Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, we can be thankful that she isn't working in the food service industry. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Where was the racism in this case?
    There isn't one..... Someone choose to play the "race card". If a person not of her "race" was in the same situation they'd been told the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Here are the braids in question.

Her hair does look kind of ratty at the bottom. I also like how she had to point out the two peoples race as if that had anything to do with her hair.
    Their race doesn't have anything to do with her hair? How are they suppose to know that she is doing braids to protect her hair because of her hair texture when they have an entirely different hair texture so they're ignorant of what it takes to upkeep the type of hair they do not have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Looks pretty ghetto-fab to me.

What's wrong with this? having long hair braided makes you now ghetto? Then again I wouldn't expect nothing less from a poster who messages people calling them niggers.

I fucking hate braided hair, but you'd have to be a retard to suggest that hair doesn't look tidy / well kept.

I've seen some people suggest it may have stank, but you people have somehow forgot that perfume has been around for hundreds of years. People. fucking. stink. We mask it with shit all the time. If you aren't, that isn't the fault of the hair - thats the fault of the person not being self aware enough to hide their body odour.

Honestly don't know where these people come from. If you work in retail you basically carry deo on you, or have it in your locker. Work in general is sweaty work - retail work where you're walking, lifting, carrying shit all day in tight uncomfortable clothing under the pressure of customer service is VERY sweaty work. Of course she didn't stink, she probably was caked in perfume.

I'm sure she'll be able to find a decent job at a smoke shop making minimum wage.

Her hair looks like it smells of patchouli and bad decisions.
    Nothing of value was lost

Manager was white, employee was black...New York...so of course the employee is right.
    Last edited by swisscheese; 2017-10-12 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

What's wrong with this? having long hair braided makes you now ghetto? Then again I wouldn't expect nothing less from a poster who messages people calling them niggers.
    Personally I think it looks kind of trashy.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they're loose, I can see that being an issue. Long, fake weaves just free-hanging have no place in a business environment. But if it just about the braids, well, that's a bit petty. And the people saying it's "racist" are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The problem is it's a lot of "small prices". Eventually you have to draw a line. Maybe it's hair, maybe it's something else. You start with smell, skin condition, makeup, hair, proper clothes, certain shoes, certain ways of speech, some stores even have workers change their name (for their nametag) if their birth name is "exotic". For 7 bucks an hour, there's a point where it's either "pay me more, or stop putting more requirements on me". Especially for women, the appearance requirements can be quite time consuming and expensive. But the conditions don't exist in our system for an employee to draw that line. An employer is more likely to fire them.

You can't make any sort of rational argument founded on "Do whatever your employer tells you, since the alternative it death."
    And yet, the "well, they have no choice because they have to work" argument isn't any better. You're not entitled to anything that belongs to someone else, regardless of the reason, ever. If you agree to take a company's money to do a specific job, you're obligated to that job. Period. The company has no obligation other fulfilling the agreement to pay you under the terms you agreed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Blatant racism?
    lol, hairstyle is a race?

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Because it fits @Tennisace shitty narrative of faux outrage.
    Pretty obvious this is a bait thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Did the employee objectively fall short of dress code standards?
    his wording was shit but that sort of shit in her hair would not fly in most places of employment. we have code strictly governing hair styles at my store and that shit wouldnt go.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Their race doesn't have anything to do with her hair? How are they suppose to know that she is doing braids to protect her hair because of her hair texture when they have an entirely different hair texture so they're ignorant of what it takes to upkeep the type of hair they do not have

- - - Updated - - -

I felt it was a justifiable response when you kept trying to argue that gangrape is forgivable because of mob mentality. I also don't want to debate your inability to understand the definition of forgivable in the instance you used it. You already made a thread and got thoroughly embarrassed about it already we don't need to revisit that. I also don't feel bad for what I said to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Honestly, i hate the look of braided hair too. But it's really not anyone's place to comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Honestly, i hate the look of braided hair too. But it's really not anyone's place to comment on it.
    If it were unkempt or otherwise not meeting with dress codes a manager ABSOLUTELY has a place to comment. Whether you read it or not you agree to it when you take the job.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    If it were unkempt or otherwise not meeting with dress codes a manager ABSOLUTELY has a place to comment. Whether you read it or not you agree to it when you take the job.
    pics don't look unkempt to me

or otherwise not meeting with dress codes
    Almost like there was a whole other, relevant part of that sentence. I don't know the dress code for BR, I don't know what the person looked like the day of. All I can say, is IF she was in violation of the dress code, the manager has EVERY reason and right to comment even send the employee home, I know this because I have DONE this.
    You agree to rules when you take the job, if you cannot adhere to them, you get in trouble.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    what is banana republic

- - - Updated - - -

braids n rasta hair is very dirty hair. not cool

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The thing is... the guy who got fired was only an employee too. So apparently he didn't agree to the terms of employment when he tried to tell other employees of whom he was the manager that they couldn't have braids.
    Or they didn't have a choice since this girl is making it all about race. If they didn't fire someone the whole company would be labeled as racist.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Nothing makes me feel better than hearing about a racist, privileged and egotistical pig get his comeuppance. Good on you girl.

White people should never feel comfortable to advise minorities what is socially deemed appropriate because they are speaking from a place of power and naivety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-braids.html

Haha. This manager thought this was acceptable in 2017 but she was wrong. Justice was served. Next time watch what you say!
    Ugh, this is a bullshit case. Fired for not liking someones hair? Should've been a warning, nothing more.

Now, if it was about racism, I could understand though the article doesn't mention so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Or they didn't have a choice since this girl is making it all about race. If they didn't fire someone the whole company would be labeled as racist.
    That is the problem now a days. We've come to a time and age where more and more are scared of actually saying something honest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Ugh, this is a bullshit case. Fired for not liking someones hair? Should've been a warning, nothing more.

Now, if it was about racism, I could understand though the article doesn't mention so.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the problem now a days. We've come to a time and age where more and more are scared of actually saying something honest.
    agreed. This had nothing to do with race until the girl went to social media with it. Now the company either fires one person or faces backlash of being called a racist company.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano