Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Need help for a PC (~700 - 800 euros) in the Netherlands

Hello everyone

I am a newbie in the field. I am looking something like this one: shinobee Ultra 8 Core GTX1060 16GB Windows 10 (amazon.de)

Amazon.de is selling it at 799 euros.

Here is the specs (in German, but I think it is understandable for English - speakers).

Ausstattung:

Prozessor: AMD Octa-Core FX 8370E, 8Kerne, 4.3GHz Turbo (3300 MHz ohne Last, bis zu 4300 MHz mit Last durch die AMD Boost Technik)

Mainboard: AMD Sockel AM3+ (1 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 1 x PCI, 4 x SATA 3Gb/s, 2 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse, 1xDVI, 1xD-Sub, 1 x GBIT-LAN, 2x USB 3.0, 4xUSB 2.0, 3xAudio jack)

Arbeitsspeicher: 16 GB DDR3 RAM (Dual Channel)

SSD: 128GB, >500MB/s schnell, Windows und Anwendungen starten in wenigen Sekunden

Festplatte: 2000 GB SATA II HDD

DVD-Brenner: 22x Dual Layer Multiformat DVD-Brenner (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD±R, DVD±RW, DVD+R9 (DL))

3D-Grafikkarte: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB DDR5, DirectX® 12, VGA, DVI, HDMI (Leistungswerte siehe Bilder)

Gehäuse: Sharkoon Gaming Midi Tower (H: 40cm x B: 17cm x T: 43cm), Seitenteile einzeln abnehmbar, Farbe schwarz

USB: ja, 6x, davon 2x Front USB und 2x USB 3.0 hinten

Netzwerk: 10/100/1000 MBit/s Ethernet LAN, DSL fähig

Sound: integrierter OnBoard 5.1 Controller, HD Audio

Netzteil: 400 Watt 12cm Super-Silent Netzteil

Betriebssystem: Original Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit (komplett mit Treibern installiert und bereits aktiviert)

Office: Libre Office Paket Vollversion (voll Word und Excel kompatibel)

Virenscanner und Internetschutz: GData Internet Security (neueste Version) Vollversion, inkl. 1/2 Jahr Updates

Is it a good deal. If I buy the stuffs by myself in Netherlands (from tweakers.net for instance), can it be cheaper? I don't need Windows in fact - I can install it by myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure about going for an FX series AMD CPU at this point, not when Ryzen is on the market as well a LOT of better options from Intel side. The FX series is such an outdated CPU's, they really aren't worth it and might bottleneck.

What will you be using your computer for?

Edit:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/8QRJ7P

This is just an example, a computer for 813$
    It's much more futureproof'ed than the one you're looking at, now I just picked the first one I found around the same price class. But it's got a 6 core 12 threads CPU, which is still quite new, came out this year. A 980ti, much faster RAM (DDR4, 2400, instead of the DDR3 that works on the FX series), a great SSD, etc.

It even comes in cheaper than the one you're looking at. 800 EUR =942.519 USD
    Last edited by KingSapmi; 2017-10-10 at 09:09 AM.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Deleted
    Thanks for that. I do not understand in the configuration you gave, the guy bought "PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory" at 65$ - not sure if it is realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

I built this one at AZERTY

azerty. nl/basket/?code=YToxMTp7aToxNjIxNDAwO2k6MTtpOjc0NTMxMTtpOjE7aToxODczOTc7aToxO2k6MTQyNDkzMjtpOjE7aTox ODc3NDQ7aToxO2k6Mzk1MjM0O2k6MTtpOjM2NjUwO2k6MTtpOjIwNzAyO2k6MTtpOjE2MjQzNDY7aToxO2k6NTMzNz Q7aToxO2k6MTYyMDM5NTtpOjE7fQ==

Sorry I could not post an URL.

Do you have any comments?
    Last edited by mmocae4b10fb54; 2017-10-10 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by summablade2017 View Post
    Thanks for that. I do not understand in the configuration you gave, the guy bought "PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory" at 65$ - not sure if it is realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

azerty. nl/basket/?code=YToxMTp7aToxNjIxNDAwO2k6MTtpOjc0NTMxMTtpOjE7aToxODczOTc7aToxO2k6MTQyNDkzMjtpOjE7aTox ODc3NDQ7aToxO2k6Mzk1MjM0O2k6MTtpOjM2NjUwO2k6MTtpOjIwNzAyO2k6MTtpOjE2MjQzNDY7aToxO2k6NTMzNz Q7aToxO2k6MTYyMDM5NTtpOjE7fQ==

Sorry I could not post an URL.

Do you have any comments?
    Get a bigger SSD, you will regret it.

Start with 8GB RAM if you are on a budget, buy the other 8 in the future.

If the PC is for WoW, its fine, although R5 1600X would be a better choice, higher clocked= better experience for WoW.

Could do with a better PSU, Corsair VS is a budget series.

Deleted
    i'm not up-to-date on specs and can't advice you on that, but if at all possible... DO NOT ORDER AT AZERTY. Really, don't. It will only give you a headache (terrible with their return policy, faulty hardware, broken promises, delivery taking a lot longer than stated, etc). Really not worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    i'm not up-to-date on specs and can't advice you on that, but if at all possible... DO NOT ORDER AT AZERTY. Really, don't. It will only give you a headache (terrible with their return policy, faulty hardware, broken promises, delivery taking a lot longer than stated, etc). Really not worth it.
    The FX-8370 is a 32nm CPU that runs at 125W, it's from the Bulldozer series, back in 2011. Amd recently released (2017) a new series of CPU's named "Ryzen", which is a 14nm series of CPU that run's at 65 - 95W. The ones he's looking at is getting quite aged, and not in a very good way compared to what is available on the current market, both in wattage use, the new XFR system, the amount of threads and cores available.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had problems with azerty.
    Bought parts there to build 2 game pcs. had a faulty gpu and could send it back and get a new one in return!

U could also check tweakers.nl they got a few selfbuilds over there!@ https://tweakers.net/serie/1336/best-buy-guide/reviews/
    Last edited by Catalystics; 2017-10-10 at 10:57 AM.
    The Monk Phenomenon

If you want a pre-built computer, and assuming you mostly play wow, something like:
    https://www.amazon.de/i5-7500-Instal...167368031&th=1

Should more than do the job for you. The ryzen system will be better at multitasking and is on a living platform (you can easily upgrade it in the future). All 7th gen intels are on a dead platform. (They still work great but you wont be able to upgrade the cpu w/o replacing the MoBo). If you look to eventually replace the whole pc in 4-6 years, it wont make much of a difference which way you go. Just as a side note, the more programs you have running on the intel i5, the slower things may run as it only has 4 cores vs the 6 cores 12 threads of the ryzen.

But alas, this all comes with the caveat of me not knowing the non-US market and what brands are trustworthy or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HasturKingInYellow View Post
    The FX-8370 is a 32nm CPU that runs at 125W, it's from the Bulldozer series, back in 2011. Amd recently released (2017) a new series of CPU's named "Ryzen", which is a 14nm series of CPU that run's at 65 - 95W. The ones he's looking at is getting quite aged, and not in a very good way compared to what is available on the current market, both in wattage use, the new XFR system, the amount of threads and cores available.

Could you check my AZERTY link. I switched to Ryzen CPU.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, could you tell me what devices I will need (screwdrivers, etc.) to build a PC by myself? Can I just assembly all the stuffs with my hand?

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking to this one

amazon . de / gp/product/B06ZYL7S49/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2TH2JMBZZVSOH&psc=1

It has Ryzen 1400X with 1050Ti. No SSD and only 8GB of RAM but I can upgrade by myself.

Could you check my AZERTY link. I switched to Ryzen CPU.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, could you tell me what devices I will need (screwdrivers, etc.) to build a PC by myself? Can I just assembly all the stuffs with my hand?

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking to this one

amazon . de / gp/product/B06ZYL7S49/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2TH2JMBZZVSOH&psc=1

It has Ryzen 1400X with 1050Ti. No SSD and only 8GB of RAM but I can upgrade by myself.
    That computer isnt bad. Just realize, you will never get above 2133mhz on the RAM. The motherboard is an A320 which means you can not overclock the RAM nor the CPU. Ryzen likes faster RAM, but its still only a small gain (10-12%) with faster ram. Not being able to overclock the CPU is going to hurt more. If you do decide on this, RAM may have another issue. I would not be surprised if this has 2 4gb sticks installed. If it does, you will need to buy 2 8GB sticks as the motherboard only has 2 DIMM slots.

If you decide to build, you should only need a magnetic tip Phillips head screwdriver. If you get a little computer repair kit (they usually cost around 25) it will have most if anything you will need to build it. The screwdriver does not need to be magnetic but it certainly helps with screws.
    Last edited by teamkiller; 2017-10-10 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Hi

So what store you will suggest me in the Netherlands?

- - - Updated - - -

After few modifications I came up with:

azerty .nl/basket/code=YToxMjp7aTo3NDUzMTE7aToxO2k6MTg3NzQ0O2k6MTtpOjIwNzAyO2k6MTtpOjE2MjQzNDY7aToxO2k6NTMzN zQ7aToxO2k6MTYyMDM5NTtpOjE7aToyNjA3OTtpOjE7aToyMjEyODIxO2k6MTtpOjE2MjE0MDE7aToxO2k6MTg3Mzk xO2k6MTtpOjI5MzAwO2k6MTtpOjM4NDI0NDtpOjE7fQ==

But I realized that I did not include CPU fan. Is it a problem?

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't actually open that basket and tell you.

As far as Dutch webshops go... Most of them do as is, I've used Azerty in the past and had only ever had 1 issue with them with a weird PSU issue they couldn't find and continually happened with me.
    They however simply sent me a new PSU immediately and all was well.

That said considering who I am I generally just order at the cheapest store, which is often SiComputers.
    And deal with any possible issues myself.

So why don't you type out what you have selected, I'll have a look.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    I can't actually open that basket and tell you.

As far as Dutch webshops go... Most of them do as is, I've used Azerty in the past and had only ever had 1 issue with them with a weird PSU issue they couldn't find and continually happened with me.
    They however simply sent me a new PSU immediately and all was well.

That said considering who I am I generally just order at the cheapest store, which is often SiComputers.
    And deal with any possible issues myself.

So why don't you type out what you have selected, I'll have a look.
    Hello

Sorry that I did not have enough posts to share an URL

Here is my newest one on tweakers

tweakers. net/gallery/981575/wenslijst/?wish_id=1448331

You can post the text above, remove the space between "tweakers." and "net" and it should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the text version:

1. AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Boxed Wraith Spire Cooler

2. Mainboard: ASRock A320M-DGS

3. GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 3G

4. HDD: WD Blue WD20EZRZ, 2TB

5. SSD: Intel 540s M.2 256GB

6. Case: Zalman T2 Plus (just a normal one I think, no fancy LED or something like that)

7. Wifi adapter: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (in fact, I am not sure about this one. It uses also M.2 interface, so can I use this along with SSD that also uses M.2?)

8. Case fan: be quiet! Pure Wings 2, 140mm

9. RAM: Team Group Dark TDGED416G2400HC14DC01 (2x8GB 2400Mhz)

10. PSU: Antec VP450P

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello

You can post the text above, remove the space between "tweakers." and "net" and it should be fine.
    Yeah .. what I meant with that was that I copy/pasted it like that and the Azerty site told me it was empty, so I couldn't comment on it regardless.
    This one on the other hand works fine.

6. Case: Zalman T2 Plus (just a normal one I think, no fancy LED or something like that)
    7. Wifi adapter: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (in fact, I am not sure about this one. It uses also M.2 interface, so can I use this along with SSD that also uses M.2?)
    Before I comment on any of the specs above ... do you have an old PC of which parts could be cannibalized to serve in the new rig?

Also point 7:
    No, not with that mainboard, also you'd have to draw 2 antenna cables from the card to the back with a self-made PCI bracket to antennas at the back.
    Not to mention that your selected motherboard only has 1 M.2 slot and since you have also selected an SSD you wouldn't be able to use 1 or the other.
    Simply put it's either better buying a PCIe card for this feature or buy a mobo with it integrated.

The rest could be doable but like I said before I make comments to change anything I'd like to know of anything can be cannibalized from an older build or not.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."

Hello

- - - Updated - - -

If these are parks you picked out i highly suggest getting at least a b350 motherboard instead of an a320. Having the option to put in a mild overclock is nice. The b350 is maybe 10$ more than an a320. Don't gimp yourself on a motherboard. If you go to upgrade in the future, this may be important.

As for GPU, You case will fit at least a 250mm GPU. Most dual fan 1060's are smaller than that. I don't think you need to go to a m-itx card, and you may be paying a premium for less cooling (in some cases, this can actually affect performance.)

Wifi- This does not make much of a difference, you can just get a usb 3.0 external adapter. The speeds wont suffer at all. If you still want to get this, you will need to get a normal SSD as the motherboard you have selected only has one m.2 slot, or you will need an expansion card an a full ATX motherboard as the GPU will eat up your PCI-E ports.

Also, based on the spec sheet of the Z2 (case), you will not be able to use that 140mm fan, you will need to get a 120mm fan as it does not have the mounting spots for a 140mm.

The fan that comes with the Ryzen 1600 is more than enough for cooling up to an overclock of 3.8 on all cores, i would not worry about buying an aftermarket cpu cooler. (just in case this is on your mind) However, if you opt for the 1600x, you will need to buy a cooler.

Now that im looking at this, if you really dont want to mess with overclocking, i suggest getting a ryzen 1500x over the 1600. Its cheaper, better for gaming at out-of-the-box speeds, also comes with the same cooler, and you can keep the A320 motherboard(again i advise against getting the a320, but budget constraints can force you into a corner)

Deleted
    Yeah .. what I meant with that was that I copy/pasted it like that and the Azerty site told me it was empty, so I couldn't comment on it regardless.
    This one on the other hand works fine.

Before I comment on any of the specs above ... do you have an old PC of which parts could be cannibalized to serve in the new rig?

Also point 7:
    No, not with that mainboard, also you'd have to draw 2 antenna cables from the card to the back with a self-made PCI bracket to antennas at the back.
    Not to mention that your selected motherboard only has 1 M.2 slot and since you have also selected an SSD you wouldn't be able to use 1 or the other.
    Simply put it's either better buying a PCIe card for this feature or buy a mobo with it integrated.

The rest could be doable but like I said before I make comments to change anything I'd like to know of anything can be cannibalized from an older build or not.

Hi, thanks for that.

1. I have no old PC, so nothing can be reused.

2. Regarding the Wifi, can I change to that one?

tweakers. net/pricewatch/340462/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-plus-bluetooth.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teamkiller View Post
    If these are parks you picked out i highly suggest getting at least a b350 motherboard instead of an a320. Having the option to put in a mild overclock is nice. The b350 is maybe 10$ more than an a320. Don't gimp yourself on a motherboard. If you go to upgrade in the future, this may be important.

As for GPU, You case will fit at least a 250mm GPU. Most dual fan 1060's are smaller than that. I don't think you need to go to a m-itx card, and you may be paying a premium for less cooling (in some cases, this can actually affect performance.)

Wifi- This does not make much of a difference, you can just get a usb 3.0 external adapter. The speeds wont suffer at all. If you still want to get this, you will need to get a normal SSD as the motherboard you have selected only has one m.2 slot, or you will need an expansion card an a full ATX motherboard as the GPU will eat up your PCI-E ports.

Also, based on the spec sheet of the Z2 (case), you will not be able to use that 140mm fan, you will need to get a 120mm fan as it does not have the mounting spots for a 140mm.

The fan that comes with the Ryzen 1600 is more than enough for cooling up to an overclock of 3.8 on all cores, i would not worry about buying an aftermarket cpu cooler. (just in case this is on your mind) However, if you opt for the 1600x, you will need to buy a cooler.

Now that im looking at this, if you really dont want to mess with overclocking, i suggest getting a ryzen 1500x over the 1600. Its cheaper, better for gaming at out-of-the-box speeds, also comes with the same cooler, and you can keep the A320 motherboard(again i advise against getting the a320, but budget constraints can force you into a corner)
    Wow, thanks a lot. You gave me a lot of insights.

In fact I am changing the motherboard, because I will need HDMI outputs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your comments. I made some modifications:

tweakers. net/gallery/981575/wenslijst/

I changed to Ryzen 1500X, fan 12 cm, the above Wifi adapter, change the SSD from M.2 to the SATA one (WD brand).

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi, thanks for that.

1. I have no old PC, so nothing can be reused.

2. Regarding the Wifi, can I change to that one?

tweakers. net/pricewatch/340462/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-plus-bluetooth.html
    Alright .. no old PC thus no re-use.

Regarding WiFi: Nope, you'll need a PCIe version with brackets to support WiFi on motherboards.

That said ... considering your budget and everything that you need... would it perhaps not be an acceptable idea for you to go for 2nd hand parts/system?
    This would allow you to get the same system performance for less money in general even if using slightly older components.

I mean the system in general will work but it is a mix-match of cheap stuff, but if you want new gear then for the budget you're in I'd recommend the following and it may be a little over but you'll be off better than what you had planned by far:

1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Boxed Wraith Spire Cooler
    2. Mainboard: ASUS Prime B350-Plus
    3. GFX: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB AMP Core Edition
    4. HDD: WD Blue WD10EZEX, 1TB
    5. SSD: Crucial MX300 m.2 275GB
    6. Case: Corsair Carbide 200R Closed
    7. Wifi adapter: Gigabyte WB867D-I
    8. Case fan: Corsair Carbide 200R 120MM Fan
    9. RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2C8G4D240FSB
    10. PSU: Corsair VS550

This brings up the overall quality of all components CONSIDERABLY whilst also maintaining a balance.
    The Case Fan f.ex. is the case fan used in my linked case so you maintain an equilibrium with airflow for having the same fans.

You want your first build to be a pleasant one, not a cheap PITA one.

Edit:
    In response to above post... you won't be using your motherboard for video output at all, only the graphics card's outputs.
    The outputs on the motherboards are for the upcoming Ryzen APUs, not yet really released.

Deleted
    Hi

In general I have no problem with 2nd stuffs, but how can I find it in the Netherlands?

I only know open-market.nl, but there is not many stuffs there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi

In general I have no problem with 2nd stuffs, but how can I find it in the Netherlands?

I only know open-market.nl, but there is not many stuffs there.
    https://tweakers.net/aanbod/#highlightCat:932

You're looking at it on Tweakers.net

Alright .. no old PC thus no re-use.

Regarding WiFi: Nope, you'll need a PCIe version with brackets to support WiFi on motherboards.

That said ... considering your budget and everything that you need... would it perhaps not be an acceptable idea for you to go for 2nd hand parts/system?
    This would allow you to get the same system performance for less money in general even if using slightly older components.

I mean the system in general will work but it is a mix-match of cheap stuff, but if you want new gear then for the budget you're in I'd recommend the following and it may be a little over but you'll be off better than what you had planned by far:

1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Boxed Wraith Spire Cooler
    2. Mainboard: ASUS Prime B350-Plus
    3. GFX: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB AMP Core Edition
    4. HDD: WD Blue WD10EZEX, 1TB
    5. SSD: Crucial MX300 m.2 275GB
    6. Case: Corsair Carbide 200R Closed
    7. Wifi adapter: Gigabyte WB867D-I
    8. Case fan: Corsair Carbide 200R 120MM Fan
    9. RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2C8G4D240FSB
    10. PSU: Corsair VS550

This brings up the overall quality of all components CONSIDERABLY whilst also maintaining a balance.
    The Case Fan f.ex. is the case fan used in my linked case so you maintain an equilibrium with airflow for having the same fans.

You want your first build to be a pleasant one, not a cheap PITA one.

Edit:
    In response to above post... you won't be using your motherboard for video output at all, only the graphics card's outputs.
    The outputs on the motherboards are for the upcoming Ryzen APUs, not yet really released.
    This is a super solid build, makes up in a lot of places your build was lacking!