Deleted

enhancement shaman questions, and help needed :)

Greetins fellow MMO champions.
    I play enh shammy at the moment, just casual - play mostly mythic dungs around 10-15. Maybe a few pug raids.
    During TOS I hardcore raided as resto so picked up a few items here and there, but since I mosly play with friends I switched to enh.

So iam wondering what kind of caps in my stats I should look at.

I have alot of gear so I can mix around, but the gear I use the most I land around
    Ilvl 926
    crit : 26%
    haste : 33%
    Mastery : 75%
    vers : 5%

My build is a :
    Landslide -FL -LST -AS - Tempest - Crashing storm and ASC build.
    Do have 4 set bonus for t20 if avaliable but moslty only use 2 set items for the 5% crit buff with crashed lightning.
    Can sometimes, depends on dungeon switch to Earth spike, but I do love the burn during ASC

But as I mentioned I can mix around, so I am asking you what you think I should stack more. Or does it look good now ?
    More haste? Or whats the haste cap at ?

Also recommendations for trinkets.

What are your trinkets? What are your legendaries?
    Why wouldnt you use 4 piece of t20? It heavily buffs Cleave/AoE quite a bit. Also Fury of Air would be a decent enough talent when you use 4pc.
    Earthen Spike and Ascendance are pretty close and it comes down mostly to boss kill timers and tactics. Ascendance is heavier on the burst side while Spike is pretty good for overall damage. Good usage of both will net you a lot and its basically just what you prefer more.
    Your Mastery is pretty high, should probably aim to get more haste though and maybe even reach 50% for the 3rd breakpoint that gives you another Stormstrike/Windstrike during Doom Winds/Ascendance. I dont have it in my head right now so this might be wrong, but I think the breakpoints for haste were 25, 35 and 50%.

Trinketwise, there are a loot of good ones that can help increase damage. Haste statstick, Mastery statstick (more AoE based), high arcanocrystal and bloodthirsty instinct... a relatively good list for this would be wordups trinket list based on Eye of the Twisting Nether and Smoldering Heart and Landslide/AS/Temp/FoA/ES builds with full netherlight crucible (theoretically, it should still just show how powerful some of the trinkets can be with the right setup and of course it is just sims)
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    As far as I can tell we have no real stat caps. Just give mastery and haste priority. If needed use stat weights or, sigh... sims if you need an artificially generated number to make a decision.

I recommend reading Icy veins guide for a basic guideline and then pick talents based on how you feel about each.

Finally, if you don´t have any enh legendaries yet then I say you can stick to icy veins build until you can dial it in when you get some of the best legendary items.

If you are running lots of 10+ mythics then trinkets can be a hassle to pick. Some dungeon trinkets become really viable at 920+ ilvl so there are so many choices that it becomes really hard to pick one. In moments like this, trusting the number pooped by a sim can be a nice way to convince yourself to make the "right" choice.
    Why you hate Sims so much lol? Only way to reliably check which is better. I get it, Sims are perfect world, but it gets the closest to actual numbers.

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

Ok I gotcha. That definitely makes sense. I do agree that the answer of "just sim yourself" is pretty annoying when people just want an option or a reason why other than some program telling you what is what. I mean I trust sims pretty well, but I do agree that sometimes I take a piece of gear I think is better regardless of sim.

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    The thing I don´t like about sims is that people tend to brandish their results as unequivocal ultimate answers to everything under any and all situations. Now I dont mean sims are all bad, often what I end up saying is: if what you need to convince yourself that you made the "right" choice is a sim, then do it.

Also when someone makes a thread about a gear, talents or rotations then someone almost every time comes and says "sim yourself". Which, to be honest, is a lazy catch all answer. I take it when you go to a forum and make a thread its because you at least would like to read some reasonable answers and maybe understand what goes into making a choice. If you go and say "sim it" you are more or less adding nothing to the conversation.

Lastly I think, for the average player (and totally for myself) sims are a sort of Black Box that you just have to trust is doing what it claims well. I rather make a desicion over critically thinking about a piece of gear rather than just grab a number that came out of a sim.

But in the end I keep in mind 2 things:

1. We all have make a decision, wether is by runing a sim, using stat weights or common sence and in the long run the difference between all this approaches are dismissable for 99.9% of the players.

2. The sim might be a perfect rendition of reality but I am totally fallible and I rather pick something I feel confortable with over something that sims a bit higher but I dont like.
    I can't help but laugh at your stubbornness.
    You sitting there and trying to "critically think" yourself about what choice to make in terms of gear (specifically, sometimes talents are just preference) is going to one, take longer than it would to just sim it and see where your dps goes and where your stat weights go. And two...will simply just not be accurate as simming to get stat weights. If you prefer to take MORE time trying to figure out what piece of gear you should wear, and being sub optimal (which to me, reflects the type of person you are in real life as well) then by all means be stubborn and be against sims. But it takes a few minutes and little to no effort to sim and simply get stat weights and then make your decision, but hey if your attitude in life is that participation awards are acceptable and you dont want to perform to the best of your ability, then by all means continue being stubborn.