of what you are being arrested for or criminal record it seems), but what more? Murder? Treason? rape? Abduction? Robbery? Assault? Theft? Hacking? Where do you ppl draw the line and say "this guy doesnt deserve to be given a death sentence"?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Im having a hard time seeing how this is justified. What kind of fucked up laws do you got over there?
    A man is trying to escape arrest and its ok for police officiers to become judge, jury and executioners, delivering an instant death sentence?

Shouldn't death sentences be only for the absolute worst criminals? What did this guy do? Is trying to escape an arrest as bad as serial murders?

I find it both fascinating and horrible that there are so many defending the actions of the police here. To the ppl who think it was the right move for polices to shoot him dead in the street.
    What crimes do you think should be punishable by death? Its obviously trying to resist arrest or trying to escape an arrest (regardless of what you are being arrested for or criminal record it seems), but what more? Murder? Treason? rape? Abduction? Robbery? Assault? Theft? Hacking? Where do you ppl draw the line and say "this guy doesnt deserve to be given a death sentence"?
    how about the man does not RUN for the police? And how about you stop making excuses for criminals?

Instead of lecturing cops on how to do their job which is to put their lives on the line of duty in order to make other people safe how about you lecture the public that when an officer tells you to do something you do it. And if you disagree with what the officer said or did then you sue him after.

Hell you don't even need to know his name in order to sue, just saying where the event took place and at what hour can easily identify the officer in question.

And for all the people complaining about "fascist america" and "america being a police state"

i lived in eastern europe through comunism and i can tell you that

1. People here rarely if ever run from the cops
    2. People here don't side with the criminals.
    3. During comunism the police would just enter your house in the middle of the night and make you dissapear.
    4. All your neighbours would instantly change the subject if you're brought in a conversation because they would be terified they would dissapear as well.

So no america is not a fascist state. Its just being subverted by a culture that tries to excuse criminals and constantly apologize for them under the guise of "empathy"

Do criminals have "empathy" when they comit crime and hurt others?
    Last edited by veehro; 2017-10-09 at 05:22 AM.

Either You comply to the officers or get shot, just how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    This.

And if the officers abuses his rights you can sue him after

Quote Originally Posted by Nerrf View Post
    No they aren't. Nor are most police forces in developed countries. They are trained to stop the threat. That often means shooting for center of seen mass, to ensure a hit. They are not trained to "wing" them. Any clown who suggests that has played too many video games and not actually had any real life training or experience with firearms, especially sidearms or pistols. If the justification exists to use deadly force then there is a real chance death will be the result of said application.

The issue here is justification. The justification to use the firearm.
    When using a firearm they are trained to kill.

I'm generally of the opinion that violent felons that run from the police really aren't a priority for sympathy. Statistically, the police just saved someone else from a felony assault.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    Do criminals have "empathy" when they comit crime and hurt others?
    No, and we dont excuse them, but theyre a little something called "not overdoing it". If you want to take a look back oin history, you can have been hanged down for stealing food to eat. Yeah, they were criminal, but they do not deserve to die for this. Remind me of the book "les miserables".

Heck, if we follow this story, so children who destroy a glass while playing with a ball and running could be shooted to death ? (ok, im overexagerrating this one, but since we dont have the full camera for this one...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    I didn't read 11 pages but did anything say "wHy dudNT tHeY sHooT theM iN the Leg?"

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahahahah.
    Probly should have added in comparison to the tubs of blue lard America has

7+ Year Old Account
    He was black, everybody calm down! (sarcasm)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    This.

And if the officers abuses his rights you can sue him after

Haha... no... not "this"

De-escalation is what it's called. A mistake shouldn't lead to a police officer shooting you.
    I was stopped by a police officer once while I was driving, he signaled me something with his hands which I interpreted as "slow down" - you know, the movement you make with your hands towards the ground to say "calm down". So I slowed down, seeing how there was an accident ahead and kept driving since the 2 cars in front of me did the same thing - when all of a sudden he lunged in front of my car and asking me why I didn't stop.

That fucker should've shot me right there, after all I was basically running away and disobeyed his "orders".
    You shoot someone to save another persons (or your own) life, not to catch up on him or because you want to end it quickly.

Even if someone is a criminal because he stole a freaking bike and is trying to get away with it, you don't shoot him. It's just a fucking bike.

In the situation presented here, it's a bit difficult to see if the police officers were in actual danger, pretty sure most european police officers wouldn't have shot a single time, not even a warning shot and aside from some minor injuries, both parties would've survived.
    At the very least, there would've been some more talking involved - unless of course the guy would've moved directly towards one of them... which might've happened but we'll never know, because the shots were fired even *before* the warning has been given.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-09 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Haha... no... not "this"

De-escalation is what it's called. A mistake shouldn't lead to a police officer shooting you.
    I was stopped by a police officer once while I was driving, he signaled me something with his hands which I interpreted as "slow down" - you know, the movement you make with your hands towards the ground to say "calm down". So I slowed down, seeing how there was an accident ahead and kept driving since the 2 cars in front of me did the same thing - when all of a sudden he lunged in front of my car and asking me why I didn't stop.

That fucker should've shot me right there, after all I was basically running away and disobeyed his "orders".
    You shoot someone to save another persons (or your own) life, not to catch up on him or because you want to end it quickly.

Even if someone is a criminal because he stole a freaking bike and is trying to get away with it, you don't shoot him. It's just a fucking bike.

In the situation presented here, it's a bit difficult to see if the police officers were in actual danger, pretty sure most european police officers wouldn't have shot a single time, not even a warning shot and aside from some minor injuries, both parties would've survived.
    At the very least, there would've been some more talking involved.
    How do you know if the guy wasnt going to grab someone on the sidewalk and take him as hostage?How do you know if hes going to turn on you and stab your face without giving you time to react? How do you know his previous nasty deeds so well that you can assess he isnt going to use his knife after clearly stating"IM GONNA STAB YOU"?

Can you even remotely understand whats going through the mind of a police officer when adrenaline kicks in and you have to keep your head cool at this moment knowing that if you mess up by being too lax or too hasty a horde of shitters is going to jump on you on the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    How do you know if the guy wasnt going to grab someone on the sidewalk and take him as hostage?How do you know if hes going to turn on you and stab your face without giving you time to react? How do you know his previous nasty deeds so well that you can assess he isnt going to use his knife after clearly stating"IM GONNA STAB YOU"?

Can you even remotely understand whats going through the mind of a police officer when adrenaline kicks in and you have to keep your head cool at this moment knowing that if you mess up by being too lax or too hasty a horde of shitters is going to jump on you on the internet?

How come other police forces don't have these issues?

How come that other countries face just as many knife wielding maniacs but they don't end like this?

Only a criminal would run away from cops. What if he had a gun and shot the cops?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Thoughts? NSFW

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...was-justified/

Authorities in Salt Lake City have cleared a police officer in the fatal shooting of a man who ran after being stopped on his bicycle, an incident caught on police body-camera video that was released this week.

The ruling comes after a month-and-a-half-long investigation into the Aug. 13 shooting. Police say they stopped Patrick Harmon, 50, on State Street near downtown Salt Lake City because he was riding his bicycle erratically and did not have a red rear light. The district attorney of Salt Lake County, Sim Gill, said in an interview that the use of deadly force was legally justified because Harmon was armed and turned back to lunge at the officers while running away.

After finding that Harmon had multiple open arrest warrants, including one stemming from a felony aggravated assault charge, the officers informed Harmon that he was under arrest. That is when he ran, according to a police body-camera video.

So how was this justifiable? Dont they carry tasers? Cant they chase him?? I dont see where he jumped at them?

How come that other countries face just as many knife wielding maniacs but they don't end like this?
    Perhaps their citizens are smarter than ours and don't resist arrest as often.

Haha... no... not "this"

At the very least, there would've been some more talking involved - unless of course the guy would've moved directly towards one of them... which might've happened but we'll never know, because the shots were fired even *before* the warning has been given.
    Yeah clearely not the same thing is it?

One is a miscomunication and the other one is a guy getting his rights read, cuffed, informed he has comitted other crimes so he breaks out running away while officers order him to stop and instead he pulls out a knife.

Im judging case on individual basis and in this particular case i dont have any empathy that he got shot just like he had no empathy for the people he comitted crimes against.

And you know what? After he got shot untill no he also comitted 0 crimes.

I live in the "other countries" and can tell you why.

because in our countries citizens dont fuck with the police and follow the commands.

And if youd look at UK when you have "knife wielding maniacs" they also end up getting shot.

And our nations value the lives of the men in blue who protect us far more then the lives of a criminal that endagers us.
    Last edited by veehro; 2017-10-09 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Listen to the police or get shot, how hard is it to understand? No one is going to out run a bullet.
    Suddenly got an urge to play TF2...

@0:50

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Sorry, no. This isn't Hollywood where you can incapacitate someone by shooting their leg and it will be fine. Officer could miss and with the suspect ALREADY turning around he could have easily charged him even IF they shot his leg. The cop was running after him too so the gap would have closed REALLY fast.

Also, tasers aren't so sure to work either. Clothing while running moves a lot and could have EASILY stop the two prongs from securing a connection. They also aren't sure to work and stop someone either if they don't land in the right spots. Even then, some people are able to keep walking while it's going on. Just go look it up on Youtube.
    What's so Hollywood about shooting someone running away in the leg? Or the butt area? If a person is able hit the back, he can surely hit the lower parts of the body as well. Also, I'm sorry, but there are too many if's and could's in your reasoning. There's no point in arguing about it, however, since I see no way to change your mind. Let's just agree to disagree on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Obey or be killed on the spot. Welcome to the Middle Ages. Yay.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    What's so Hollywood about shooting someone running away in the leg? Or the butt area? If a person is able hit the back, he can surely hit the lower parts of the body as well. Also, I'm sorry, but there are too many if's and could's in your reasoning. There's no point in arguing about it, however, since I see no way to change your mind. Let's just agree to disagree on this.
    Do you think there is a reason that no police or military force says to shoot for limbs? It's ALWAYS center mass in standard training. Your chance of missing or causing collateral damage is much less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Just do as the police says. That's what I think. Don't do stupid shit.
    Isn't stupid shit executing someone for running away?