Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes here we can agree. Your definition is wrong, and you just don't agree to mine. We can play this game the whole day long.
    You can I won't, good bye.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You can I won't, good bye.
    At least finally an agreement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I really have no fucking hope left for gaming when people so vehemently defend the corporations who are blatantly exploiting them.

You pay $100 a game and then another $100 for loot boxes to get the full experience and still think it is somehow a good deal.

Or you pay 40€ and not pay for boxes because you don't need them for the full experience?

Well, I bloody love the game and ignore the "ehmagerd if you liek buy this, you liek totally support capitalist Kim Jun Il because liek totally lootboxes are p2w and that means that you for real are supporting the emeny!"

I love the starfighter assault the most tbh.. something I hated in the first one xD

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Or you pay 40€ and not pay for boxes because you don't need them for the full experience?
    Well that remains to be seen. If you play the first game and get owned by people who already start with 30% more on any stat the experience in the game might be very short. And as I already said, this is not so much about p2w, as the imbalance the cards already have, which in turn leads to the conclusion that you either have to suffer through being farmed the first 40h or take the easy route and buy you in - not to gain an advantage, but to be at the same level.

There's a nice article on forbes that covers the imbalance of the star cards: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#6246da21734d

No game is pay to win. You cannot literally pay to win at the game.

These games are pay for advantage: you pay money, and what you get is an advantage, not a win.

Most multiplayer games are pay for advantage, just to different extents. SWB2, WoW, HotS, LoL, Hearthstone are all pay for advantage games.

Deleted
    I don't care if loot crates are buyable for real money or not. In the end it's an aim based game and no crate will improve it. It's all comes down to practice, practice, practice.
    People who usually buys these things aren't very good at the game.

I love Star Wars, I have essentially (after a huge Real Life hurdle cleared up succesfully) a few games to buy to reward myself : the question will sounds silly, but is there a remote chance I can have fun for a few hours on single player BF2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I love Star Wars, I have essentially (after a huge Real Life hurdle cleared up succesfully) a few games to buy to reward myself : the question will sounds silly, but is there a remote chance I can have fun for a few hours on single player BF2 ?
    there is a single player campaign with the new battlefront 2
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

So many comments in this thread are really worrying. I was really excited about this game but the lootboxes with character-altering items are just a no-go. If the game was free to play it would have been fine but there is no excuse after paying full price for the game.

There is no way I'll buy this game in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Everytime someone tries this hard to excuse those practices, publishers are having their day. Its hilarious how hard you guys want to be ripped off. They literally sell you adventage over other players. For real money. Thats P2W.
    That wasn't defending it? I can live with crates if crates are earned through play at a reasonable rate. If they're earned at a fraction of the pace they should be, it becomes an issue. In the beta it would take me ~8 games to get a crate (Average of about 140 credits a game, ranging from 100-180) which would have, on average, 2 upgrades (Full upgrades, any rank) and 1 crafting item (Usually 10). It could do with being sped up, maybe 5 games to a crate, but it's not like you're playing 20 games to get 3 lots of 10 crafting items.

I havn't seen the monetisation model for the crates but I won't be buying them anyway as I'm okay with the speed at which you earn them. However, considering you can buy 20 crates and still not get the upgrade you want will probably be enough of a deterrent to people on the fence.

And anyway, the people who spend hundreds of pounds on crates will probably be the trash tier of player who get one shot before they can even use their incredibly expensive skills and weapons. Given the low TTK in general, you'll be getting the drop on the vast majority of people with gear. Only real issue will be good players on heroes with OP cards, notably Boba's 100% DR, but I'd imagine they'll nerf the cards within a week of launch if that's the case.

chances are you will be able to earn cards/creds from doing the single player campaign which will give most players a decent start, and even if someone did spend loads on boxes they may not even get anything decent in them, plus if you suck at shooting its not going to help that much on what cards you use.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can get the same exact items through play, doesn't matter how long it takes, it's not p2w, it's pay to get ahead of the pack, eventually people will catch up.
    If you can get items that got BETTER stats than the ones you can get for playing, then its p2w, giving a clear and everlasting advantage.

If you can't handle playing enough to unlock what you want to have and buy it instead, go for it, only thing you gained is not having to play as much as the guy who didn't spend extra because he saw no need for it. It's PVP, even when everyone has all the best stuff(by playing or purchasing), someone still has to die for the other side to gain victory. But I guess with the p2w both sides will emerge victorious in the end because they clearly paid to win, how could their side lose since both teams has someone who paid.(more than likely). If it's a Battle Royale then you'll have higher chances of victory, until the guy who actually wants and learned how to play the game gets to your level on the stats.

STRIKE: In Strike, two teams of eight players compete in objective-based scenarios.
    BLAST: Blast invites players to leap in to fast paced, close quarters combat.
    STARFIGHTER ASSAULT: Two teams of pilots take control of fighters, bombers, interceptors, and hero ships and engage in multi-stage, objective based starfighter battles.
    HEROES VS. VILLAINS: Star Wars ' greatest characters pitted against one another in a four-on-four team battle. This is your chance to act out your dream duels between Star Wars ' most powerful heroes and villains across cinematic eras.
    ARCADE: Arcade is a single player (or on consoles, split-screen multiplayer) mode allowing you to take on AI enemies and hone your skills across a variety of scenarios.
    GALACTIC ASSAULT: Battle on a series of large team-oriented, objective-based maps. Join two teams of twenty in conflicts across iconic locations, pilot favorite vehicles, choose from among four trooper classes, call in reinforcements, and be a hero.

So we've got 6 gamemodes, 1 being singleplayer against computers, 1 being something I assume is soloplay, 4 are TEAM based modes.

I sure hope all on your team go the "p2w" route then. Highly doubt 1 guy spending loads of real money for boxes will take your TEAM to victory. And even then that would only be when the other side didn't have any of them high rollers.

No idea how they give out the points that you buy the crates with. I'd assume you get more for being on the winning team passively and then some for what you yourself managed to do for your team. Also isn't there going to be some sort of MMR? possibly even the better your stats are, the higher you'll be seeded? Leaving those who didn't buy boxes for cash to the lower ranking with each other until they catch up via playing and gaining currency, or you know, skills. If this game has anything to do with how skilled you are, wouldn't know, haven't played, won't play.

Now I'm not defending EA here or whoever made the game, or any other company that does lootboxes that has something other than cosmetics, I think all that stuff is shit and wouldn't pay for them (game or boxes).

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    chances are you will be able to earn cards/creds from doing the single player campaign which will give most players a decent start, and even if someone did spend loads on boxes they may not even get anything decent in them, plus if you suck at shooting its not going to help that much on what cards you use.
    The exact kind of mentality that has lead to this manipulative game design.

When you can have cards like the bounty hunters' that you take 50% less damage during the rocketjump or whatever it is called, that is definition of pay to fucking win, unless you are some XXX_420_MLG_MTDEWSLAYER_420_XXX über godlike FPS player, you will be drilled in the arse by the guy who mastercard farmed the game out.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    When you can have cards like the bounty hunters' that you take 50% less damage during the rocketjump or whatever it is called, that is definition of pay to fucking win, unless you are some XXX_420_MLG_MTDEWSLAYER_420_XXX über godlike FPS player, you will be drilled in the arse by the guy who mastercard farmed the game out.
    So you can't get the 50% less damage taken card with in-game currency? And you are able to be in the air via rocket jump 100% of the time meaning you have 50% dmg reduction active at all times? If it's not a 100% uptime, maybe only shoot at the guy when he is on the ground instead of nobraining it out and shooting at the guy with dmg reduction active ?

I suck at FPS games, I wouldn't be able to do it like that, but anyone with any kind of basic skills should be able to target switch and change their movement pattern when their targets jumps off the ground and there are others available.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-10-15 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be worth reading over:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/12/1...tar-cards-dice

It seems that EA is aware, and will be evaluating this as their primary goal is to be able to get the best cards through in-game accomplishments and not from a loot box.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad I didnt pre purchase this game..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Ky...ature=youtu.be

Fuck every person involved in making this game

7+ Year Old Account
    I was going to buy this game, until I read about the loot box system.

Maybe I'm weird, but I was looking forward to split screen or single player campaign. The last fps I spent a lot of time on was goldeneye on n64. I wasn't really looking to spend most my time getting owned by 14 year olds with anger issues.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .