Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I looked into UK

Apparently we have unisex scouts since the late 70s aswell as girl only guides

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why can't gay people?
    Religious reasons.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Both sexes go through puberty, but only females go through menses after puberty until menopause, which requires more logistics and planning and resources by and for females which is why males are able to outperform females quicker with less resources, that's all.
    I didn't recognize the word menses - we use a different word. I figured that's what you meant though. I agree, too.

Actually

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scout_Association

From 1912 to 1967 the association's name was The Boy Scouts Association and until 1976 only boys were admitted to its programmes. In 1976, girls were allowed to join the Venture Scouts section for 16- to 20-year-olds.[12] This expanded to all the association's programme sections in 1991, although the admission of girls was optional and has only been compulsory since 2007. .[12] Girls now make up 25% of participants with a total of 94,366 female participants aged between 6 and 25 and a further 50,600 women involved in volunteer roles (being more than 1 adult female for every 2 female young people).2014 Annual Report (Report). The Scout Association. 2014. The Scout Association's activities and adult leadership positions are open to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans-sexual and other (LGBT+) communities.
    So? It's over 40 years in most of the west, and 60 in most of the eastern european countries.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I really don't see the point. Girl Scouts is already a thing. If they are interested in more activities than is currently offered by the Girl Scouts then perhaps they should look into expanding the offerings from the Girl Scouts. Are both the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts going away to form something new, or are both going to continue to exist in some sort of strange amalgamation? I just don't get it.
    As mentioned above, the Girl Scouts don't have nearly the same resources or breadth of activities that the Boy Scouts offer. I can't see them combining the two because the structures are so different. While similarly names, they aren't similarly run and don't stem from the same "parent" organization, if that makes sense. And the Boy Scouts already allow girls/women into their other Scout programs. This is just another good step forward in joining the rest of the developed nations. Gives me hope for all the other bullshit we're going through here in the U.S.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    This is an idea I can get behind.
    Wouldn't work. Completely different organizations, despite similar names.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Man, love the double standards. I love how it's another "men, having your own thing is sexist, so let women have theirs and yours". Fuck this idiocy, and fuck those that support it.
    We could just fuck the people who are too fucking stupid to understand the situation. That would be easier. Other than ignorance, is there anything else you can contribute to this conversation?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that was what the Girl Scouts was for...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see the point. Girl Scouts is already a thing. If they are interested in more activities than is currently offered by the Girl Scouts then perhaps they should look into expanding the offerings from the Girl Scouts. Are both the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts going away to form something new, or are both going to continue to exist in some sort of strange amalgamation? I just don't get it.
    Separate But Equal! Amirite guys?!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So we have Girl Scouts and then we have Gender Neutral Scouts...... do Boys get to have their own thing or is that not allowed in CURRENT_YEAR!?
    I'm fairly certain if boys wanted to join the girl scouts, they wouldnt have bigger obstacles than girls joining the boy scouts

Instead of boy/girl scouts, just make it cub scouts and invite anyone.

I thought Girl Guides were the female equivalent?
    to sum it up its camping vs homemaking as the differences between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It doesn't make any sense since girl scouts exist.
    The "Girl Scouts" program is entirely different. It isn't remotely similar.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Can boys join the girl scouts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why not just combine Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts then?
    They both do different things. You need like an outdoor club and then w/e the Girl Scouts do. Really have no idea outside of selling overpriced cookies. At least the cookies are good the Boy scouts just hawk shitty stale popcorn, that is likewise over priced.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I have no real problem with this. This will surely piss off the old people, but I've already talked to two Eagle Scouts, and both of them are perfectly fine with it. One even said he hopes his daughter chooses to become an Eagle Scout.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    As mentioned above, the Girl Scouts don't have nearly the same resources or breadth of activities that the Boy Scouts offer. I can't see them combining the two because the structures are so different. While similarly names, they aren't similarly run and don't stem from the same "parent" organization, if that makes sense. And the Boy Scouts already allow girls/women into their other Scout programs. This is just another good step forward in joining the rest of the developed nations. Gives me hope for all the other bullshit we're going through here in the U.S.
    Like I said they can expand the offerings in the Girl Scouts to match whatever activities are being offered by the Boy Scouts assuming there is enough interest to justify it. Resources can be made available if the interest is there, but I have my doubts that it is to any significant level. Frankly, I'm not interested in making changes just because other countries have done so. The rest of the developed nations seem to ignore that there are differences between the sexes and people in general. I just don't see the point in pushing everyone together in all things. Sometimes its nice to have something just for girls or just for guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoiskate View Post
    so combine the girl scouts and boy scouts into just the scouts of america? simple fix, but i'm sure some people will be up in arms over this.
    They aren't the same thing. They could find a way, but outside of a similar name they don't have much else in common.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

This part is the best!
    "The Girl Scouts of the USA criticized the initiative, saying it strained the century-old bond between the two organizations. Girl Scout officials have suggested the BSA's move was driven partly by financial problems and a need to boost revenue.
    In August, the president of the Girl Scouts accused the Boy Scouts of seeking to covertly recruit girls into their programs while disparaging the Girl Scouts' operations.
    "I formally request that your organization stay focused on serving the 90 percent of American boys not currently participating in Boy Scouts ... and not consider expanding to recruit girls," wrote GSUSA President Kathy Hopinkah Hannan in a letter to the BSA's president, AT&T Chairman Randall Stephenson."-AP

The girls want to do the boys stuff all the time and equality yada yada yada but when then Boy Scouts "ok come on in!" The girls are all NOOOOOO!!!! So the only way to have equality is to batter down someones doors and make them look like the enemy but if they invite you in it's all Admiral Akbar? (It's a trap!)

That grinds my gears.

As a kid I was in Indian Guides, part of the reason my parents chose that was it was family inclusive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YMCA#P...ild_programmes As a result my family and I went on tons of huge multi family camping trips and other cool events.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like I said they can expand the offerings in the Girl Scouts to match whatever activities are being offered by the Boy Scouts assuming there is enough interest to justify it. Resources can be made available if the interest is there, but I have my doubts that it is to any significant level. Frankly, I'm not interested in making changes just because other countries have done so. The rest of the developed nations seem to ignore that there are differences between the sexes and people in general. I just don't see the point in pushing everyone together in all things. Sometimes its nice to have something just for girls or just for guys.
    But they aren't making the changes to be like other nations. They are making the changes because of what girls and boys want here in the U.S. The article was pretty clear that there is significant interest from girls in joining the Boy Scouts and taking advantage of what they have to offer.

Moreover, you can't just say, "well if the girls want it, offer it". Doing something like that takes enormous resources, time, effort, MONEY - that just isn't available. And why even bother duplicating efforts if the programs already exist in another organization. I wasn't saying that this was good for us JUST because we'll be like other nations. This is good for the U.S. for any number of categorical reasons.

And what a lot of people don't realize is that the Boy Scouts offer the whole package. Camping, arts/crafts, homemaking skills (sewing merit badge, cooking, etc), civic duty, community development - all of it - along with a breadth of other areas that the Girl Scouts don't offer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The "Girl Scouts" program is entirely different. It isn't remotely similar.
    Then expand the girl scouts instead of doing this? Because this is just gonna get the girls bullied out of the group for """""""""""progress""""""""""

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Do you know the difference between girl scouts and boy scouts?

Boy scouts goes into the woods and learns survival skills, girl scouts' learn to bake cupcakes and be good wives. That's not the society we live anymore, that is why they are combining them.

Try to be aware of the situation before you go crying doom.
    To further bolster your point, the Boy Scouts also offer all the "homemaking" skills, too. So it's the full package for both girls and boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Then expand the girl scouts instead of doing this? Because this is just gonna get the girls bullied out of the group for """""""""""progress""""""""""
    No, it won't. And "expanding the girl scouts" isn't really an option. They don't have the resources.