Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Con artist.

Gamer Gate made Anita.

It's hard to tell if she's sincere or is just trying to cash in on the fame. I know she used to get speaking engagements at colleges around the country, that's $20K or more a pop. Her fame might've died down.

On the other hand there is a group of women saying the same things she does so she might be sincere.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, I have listen to every so called debunk, and outside of calling her a bitch or cunt, and being egged on by a bunch of rabid women hating fans, there has never been anything substantive thrown at her except for maybe, some of her business practices.
    One of those "business practices" being running a pyramid scheme with her boyfriend? Or are you one of those people who deny it?

Her "Tropes VS Women In Video Games" series is the biggest load of bullshit. It's so clear that the perspective is from someone who didn't actually play the games. It's so wrong in its analysis that I'm convinced she's trolling/lying just to get money.

Example: She misleads people regarding the Hitman series and makes it seem like intended gameplay to go around strangling strippers. But anyone who actually played the Hitman games would know that the more innocent people you kill, not only the lower score you get, but there's an inherent increased chance of others becoming suspicious of you and killing you.

She's either delusional and actually believes these things, or she's a troll and just saying dumb shit to make money. There is no valid third option. She is not correct.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes read the letters and comments directed at MLK they mirror identical to what said about Anita and other Brilliant feminists.
    People who lie through their teeth and make claims as fact that are absolutely false, get every single pile of shit slung at them that they deserve. Your feminist princess is a pathological liar and white knight SJWs fall for every ounce of bullshit that she spews off as fact even though they are lies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    One of those "business practices" being running a pyramid scheme with her boyfriend? Or are you one of those people who deny it?

Her "Tropes VS Women In Video Games" series is the biggest load of bullshit. It's so clear that the perspective is from someone who didn't actually play the games. It's so wrong in its analysis that I'm convinced she's trolling/lying just to get money.

Example: She misleads people regarding the Hitman series and makes it seem like intended gameplay to go around strangling strippers. But anyone who actually played the Hitman games would know that the more innocent people you kill, not only the lower score you get, but there's an inherent increased chance of others becoming suspicious of you and killing you.
    She makes far too much content which isn't particulary contentious to be a troll. If you were trolling you'd want ad income and only her "video games are sexist" stuff is worth it from that perspective.

You could probably get quite rich from trying to trigger whiny beta males with that stuff if you did it exclusively.

I don't really agree with her worldview. She's occassionally incisive but often just annoying. That said the amount of insane dribbling criticism she gets is way OTT. She is approximately as stupid as the alt right maniacs that make a living from attacking her.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-10-13 at 09:53 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Gamer Gate made Anita.

It's hard to tell if she's sincere or is just trying to cash in on the fame. I know she used to get speaking engagements at colleges around the country, that's $20K or more a pop. Her fame might've died down.

On the other hand there is a group of women saying the same things she does so she might be sincere.
    I am surprised the US government hasn't gone after her for fraud yet. She claims to operate a charitable business yet she pulls in six figures off gullible people like Mall Security and the rest of her white knight SJW fanclub, which is illegal and considered tax evasion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Why do you care about this random person?
    There's the thing. The irony is that her critics reveal far more about sexism in society than her pseudo-intellectual blathering does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    She makes far too much content which isn't particulary contentious to be a troll.
    Well, there's a certain poster on these forums who posts "far too much content which isn't particularly contentious", but I think everyone here agrees that said poster is a troll. Can't say it out loud though, because you can't accuse someone of trolling when they're trolling.

But still, Sarkeesian isn't a troll. She's a greedy, opportunistic con artist. She plays the role of a feminist while robbing people of their money. She doesn't give two shits about women's rights. All she cares about is making money.

There's the thing. The irony is that her critics reveal far more about sexism in society than her pseudo-intellectual blathering does.
    Newsflash: You can despise or even hate an individual woman without being sexist or misogynistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Why do you care about this random person?
    Well... this random person was speaking before the U.N. concerning the topic of internet censorship and cyber harassment not too long ago...

Why? I have no idea, I mean I get why she might be regarded as an expert on the subject. But not to such a point that it makes sense for her to be talking there. Then again Emma Watson had her bit about He For She not long before...

I think you're a bit late to the party
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    [
    There's just no way she can be that blind to not realize the "brainless males serving as a bullet sponge for our hero" has been a trope in countless films.
    Reminds me of Game of Thrones/ASOIAF, where people talk about misogyny and the poor treatment of women, but ignore the fact that easily 90%+ of the casualties in both are men of all ages. Yes, Pia gets raped a lot, but tons of men around her are tortured and killed. Victarion's maester is also raped constantly and no one cares. And then he dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Well... this random person was speaking before the U.N. concerning the topic of internet censorship and cyber harassment not too long ago...
    Which would never have happened had brainless misognyists put her in that position. The only reason any one knows who she is, is because of her critics.

That's kinda a valid criticism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

Newsflash: You can despise or even hate an individual woman without being sexist or misogynistic.
    In a world full of paedophiles, warmongers and politicians annoying feminists are quite low on the hatred list for sane people.

meh, shes just good at the "say things in a "strong" (aka provocative, unnuanced and simplistic way) game, that provides you with a rabidly loyal fanbase and constant free marketing from the equally loyal haters. I guess some people do it more intentionally than others (Trump probably has no idea he is doing it, Tomy Laren probably knows excactly what she is doing), but I wouldnt call that trolling.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

There's just no way she can be that blind to not realize the "brainless males serving as a bullet sponge for our hero" has been a trope in countless films.

Combined with the fact she was involved in a pyramid scheme (for those who don't know, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaPbgNVuaEI), I'm convinced that she's just milking this whole radical feminist thing for money, and she doesn't actually believe the insane shit she spews.
    You only found this out now?!?!?!?!?!?
    Did she not make a whole point about the first arkham game that harley was to sexy and you could not see batmans but...and most gamers it took about 5 seconds flat to see batmans but ( or something like this?!)

Deleted
    In a world full of paedophiles, warmongers and politicians annoying feminists are quite low on the hatred list for sane people.
    Right, except one doesn't hate a statistic. One hates (or despises) a person, and a person who affects one personally, at that. Is Trump higher on the list for most people? Most likely. That's because he's an actual person. But so is Sarkeesian, and she's pushing her con(wo)man bullshit on YouTube still, and affecting my trending video lists every now and then. A statistic somewhere isn't.

she's not a troll. some ways she behaves is similar to a troll, acting in a way that she knows will get reactions. but it's all for her agenda, to get people to feel sympathy for her and line her pockets.

those that rail against her are playing into her hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    First off, a lot of her videos contain factual errors, especially concerning video games. These were not things pointed out by debunking videos, but rather things I personally noticed while watching. The most charitable view of these gross errors is that they were unintentional and caused by lack of research. The least charitable view is that they were deliberate lies.

I like you man, so I'm gonna be completely honest with you. I don't think you're a real feminist. Based on our interactions, I think that you are for equality and that you agree with a lot of mainstream feminist talking points, but if push really came to shove, you would fail an ideological purity test if you went deep enough into the critical theory abyss. Obviously I think you have the right to call yourself a feminist if you wish, but if you were forced to spend a good six hours discussing complicated issues with someone like Anita, I think you would rather quickly reach a point where you would either have to lie and say that you agree with something, or you would reach an irreconcilable difference; and if that talk became public, you would very quickly find yourself labeled with all kinds of pejoratives that we both know don't apply to you.

I don't think that the main pillars of feminism hold up to rigorous logical scrutiny, that is, patriarchy theory. Patriarchy theory is something that is universal to all schools of feminist thought. Patriarchy theory is loosely defined as society being set up by men, for the betterment of men, at the expense of women. This is provably, demonstrably false. It's much more accurate to say, that society is set up by the men and women at the top to protect themselves, at the expense of people below them, and in particular at the expense of the men that are at the lowest levels of society. Just the fact that men have a higher conviction rate than women for the same crime proves that most people have an implicit bias in favor of women. The phrase women and children first is ingrained into the cultural zeitgeist.

And society is actually even more complicated than I just made it out to be. While it is kind of set up by the people at the top for their own benefit, the people in the middle have a fair degree of control as well, and not everyone at the top is out to get the people at the bottom. For every Harvey Weinstein that rapes the people below him, there's a Bill Gates doing their best to fix all the world's problems.
    No person ideology or argument should be beyond approach, I don't subscribe to that thinking and unless you are under aged, mentally incapable, then any adult should be allowed to be challenged.

But here is the thing, me and you disagree on probably most things, and people like say Dave Rubin's for example, I don't like him or his views on a lot of things. However you know what I don't do, I don't go on for post after post specifically framing every comment that he is an asshole, or whatever other childish comments I could make.

I really don't spend my time worried about what everyone says or thinks, except for a few like you who's opinion I do care about, because even if I disagree, I can at least say I know it comes from some place whether you are explicit about it or not.

I am a feminist in that I believe in the equal rights for women, fat, skinny, beautiful ugly, I don't care, I care about human beings. That doesn't mean people aren't capable of making mistakes, and just because someone has a cause doesn't mean they are right, or right about everything.

But my more overall point here is that I am not going to now or in the future make a Thread or issue of someone one way or another, to either praise or be critical of them.

If it's here as this thread is I am going to speak on it sure, because a statement is being made or questions are being asked.

But Anita isn't here, Dave Rubin's isn't, and as me and you went rounds about Sam Harris where you convinced me that MAYBE just maybe to have a more open mind, and not allow others on the outside to paint my view of the him.

Well I think the same can be said for anybody, and YOU ARE RIGHT!

I mean people can make flippant or prodding remarks, and be joking around, I can do the same thing.

However on this thread which is basically put here to say see this person fuck them, my attitude would be pretty much the same as if someone posted Dave Rubin's.

There is really nothing productive about taking a comment isolate it, and say SEE he is is STOOPID!

That shit old, tired, and not about actual dialog on the issues.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

She is a con artist that saw an angle. A modern day snake oil salesman. But in the modern climate she can use her gender as a shutdown for any criticism and she knows it and it plays into it. Same with Zoe Quinn who had her friends make fake accounts on social media to fake harassment and make a group literally called "CON" that has since turned out to be a network of harassers that turned on each other like these social vampires always do. Got them a seat in front of the UN and for a time lots of marketing deals thats drying up as the modern moral panic culture is wearing thin.

Best thing you can do is ignore them. They want you mad and spreading their name and brand so people investigate them for clicks. Its not a moral thing, its a work.