Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    San Pedro, Belize. Absolutely beautiful, very little language barrier, not too expensive, small town feel (most people drive golf carts around town), wonderful weather (barrier reef protects from most hurricanes). The people are also so lovely down there, very friendly.
    Was looking at Belize as a possibility too, getting too old to keep butting heads with the language barriers. Ireland and Scotland have potential, wouldn't mind having an EU passport for traveling around.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    This is the Internet. Someone is always pulling something out of their ass. In this case, however, it is an actual quote. Here ya go! With video!
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...fe-world-stage
    LOL... that is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Was looking at Belize as a possibility too, getting too old to keep butting heads with the language barriers. Ireland and Scotland have potential, wouldn't mind having an EU passport for traveling around.
    Belize was formerly a British colony (it was was known as British Honduras) so a huge portion of the population (and when I say huge, the whole country has a permanent population of like 350k people, the largest city being Belize City at like 52k) speaks English. When my family was looking at a vacation in Central America, I suggested Belize specifically because they spoke English, because I don't speak Spanish. You get the flavor of the culture down there, you get both the cool aspects of being close to Mayan ruins and the jungle as well as the beaches and water.

If you do ever consider going down as a "test run", I would suggest staying in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye and also at the Sleeping Giant resort in the middle of the country, out in the jungle area, near San Ignacio. If you like the outdoors (like going hiking or whatever), it has basically everything.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I've set my sights on Lugano, Switzerland.

Not that I think I will be able to afford that, but it's something to dream about.
    was on holiday in Cassina d'Agno, situated down the Via Cantonale from Lugano to Ponte Tresa. if you cannot afford Lugano itself, try the villages.
    and yes, palms in switzerland are a real thing.

Malaysia, Vietnam or Thailand would be nice.

We are looking at North Carolina or Arizona.

Costa Rica or Hawaii

When we were younger, as in 1990, Bali, nead Ubud. We even built a house there. Now we don't know.

Last edited by Rasulis; 2017-10-11 at 03:41 AM.

probably southern california
    florida all ready has enough old people in it for me to want to retire there like the rest of the north eastern usa

on a side note, i wouldnt mind retiring out of the country

I was eyeing Estes Park or Gunnison areas

Granted gunnison might be a bit to much like boulder for my tastes

A peaceful quiet mountain town with a nice community.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Retire means no money to survive. When I retire I won't have the money to live, let alone travel anywhere else to do so.

Right here where I am is fine (Brisbane AU), close to shops, fast internet, small place. Not too noisy, not too quiet.
    re·tire
    rəˈtī(ə)r/Submit
    verb
    leave one's job and cease to work, typically upon reaching the normal age for leaving employment.
    "he retired from the navy in 1966"
    synonyms: give up work, stop working, stop work; More
    withdraw to or from a particular place.
    "she retired into the bathroom with her toothbrush"
    synonyms: withdraw, go away, take oneself off, decamp, shut oneself away; formalrepair; literarybetake oneself
    "Gillian retired to her office"
    This is what "retire" means, not what you said.

Malta perhaps.

Colorado, not in the mountains though, damn forest fires.