Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think theres a conversation that needs to be had where we discuss to what extent we allow employers to dictate someone's appearance. Is it actually relevant to the business? Is it reasonable for a business owner to control the aesthetic of the employees that work in his or her business?

Tattoos, piercings, clothing and hair styles etc seem to always be things business owners have been allowed to set rules for.

My personal view is that I don't like when humans are treated like mindless robots who have to adhere to arbitrary bullshit (just wait for actual customer service robots), but I do understand the atmosphere people want to create in business. You want uniforms, cleanliness. Maybe hidden tattoos and temporarily remove piercings. I feel like hairstyle is a bit strange to want to control. Would be like particular make up or something. Where that might only be relevant for a haunted house.
    If there are specific requirements and expectations, then they should be very clearly set out in advance.
    Having to bring in an entirely subjective opinion of being "too urban" makes it clear that they were not in violation of the dress code.
    Certainly piercings and tattoos are traditionally turn-offs, and dress-codes against those I expect to be common.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    agreed. This had nothing to do with race until the girl went to social media with it. Now the company either fires one person or faces backlash of being called a racist company.
    I mean, to be honest, even I would've told her that that hair was a no-go.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    what is banana republic

- - - Updated - - -

braids n rasta hair is very dirty hair. not cool
    Wow. Are you serious. There is a banana republic store in almost every mall here. Get out more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Wow. Are you serious. There is a banana republic store in almost every mall here. Get out more often.
    Not in the USA, they are almost extinct. No need to be so condescending everytime you decide to type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So everyone needs to know every store that's in Canadian malls? I've not seen one here in Ohio about 10-15 years. Maybe you should stop being so condescending.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I felt it was a justifiable response when you kept trying to argue that gangrape is forgivable because of mob mentality. I also don't want to debate your inability to understand the definition of forgivable in the instance you used it. You already made a thread and got thoroughly embarrassed about it already we don't need to revisit that. I also don't feel bad for what I said to you.

You thought calling me a nigger made sense because you have a poor idea of English?

Also the thread I made just proved you wrong.

Murder is less forgivable than assault. Assault is more forgivable than morder. That doesn’t mean murder is okay lol and anyome who thinks that’s what that sentence means clearly has no clue how English works or because they don’t use words that way therefore feel no one should aka (a stupid train of thought)

A murderer who shoots a person in the head to kill them is more forgivable than one who tortured a person to death. This doesn’t literally mean to forgive lol and it is pathetic you think so and refuse to see the word has several uses.

And how did calling me a nigger. Twice by the way become totally cool?
    Last edited by Themius; 2017-10-13 at 02:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the USA, they are almost extinct. No need to be so condescending everytime you decide to type.
    They know of no other way to type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Banana Republic? What a name for a store... did they know what a banana republic was when it opened?
    That's what I thought when I first heard about this store too. And the first thing that came to mind when I opened this and read that the manager apparently said her braids aren't right for their image. Your name already calls to mind people being massacred in South America, what harm can braids do?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the weave thing.....I just don't understand it.

"Many women use this style to protect their hair as it becomes brittle in the winter time..."

If I happened to be a guy who couldn't grow a beard, would a business be required to accept me wearing in a big fake beard everyday on the basis that 'many people in my cultural group wear large beards and always traditionally have'?

If I could grow a beard but not a very long one, as the hair got brittle and broke off leaving my beard looking all shitty, should a business be required to accept my braiding in someone elses beard hair into mine because its a 'cultural thing'?

I'm really not trying to be insensitive here, I truly don't get it. My limited understanding is that 'black hair', as it were, doesn't do well growing out long. It just doesn't. So how is going to great lengths to either fake it growing long, or protecting it to grow long, 'cultural' or natural in any way at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    I don't get the weave thing.....I just don't understand it.

"Many women use this style to protect their hair as it becomes brittle in the winter time..."

If I happened to be a guy who couldn't grow a beard, would a business be required to accept me wearing in a big fake beard everyday on the basis that 'many people in my cultural group wear large beards and always traditionally have'?

If I could grow a beard but not a very long one, as the hair got brittle and broke off leaving my beard looking all shitty, should a business be required to accept my braiding in someone elses beard hair into mine because its a 'cultural thing'?

I'm really not trying to be insensitive here, I truly don't get it. My limited understanding is that 'black hair', as it were, doesn't do well growing out long. It just doesn't. So how is going to great lengths to either fake it growing long, or protecting it to grow long, 'cultural' or natural in any way at all?
    My issue is that blacks with braids are notorious for not washing their hair enough.

Someone pointed me to braid-washing guides in the past, and they used language like "Against popular belief, you should actually wash your braids more than once a month!"

Like what the fuck. So disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Do you understand just stating what year it is doesn't logically follow for anything? I never get idiots who do that.
    Probably because you're living in a fictionalised version of 1955.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjoiskate View Post
    is this even news worthy?
    For Tennis EVERYTHING is worth posting, even meh stuff like this, get used to it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    My issue is that blacks with braids are notorious for not washing their hair enough.

Someone pointed me to braid-washing guides in the past, and they used language like "Against popular belief, you should actually wash your braids more than once a month!"

Like what the fuck. So disgusting.
    yeah....i mean...I get that in N America we have pretty high grooming standards...lots of other places in the world think we spend way too much time/money on it. How can you really even wash braids?? I mean I've admitted I'm fairly ignorant on the subject so again no insensitivity intended but when some one with 'white hair', in braids, wants to wash they have to take the braids out and wash it, then braid it again. So are we talking about washing 'black hair' braids I've always gotten the impression that we are talking about just running soapy water over the braids themselves...no un-braiding involved....which to be honest...you just aren't going to get it as clean.

I dunno like I said I just don't get it...it all sounds like a HUUUUUGE amount of effort, a real pain in the ass to maintain. It really isn't any wonder people end up not maintaining them.

I suppose it could be kinda like the crazy long finger nails. Most people can't grow finger nails super long, they break and fall off. So why do some people glue like 3 inch long nails to their fingers...they become visibly disabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think theres a conversation that needs to be had where we discuss to what extent we allow employers to dictate someone's appearance. Is it actually relevant to the business? Is it reasonable for a business owner to control the aesthetic of the employees that work in his or her business?

Tattoos, piercings, clothing and hair styles etc seem to always be things business owners have been allowed to set rules for.

My personal view is that I don't like when humans are treated like mindless robots who have to adhere to arbitrary bullshit (just wait for actual customer service robots), but I do understand the atmosphere people want to create in business. You want uniforms, cleanliness. Maybe hidden tattoos and temporarily remove piercings. I feel like hairstyle is a bit strange to want to control. Would be like particular make up or something. Where that might only be relevant for a haunted house.
    Good thing working at a place is optional. Dont like the dress code, work elsewhere. Lots of places do not care about tats and piercings, just not many in the retail/business field. You make a choice to mod your body, you know that choice may limit your employment opportunities. Deal with it.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2017-10-13 at 03:45 AM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You thought calling me a nigger made sense because you have a poor idea of English?

Also the thread I made just proved you wrong.

Murder is less forgivable than assault. Assault is more forgivable than morder. That doesn’t mean murder is okay lol and anyome who thinks that’s what that sentence means clearly has no clue how English works or because they don’t use words that way therefore feel no one should aka (a stupid train of thought)

A murderer who shoots a person in the head to kill them is more forgivable than one who tortured a person to death. This doesn’t literally mean to forgive lol and it is pathetic you think so and refuse to see the word has several uses.

And how did calling me a nigger. Twice by the way become totally cool?
    Proved me wrong? When the poll proved the people overwhelmingly agreed with me by a wide margain? Jesus you're fucking delusional . You really do have either a selective memory, or just a shitty one. I never said it was cool, just spoke my mind of what I think you are.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ty-and-Killing

17-4 agreed with me, yet you proved me wrong how?
    Last edited by Stop Pretending; 2017-10-13 at 06:57 AM.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Pity, shes actually decently cute, but braids are fucking gross.

Proved me wrong? When the poll proved the people overwhelmingly agreed with me by a wide margain? Jesus you're fucking delusional . You really do have either a selective memory, or just a shitty one. I never said it was cool, just spoke my mind of what I think you are.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ty-and-Killing

17-4 agreed with me, yet you proved me wrong how?
    Read the comments they conceded about mob mentalities effect andhowrver felt they should face the same punishment. Which I didn’t disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Read the comments they conceded about mob mentalities effect andhowrver felt they should face the same punishment. Which I didn’t disagree with.
    Your reading comprehension is probably the worst out of anybody I've ever had the displeasure of talking to. Most of the statements say it's worse and should be punished worse. The poll is 17 - 4. You can try to spin it however you want you made a thread, and the majority crapped all over your statement. I'm done talking about it with you because you're delusional. Better luck next time.

Your reading comprehension is probably the worst out of anybody I've ever had the displeasure of talking to. Most of the statements say it's worse and should be punished worse. The poll is 17 - 4. You can try to spin it however you want you made a thread, and the majority crapped all over your statement. I'm done talking about it with you because you're delusional. Better luck next time.

Comments are fifty fifty with two people not understanding the question as asked. Like one person is talking about legal loopholes which has nothing to do with that topic lol

Your rational is “you said something I disagree with so I called you a nigger!”is stupid