Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Why do you assume that the WoD number is from active players the month before it? It doesn't say that the numbers are from active players. Do you have anything to backup your claim that the WoD numbers were active players?
    You know what, I went to check my notes and you are right and I made a mistake.

The 3.1 is not the number of active players, it came from the era where the numbers were accumulating between scans. So I ended up comparing apples to oranges indeed.

I apologize for the mistake and am going to correct the first post.

Know what I give a fuck about? It's am I having a good time or not. You know what? I sure am. If it's 60 million others or a half dozen it doesn't mean a thing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Who was still grinding apexis after Tanaan released?
    Everyone, because no one grinded apexis when WoD was released until Tanaan because they were worthless outside a few mounts.

People who wanted that 695 gear and the 100,000 apexis mount did the grind in 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me. Legion was their chance to redeem themselves for WoD. Instead they gave us something worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed that for you.

Yeah, wha?
    Order hall? You're barely even in it.

Hell, Argus is 1000x Better than Tanaan.

And the AP is more useful than...Khadgar's...questline. *Twitches eye*

I wasn't able to find exactly what numbers I pulled for the older post, but I generally try and include any kind of filtering I do. FWIW with no filtering we've got 3.7 million players in the database right now.

These numbers are in no way a good reflection of subscriber numbers and shouldn't be used as a proxy for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I wasn't able to find exactly what numbers I pulled for the older post, but I generally try and include any kind of filtering I do. FWIW with no filtering we've got 3.7 million players in the database right now.

These numbers are in no way a good reflection of subscriber numbers and shouldn't be used as a proxy for that.
    So does that mean there are at least 3.7m active players, or just 3.7m since some random unknown date? US or Eu or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So does that mean there are at least 3.7m active players, or just 3.7m since some random unknown date? US or Eu or both?
    3.7 mil total unique candidates accumulated from all scans for checking if they were active or not, out of which 1.8 were being active in the last month. US+EU

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post

The 3.1 mil for WoD was the equivalent of the 3.7 mil you are reporting above. I found that in the notes. The source was your note from here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-DLC?#comments

"That is the number of players we have come across so far, with it slowly increasing over time as we find more players. We don't track any of Asia, where more than half of subscribers are."

Neither 3.7, nor 3.1 nor 1.8 nor any of the other numbers can be used on their own to deduce the number of subs (other than the obvious "well, if there were 1.8 actives in the last month, then we have at least that many players"). But that wasn't what I was trying to do either. What I was trying to do is compare the sizes of two samples taken in similar conditions to get a rough view of what happens with the subs. If the WoD sample was also for the number of actives for the same time period give or take, the reasoning would have worked. But since it wasn't, this ended up comparing apples and oranges as I said.

Thanks for doing the stats and apologies for me not checking things more thoroughly before making a post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Disregard the post, it ended up comparing apples to oranges due to my mistake. Apologies.
    Closing this then.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."