Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

How do you feel about the killing of Sally-Anne Jones?

The interesting thing about this story is that she appears to have been involved in activities outside of combat, but her use as a propaganda agent made her a high value target. Is it justified in these types of situations to use targeted killings of individuals who have not personally engaged in violence when dealing with non-state actors in a conflict that falls outside the traditional rules of war? Under such circumstances, should the UK assert the rights of its citizens, or should it disavow them as traitors? Will there be a bigger reaction to this specifically because she was a woman?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41593659

British IS recruiter Sally-Anne Jones was reportedly killed in a US drone strike in Syria, in June.

Jones, from Chatham in Kent, joined so-called Islamic State after converting to Islam and travelling to Syria in 2013.
    Her death was first reported by The Sun.
    Previously a punk musician, she had been used to recruit western girls to the group and posted threatening messages to Christians in the UK.

Jones, who was born in Greenwich, London, also encouraged individuals to carry out attacks in Britain, offering guidance on how to construct home-made bombs.

She used her Twitter account to provide practical advice on how to travel to Syria and shared pictures of herself posing with weapons.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Are people supposed to mourn the death of terrorist, just because she's white and blonde? Or what's the idea? Terrorist is gone, good I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    She picked the wrong side and paid the price. No sympathy here.

Recruiting for IS is as bad as attacking in person, and she was certainly doing that. By advocating attacks in the UK i'm sure she could have been criminally charged, seems strange to me that she was allowed to leave despite that in the first place.

Actually I don't feel anything about her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Are people supposed to mourn the death of terrorist, just because she's white and blonde? Or what's the idea? Terrorist is gone, good I say.
    I think it has to do with people tripping over themselves to defend the German girl that joined ISIS.

Deleted
    Join ISIS get splatted.

Lots of ISIS fighters are now fleeing and surrendering to the kurds. (because if they surrender to the Shia they will be outright killed). These people are fucking the biggest cunts going.

There should be a Nuremberg in Iraq and Syria for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until today, I had no idea who she was.

She joined the other side and died for it. Shit happens.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

This makes me happy tbh. I just hope they didnt accidently hit innocent civilians in their drone strike, that would be shamefull. Her death makes me happy but I prefer soldiers on the ground to reduce harm to civilians.

British IS recruiter
    Yup, justified.

In an ideal world I would prefer that she was captured and brought to trial but we don't live in an ideal world so I am not all that fussed.

Politics and trials happen when the war is over or you leave the battle, she didn't live that long.

Good stuff killing her.

10+ Year Old Account
    You join a military terrorist organization then you put yourself up for this shit, so NO no sympathy. She immediately became a target when she made the choice.

Actually let me revise just a little bit, I DO have SYMPATHY for the woman, because I would rather not be a monster, however she if she plotted a role in life to go to war with others, than like anything else you take ON, certain understandings, otherwise if you don't maybe she should have gotten the help she needed.

I mean war is war.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-12 at 01:27 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Just as much of IS scum as any other person, really. I couldn't care less of her death.

Should I feel sorry for some piece of garbage that associated itself with some grotesque group ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I think it has to do with people tripping over themselves to defend the German girl that joined ISIS.
    You mean people mocking Internet tough guys trying to prove how virile and edgy they are by advocating giving her as a sex slave to Irakis ?

Deleted
    Only thing of value that was lost was the missle. They aren't cheap

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You mean people mocking Internet tough guys trying to prove how virile and edgy they are by advocating giving her as a sex slave to Irakis ?
    I don't remember that. I remember "Let the Iraqis prosecute/kill her", "Don't ship her back" and "Death Sentence/Life Imprisonment on return".

Glad the bitch is dead!

I should feel sorry for her kid but i saw the video of him putting a moon roof into some poor guys cranium and will no doubt hate the west even more so i hope they got him too!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I read a bunch of that thread and I dont remember anyone advocating that. It was mainly "she did the crime in Iraq, she shoud be subject to the Iraqi law/justice system"