Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    How about whispering someone what to say in an open debate panel?

A lot of these things aren't just shit production, they're straight up lies. The two reporters are not mislabelled because the producers screwed up. Rather, they are mislabelled to mislead you. They're talking about how far apart they are, mentioning being in different states, while being literally 100ft apart.

But hey, we can keep going:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMMJlXZFn84
    Rewatched the snippet about that in the clip you linked, do you have a timestamp for the claim or a link to a video where they say any of that?

Because what you linked doesn't show that at all, hence my current confusion. So again, not a lie, just CNN being incompetent idiots. Which isn't remotely new/news. As I've said, they've the butt of jokes on the right, and left, for years because of incompetency like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    You don’t think networks should have their licenses challenged for reporting “lies” or spreading misinformation? Now I am not saying that is what they are doing at all. But, if they decided to do such a thing don’t you think there should be such a recourse?
    The brilliant part of this is that someone took Fox News to court about false news. It was ruled that as a private entity they have every right to do it. So, as much as you want to challenge them. You can't, courts have already ruled in Networks favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The brilliant part of this is that someone took Fox News to court about false news. It was ruled that as a private entity they have every right to do it. So, as much as you want to challenge them. You can't, courts have already ruled in Networks favour.
    lol

So the court's stance is, "the free market will fix it," so now Trumpkins will get a lesson in how the free market doesn't magically fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Rewatched the snippet about that in the clip you linked, do you have a timestamp for the claim or a link to a video where they say any of that?

Because what you linked doesn't show that at all, hence my current confusion. So again, not a lie, just CNN being incompetent idiots. Which isn't remotely new/news. As I've said, they've the butt of jokes on the right, and left, for years because of incompetency like this.
    Just watch the video. The entire video. I'm not here to babysit you with timestamps. If you can't watch a 7 minute video when linked to one, there is no point. It's in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watch the video. The entire video. I'm not here to babysit you with timestamps. If you can't watch a 7 minute video when linked to one, there is no point. It's in there.
    Oh, so you don't have a timestamp?

Its your video brosephine, up to you to back your claim up.

I like how they call the "mainstream media" fake news, but don't post anything about Fox News. Where are those juicy videos where I guarantee you will find a lot more than 10 or 20. But of course, they are a Trump cockholster channel, so obviously they really like Fox News. Fox News that has more lies than any other "mainstream media" news source. Not only outright lies, but fucking conspiracy theories like Seth Rich bullshit that Hannity brought out a few months ago. No one should take that fucking channel seriously. They are bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Okay...
    How is this “brilliant”? It seems someone(?) already got angry over one network(Fox) situation the current administration(Trump) is claiming another network(NBC)is doing. Or at least it is a similar situation I presume.
    I am not familiar with what happened with Fox and the exact circumstances or even when it happened. Hell, I am not all that familiar with what the Trump administration is claiming NBC did to be quite honest. I don’t bother with such nonsense. You have to remember my friend, I don’t revel in the hate of others. I am a lover, not a hater.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Okay...
    How is this “brilliant”? It seems someone(?) already got angry over one network(Fox) situation the current administration(Trump) is claiming another network(NBC)is doing. Or at least it is a similar situation I presume.
    I am not familiar with what happened with Fox and the exact circumstances or even when it happened. Hell, I am not all that familiar with what the Trump administration is claiming NBC did to be quite honest. I don’t bother with such nonsense. You have to remember my friend, I don’t revel in the hate of others. I am a lover, not a hater.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone.
    Uh. Yeah, you do. You've said at least twice that you like manipulating people into arguing with points that you didn't actually make. That's revelling in the hate of others. If you can't be honest with us, you should at least be honest with yourself.

As for the Fox News thing, I'd heard about this years ago but it looks like it's something of an urban myth.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxlies.asp
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...lie-have-righ/

It was actually a case about an editorial conflict; these two reporters were working on a story involving bovine growth hormones, and after eight months the story was canned by their station (a Fox affiliate, not Fox News itself) and they were fired the next year. They claimed it was because Monsanto exerted pressure on the station, while the station said the submitted story was biased and incorrect. They sued the station, but all charges were eventually rejected by the court. So, yeah, nothing to do with whether or not they have the right to lie.

Of course, this is Snopes and Politifact I'm getting this from, and we all know how completely biased they are against the right.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Uh. Yeah, you do. You've said at least twice that you like manipulating people into arguing with points that you didn't actually make. That's revelling in the hate of others. If you can't be honest with us, you should at least be honest with yourself.

As for the Fox News thing, I'd heard about this years ago but it looks like it's something of an urban myth.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxlies.asp
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...lie-have-righ/

It was actually a case about an editorial conflict; these two reporters were working on a story involving bovine growth hormones, and after eight months the story was canned by their station (a Fox affiliate, not Fox News itself) and they were fired the next year. They claimed it was because Monsanto exerted pressure on the station, while the station said the submitted story was biased and incorrect. They sued the station, but all charges were eventually rejected by the court. So, yeah, nothing to do with whether or not they have the right to lie.

Of course, this is Snopes and Politifact I'm getting this from, and we all know how completely biased they are against the right.
    I don’t manipulate anyone my friend. They manipulate themselves. I just observe their reactions.

I personally tend to trust snopes and polifact when it comes to checking “facts” stated like this. Just like anything else you have to look at the entire scope not just one small frame.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t manipulate anyone my friend. They manipulate themselves. I just observe their reactions.

I personally tend to trust snopes and polifact when it comes to checking “facts” stated like this. Just like anything else you have to look at the entire scope not just one small frame.

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...ng/pants-fire/
    http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

So you agree Trump lies much much more than he tells the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I am not around him 100% of the day.

I am not around him 100% of the day.
    You don't have to be. Politifact does that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You don't have to be. Politifact does that for you.
    Quite doubtful.

Quite doubtful.
    So, you don't think that Politifact tells the truth? Because, unlike you, they actually use sources for all of their claims.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quite doubtful.
    I thought you trust them?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I thought you trust them?
    He only likes "facts" that agree with him. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, you don't think that Politifact tells the truth? Because, unlike you, they actually use sources for all of their claims.
    I think what he's trying to say is that "Trump lies more than he tells the truth" is too vague to be determined if it were true or false.

A statement like "Trumps public statements are more often lies than truth" is something that could be verified by snopes as true/false. But in order to determine if the other, more broad statement is true or not, you'd have to be around him every minute of every day, and write down everything he says. He could be sitting around the oval office saying a bunch of things like "Garfield is a cat!" and "Orange juice is made from oranges!" and that would skew his truth meter.
    Last edited by solinari6; 2017-10-14 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I think what he's trying to say is that "Trump lies more than he tells the truth" is too vague to be determined if it were true or false.

A statement like "Trumps public statements are more often lies than truth" is something that could be verified by snopes as true/false. But in order to determine if the other, more broad statement is true or not, you'd have to be around him every minute of every day, and write down everything he says. He could be sitting around the oval office saying a bunch of things like "Garfield is a cat!" and "Orange juice is made from oranges!" and that would skew his truth meter.
    See, the problem is, Politifact doesn't really fact check those type of things. Neither does Snopes.

Like look at specifically his "pants on fire" rated things. Here is one that a TON of conservative posters on this forum and other places around the country have said.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...unter-protest/

Trump claimed that the White Supremacists of Charlottesville had a permit to march, but the counter-protestors didn't. They even show a scan of the permit, but the people still believe they didn't have a permit to organize. Trump obviously got his information from Breitbart, Fox News, or somewhere like that.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That isn't good.

If he is against these networks, just let the process of cord cutting run its course and ruin them. Government censorship isn't the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    That isn't good.

If he is against these networks, just let the process of cord cutting run its course and ruin them.
    Cord cutting doesn't ruin these networks. These are OTA broadcast networks.

If anything, cord cutting improves their situation by driving a resurgence in antenna use.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters