Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I really do. They very likely have technology far more advanced than ours and have been successful in interstellar travel. I think certain people in our government are aware of them as well.
    Talking about how old humans are compared to the universe, I think a random poster on the internet put it best. "If we assume that the universe is about 13.7 billion years old and modern humans exist for 200.000 years, that makes approximately 0.00146 percent. Rescaled to a day this would come to approximately 1.26 seconds."

Even with our understanding of space travel, the whole universe could be colonized in a few million years. If these aliens had something akin to Star Trek style interstellar technology, they could do it a lot faster. For your proposition to be true, we would have to be living in this insanely small window of time between the aliens colonizing everything and their technology being invented.

That would be like if you had two people each with a stop watch, and you told both of them to start their watches at a random time during the day, and by total coincidence they happened to start their watches within ~3 seconds of each other. It could theoretically happen, but there's probably less absurd things that you would laugh at for their absurdity. It's probably more likely that Donald Trump is actually a super genius playing 5D Chess than your proposition being true.

Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    A small vocal amount of Americans are dumb. Kinda obvious after the last election.
    35% believing in the aliens visitors....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How am I saying that? I'm telling you what they fucking put as their options since you seemed to fail at reading it.

It even makes sense that they only had those options since MOST people in america are one of those three things.
    I don't think you get it. I don't care if they had that option, they should have it. MOST people believing in these theories chose that option.
    Now you try to tell me that MOST of the people in the US are not of White, Hispanic or Black ethnicity. Most likely they were some nutjobs that chose other because they're "something more".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't get why this is odd, you have the vast majority of the population believing that there is this magical guy in the sky that can see everything and will take care of them after they die if they are good.
    don't cut yourself on that edge, now

Anyway... yeah, those are all hooey. Though I am surprised that bigfoot, probably the least implausible of the bunch, is the one that's also the least "believed" in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t believe in the ancient advanced civilizations either - forgot that one.
    I think Egyptians and Mayans were a bit advanced for their time. I also don't believe they used slave labor to build the pyramids. It's been suggested that the people who built them were paid workers.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ancient Aliens is a fun show to watch. But is by no means a factual show. It's why much of the time phrases like "Theorists suggest" or " COULD it have happened?"

Since they use a lot of Words that allow deniability. Fact of the matter is technically when they said it "could" have happened, they aren't entirely wrong. due to sheer numbers of probability. The probability that it actual did happen though would be going into many exponents of 10.

Its the same thing used to convince people of other crazy things:
    >Lay down incredibly far-fetched Idea.
    >Claim it is genuine.
    >Tell people they don't have the Proof to prove it wrong.

In more modern times it's progressed to:
    >Claim people are using Hatespeech when they are just giving criticism
    >try to have people imprisoned for "attacking" a far-fetched Idea

Doing so cements the validity to the believers since if people are getting punished for it, it must be TRUE!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    A reasonable person can probably accept the possibility of Ancient Civilizations (unless a more detailed definition of "advanced" is provided), and both alien ones. There is a complete lack of evidence supporting it, but it isn't really falsifiable. Same for bigfoot I suppose, but the description of an advanced large hominid/ape in a relatively populated area strikes me as even more unlikely. Now Orang Pendak, Almas, Yeti, etc are probably in the realm of possible. All are extremely unlikely, but I don't think it wise to be too dogmatic either way.

Like others have said, it comes down to how they asked the questions, who they asked, sample sizes and such. I think a wise person should remain open to such things, but with some extreme skepticism. Alien life is likely probable, although since exactly one planet in the universe is known to have it, and it happens to be the only planet we actually know the answer too, it makes extrapolating that a very dicey proposition. Aliens visiting earth is EXTREMELY unlikely, but again, it isn't actually falsifiable, so who knows.

Ghosts and telekinesis are probably safe to completely rule out. I suppose technically they could exist, but it is very hard to imagine a scenario were they could make sense with what we know of current science.

Actually seeing or viewing the future is just insane. No rational person should even be open to that. Pure wish fulfilment, if possible it would break the law of casualty so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it paranormal to believe that aliens exist at all?

Deleted
    All been debunked with evidence but oke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Is it paranormal to believe that aliens exist at all?
    No that's kinda logic.
    The problems with these shows is that if THEY can't see the logical explanation it must be Aliens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I think Egyptians and Mayans were a bit advanced for their time. I also don't believe they used slave labor to build the pyramids. It's been suggested that the people who built them were paid workers.
    It is kinda proven how well fed they were and ancient text suggest the same so slavery has been debunked like a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Really? I'm actually surprised Bigfoot numbers are so low. Back when I lived in NorCal it was pretty wide-spread.
    As someone who was born in Humboldt county and has not moved out in 30 years of life, belief is very minimal. The image is embraced because it draws tourists and thus makes money.

Deleted
    "Paranormal", a synonym for "shit that has never, does not, and never will exist."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    "Paranormal", a synonym for "shit that has never, does not, and never will exist."
    Yeah, same as "Supernatural". If it exists there's nothing "super" about it.

So much mis-information and opinion passed as fact on this thread.

Be blind to the truth then when they come and probe you, you had your chance to prepare.

i feel like it's entirely possible.

we have so many religions, and a lot of them share some ideas. it wouldn't surprise me if they were sparked by ancient visitors.

and the idea of an ancient advanced civilization is possible. i have a feeling that if we ever start to have massive archeological digs in antarctica, we'll discover something we didn't know existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    don't cut yourself on that edge, now

Anyway... yeah, those are all hooey. Though I am surprised that bigfoot, probably the least implausible of the bunch, is the one that's also the least "believed" in.
    How exactly is that edge? Both types of beliefs are completely faith driven, illogical, unreasonable and based on no evidence other than wanting them to be true, so to compare them like @Draco-Onis did is completely valid. The only reason why calling both "hooey" or the like can be constituted as edge is special pleading. Caused either by personally holding on of those beliefs, or by just turning a blind eye towards it, precisely because of how prevalent it is, just like they said. If anything, bigfoot is indeed the least implausible of the bunch, but including the things you so valiantly defended. Because we actually have evidence of other hominids. All-powerful skyfathers, not so much.

Aliens are more plausible too. Because given how life formed on this world, it is known it is possible for life to exist in this universe. So maybe some life forms formed somewhere else. Now compare that to a much more specific belief in a life form looking exactly like us, forming us in its image and interacting with humans throughout the ages without any of it leaving proof despite the proximity and scope of interactions. And that's before you consider the internal inconsistency of "but this other skyfather forming humans in his image is obviously as hooey as bigfoot".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    The article is about 'beliefs', it's not really about facts in the first place, especially when taking into consideration what's happening in the World with 'facts' nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Aliens are more plausible too. Because given how life formed on this world, it is known it is possible for life to exist in this universe. So maybe some life forms formed somewhere else. Now compare that to a much more specific belief in a life form looking exactly like us, forming us in its image and interacting with humans throughout the ages without any of it leaving proof despite the proximity and scope of interactions. And that's before you consider the internal inconsistency of "but this other skyfather forming humans in his image is obviously as hooey as bigfoot".

There is zero evidence of intelligent alien life, you just want to believe there are aliens.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    you just want to believe there are aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    There is zero evidence of intelligent alien life, you just want to believe there are aliens.
    Nowhere in that post have I said I personally believe in intelligent alien life. I didn't even talk about intelligent alien life. I only said there is a likelihood of alien life (do notice the mysterious lack of the word "intelligent" there) existing and how there's plenty of precedent existing on this planet. The word "maybe" kinda conveys a hypothetical for fuck's sake. And then I contrasted it to the idea of sky-fathers, where the precedent is zero. Learn to fucking read and don't bore me with your utterly worthless and inconsequential shitposting before you finally acquire that preschool level skill.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-15 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.