Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Sure. If shadow priest is sooo weak, why does it rank very high in TOS?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2038
    See:

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Spriest is terrible unless you're pushing high-end progression. Other classes don't have that problem. Only Spriest. Just because Spriest is good in mythic progression does not mean it's okay that we're garbage at everything else.
    sneaky 10char

See:

sneaky 10char

so you want to be nerfed in higher end content and buffed in m0?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    so you want to be nerfed in higher end content and buffed in m0?

That's exactly the problem with Spriest: As the content gets outgeared, we get worse and worse, instead of better.

We only start to outperform other classes sub-35%, and even then, only on fights with multiple targets, like demonic inquisition. Pure ST fights, we're always behind.

Spriest is terrible unless you're pushing high-end progression. Other classes don't have that problem. Only Spriest. Just because Spriest is good in mythic progression does not mean it's okay that we're garbage at everything else.
    I agree and I would love some kind of CD to up our burst damage but doesn't seem to be the way they want to go with the spec. I'm happy with being relevant where it matters and everywhere else is pretty trivial so I don't really care. Or I just bring my demon hunter who has the opposite problem, also looking at the DH forums I wouldn't be surprised if they would rather have our problem as they don't have a great time in mythic.

Shadow priest utility is pretty decent in 5-mans, a bit lacking in most raid situations (tho can be nice to save healer mana mass dispeling stun off mistress for example).

Void form stacking indefinitely for normal play (100 max, but yer not hitting that outside s2m) was a really bad idea, especially combined with how lingering insanity works. It creates a feast or famine situation for spriest.

Still, out of all the DPS I've played in m10+, Spriest and Ele shaman are my favorites. Knowing hard pulls or potential wipe spots, I can throw on my VE helmet and it just gets insane healing (done 35 mil over 15 seconds healing with it on the last boss of upper kara once).

Shadow mending out really fast and powerful heals can save wipes sometimes in dungeons (giving room in grevious for a healer for example), VT self healing is pretty legit combined with PW:S for speed boosting yourself around. You got a 4 second AoE stun on a 30 second CD which is amazing and lines up with Sephuz. You can fade and immediately drop agro on command; You'll never pull threat on skittish.

MDI has done a great disservice for a lot of classes in M+. MDI was about completing dungeons as fast as possible, not about whats viable (trinkets seem to have a huge impact on this). Hell, the first M15 completed back in EN had a shadow priest in group.

Also, Execute range damage is very powerful. Problem is, it doesn't show on DPS charts so ppl don't care about it. The hardest phase of a boss is typically the last, and any extra damage you can squeeze out during that phase is much more important than what you did in phase 1. For example, (as long as you dont get an additional mechanic), who cares how much damage you do in phase 1 of KJ? When you are at the end of the fight, half the raid is alive, that extra damage you do is so much more important (Opposite situations do occur like Archimonde in HFC, but we don't have those ATM)

And honestly, who really cares about how well shadow priest performs on farm content? The bosses are either dying or not dying.
    Last edited by Jaigar; 2017-10-18 at 03:30 PM.