Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Executive order to gut the ACA possibly incoming?

Link here

Basically after multiple failed attempts at healthcare reform, Trump is looking to use an EO to cut the legs out from under the ACA in an attempt to make Republican healthcare plans more palatable, at the cost of lives and money from those who are on it already.

I'm full well expecting a federal court to put a hold on this immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has been threatening that ever since he got elected. It's already caused premiums to go up as a hedge against Trump doing what he said he would.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Trump isnt smart enough to write an order to stop something he can barely understand the text of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Trump has been threatening that ever since he got elected. It's already caused premiums to go up as a hedge against Trump doing what he said he would.
    We'll see. It's reported that he'll be signing it in today.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    No, Trump isnt smart enough to write an order to stop something he can barely understand the text of.
    He has other people to write things (like his book), he just gets to sign and try to not stick his tongue out while doing it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    He has other people to write things (like his book), he just gets to sign and try to not stick his tongue out while doing it.
    Nice thing is trying to gut the ACA via EO can be stopped and challenged by a federal court since he would be using executive powers to try to undermine a law passed by Congress themselves. It's just going to be interesting to see him try just to see how desperate he's really getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Nice thing is trying to gut the ACA via EO can be stopped and challenged by a federal court since he would be using executive powers to try to undermine a law passed by Congress themselves. It's just going to be interesting to see him try just to see how desperate he's really getting.
    But the threats alone, will continue to cause insurance costs to go up.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I even need to point out the frothing conservatives about Obama legislating through EOs?

No? Have we just given up on caring about their blatant hypocrisy?

And it's signed into effect.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/pres...nd-competition

Now to wait for the federal courts to do their thing. Gonna get some popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a tyrant! How dare he subvert the will of the people by legislating by EO! He's probably not even a citizen. Born in Kenya maybe? And Melania is really a man. Rabble rabble and so on.

10+ Year Old Account

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/pres...nd-competition

Now to wait for the federal courts to do their thing. Gonna get some popcorn.
    Naw, that's a different cluster fudge. That's where he's letting young healthy people without preexisting conditions opt out of the insurance pools and buy really high deductible catastrophic insurance from non insurance companies, thus increasing the cost for everyone else.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    This should be pretty simple for the courts to stop. The POTUS can't just change laws that were written by Congress.
    Eat yo vegetables

It's time to shit or get off the pot.

Either let the health insurance industry survive or die without government support, or kill it and implement socialized healthcare.

These half measures and partisan publicity EOs are just making the situation worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's time to shit or get off the pot.

Either let the health insurance industry survive or die without government support, or kill it and implement socialized healthcare.

These half measures and partisan publicity EOs are just making the situation worse.
    Sadly that's the point. Repeal efforts failed so he's pulling underhanded shit and hoping he can gut the system with EOs, and threats of such, long enough to make the system collapse. It's a complete executive overreach and he should be bucked on it by more than just the court system.

10+ Year Old Account
    we should turn attempts to end obamacare into a national pastime. every 2 weeks republicans take turns seeing who can come up with the best (worst) solution. which judge will take this on? easy publicity for their reelection.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    if this presidency has taught me anything, it's that executive orders can be overthrown in court.

I think part of that now also comes down to the fact that we now have an illegitimate justice aboard the supreme court should it get that far. (Along with a precedent far more dangerous than even the justice appointed).
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This should be pretty simple for the courts to stop. The POTUS can't just change laws that were written by Congress.
    who is calling the court and which court ? is any state able to call for the stop ?

So they have plans to sell across state lines, the concern that those that are in poor health conditions will suffer worries me but then I remember that insurance companies are prolly against it because they will loose their precious monopolies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    who is calling the court and which court ? is any state able to call for the stop ?
    Yes. Insurance companies and individuals can certainly sue.

Resident Cosplay Progressive