Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    As long as her money is all it takes, yep. If the child needs more then what she has, father is next in line. If that still isn't enough, I can help out (society) until an adoption takes place.
    No, then the bank that loan her the money are next in line. It is her doing, and hers alone, the "father" had absolutely nothing to do with this. Let her be in debt for the rest of her life, no need to ruin the life of jet another person because of her craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    That child was a human being from the moment it was concieved, and I'm glad it was finally brought out of the freezer and allowed to live its life. As for the father, much like if he'd agreed to have sex and she didn't tell him she'd stopped taking birth control, he'd still be responsible for the child. He chose to fertilize this egg. Welcome to consequences jackass, now man up and be the best father you can.
    Except the consequences here are a result of criminal actions of someone that was not him. How does that make any sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    No, then the bank that loan her the money are next in line. It is her doing, and hers alone, the "father" had absolutely nothing to do with this. Let her be in debt for the rest of her life, no need to ruin the life of jet another person because of her craziness.
    Wow, a bank loaned her money to do it? And then IVF didn't require both to be present to do it? Bunch of stupid people! If society doesn't make her abort that theft, then yes, society should pay for that child if she can't. Going to have to agree with you here now that I think on it more.

Until said adoption actually happens, wages need to come from the child's actual parents that have money, not from anyone else.

Call me a psychopath, but that cunt needs to be forced into abortion.

She stole his sperm, plain and simple.

Sorry, but she shouldn't get to choose to remain pregnant when the sperm wasn't freely given to her.

And I am saying this as a woman, if that matters to anyone, though I think it shouldn't. Theft affects both sexes.
    Well, the child is a few years old by now, so it'd be rather hard to abort her.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how he didn't have sex and the child is a result of the mother's explicitly illegal actions the father was not only not a part of, but wasn't even aware of, wat? And again, people are equal in front of the law. So why should the child's rights, equal to those of the father, come first other than some "why won't anyone think of the children" appeal to emotion?

And you base the authoritative claim that the father is somehow immune to the "might not" part on what?
    The child did nothing wrong though. You do not punish a child becuase of the actions of his or her parents. Thats a rather horrible attitude you have there.

- - - Updated - - -

So then get the money from the person who is responsible for putting that child on this earth, the mother. She was the only one who made a choice to bring that child into the world without the ability to care for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Against the fertility clinic, not the mother. So no, you can't.
    Again though, childs rights over the fathers. Thats also how it'll be in the end, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You do not punish a child because of the actions of his or her parents
    Open your wallet for that child then. No one is stopping you. That cunt stole his sperm. If you feel bad for the child, you pay for it if she can't.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The child did nothing wrong though. You do not punish a child becuase of the actions of his or her parents. Thats a rather horrible attitude you have there.

But it's ok to "punish" the father who has done nothing wrong. I'm not suggesting punishing the child at all. It's why we have social benefits for situations like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Again though, childs rights over the fathers. Thats also how it'll be in the end, thankfully.

Child can have his/her rights without punishing the father.

but you can punish the man for the actions of the mother?

Deleted
    Wow, a bank loaned her money to do it? And then IVF didn't require both to be present to do it? Bunch of stupid people! If society doesn't make her abort that theft, then yes, society should pay for that child if she can't. Going to have to agree with you here now that I think on it more.
    Well, making someone have an abortion against their will is a bit too edgy imo, they should take the child away as soon as it is born and give it up to parents who can afford it. Bodily autonomy should be a thing that isn't infringed upon, ever, but i do think that she should not able to raise a child she got through fraud.
    Its one big shit show and tbh, i petty the kids who are always in between everything and get the fucking long end of the stick. Some people should just not be allowed to have children, but that is for another thread i guess.

thought experiment, a women steals a condom out of her neighbors trash and uses it to get pregnant, should the man have to pay for it because its "whats best for the child"?

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

No, there is no reason for them both to not have their rights. If its anyone here who should bare the consequences its the mom. Take the children away and put them up for adoption, problem solved.

7+ Year Old Account
    The father did nothing wrong. In fact, he did nothing at all. He wasn't even aware of what she did until it was too late. IE: "If your wife takes your hunting rifle from its safe without you knowing and kills someone with it, that makes you a murderer."

Interesting logic. So, a family of three living in the middle of nowhere, where the mother's unskilled in any form of hunting/gathering, the father hunts and farms and they have a small child, should they have only enough food for two to survive, the father should just kill himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    thought experiment, a women steals a condom out of her neighbors trash and uses it to get pregnant, should the man have to pay for it because its "whats best for the child"?
    Not really even a thought experiment. Current laws basically make it so that if your sperm is involved, you're responsible. Unless, of course, you donate anonymously to a clinic. But even that won't stop "your" kid from later tracking you down.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-10-15 at 06:11 PM.

Legally, yes, but you would have fairly significant ground to sue the woman for damages (i.e., cost of child support, emotional damages, etc.).

The short version of this is the lawsuit failed because he sued the clinic, who were not engaged in deception or illegal activity. They followed the law and the agreements both the man and woman had signed related to storage and use of the frozen embryos, to the best of their knowledge. The fault lies with the woman who forged the signature, so he'd have to take her to court rather than the clinic.

The judge essentially said that the man had everything in his favor, except that the party he sued was not the one who committed any legal wrongdoing.

Neither did the father. And you don't punish adults for the actions of other adults either (let alone their illegal actions), so what is your point? Go hurr durr about your horrible attitude first. Also, letting the state step in in this unprecedented case, which is what I think should happen, achieves both not punishing the father AND securing the child's needs.

So yay for the child being punished Seriously, I can't reiterate enough how much you should fuck off with this horseshit you pulled from the deepest recesses of your rectum just because you got called out on spewing abject bullshit platitudes with no actual relevance to the case that you pretend to discuss.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-15 at 05:12 PM.

It is his child though. That is not up for debate.
    Just curious but if a man is raped and his attacker gets pregnant, he still should be required by law to pay for the child by giving his attacker money?

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Just curious but if a man is raped and his attacker gets pregnant, he still should be required by law to pay for the child by giving his attacker money?
    Yes and there's much more precedent for than than for this case. And people like Aggrophobic would gladly defend that state of things, because "herpa derpa, the child is not to be blamed", while they remain blissfully (though deliberately) ignorant that neither is the father. In a way, what they do is victim blaming. Which they claim to be against. Though I guess that only counts for female victims of rape.

No, there is no reason for them both to not have their rights. If its anyone here who should bare the consequences its the mom. Take the children away and put them up for adoption, problem solved.
    I don't think that solves the problem though.
    Not saying the mother did the right thing here though, clearly she did not but whatever is in the childs best intrest should be the way forward. If that is adoption then sure but I don't think anyonw here is a good judge of that,

- - - Updated - - -

but you can punish the man for the actions of the mother?
    No, not punish. You can make sure that he takes care of his children however.

- - - Updated - - -

Open your wallet for that child then. No one is stopping you. That cunt stole his sperm. If you feel bad for the child, you pay for it if she can't.
    Cute but no thanks.

last time i check making him shell out a ton of money over 18 years to pay for a kid that no reasonable person would hold him accountable for is a punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, she's not a criminal because nothing she did was a criminal act.

Breaching the terms of the implantation contract is a civil issue, not a criminal one.
    Fraud is a crime, what are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that solves the problem though.
    Not saying the mother did the right thing here though, clearly she did not but whatever is in the childs best intrest should be the way forward. If that is adoption then sure but I don't think anyonw here is a good judge of that,

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Cute but no thanks.
    That is punishment. The best way forward for the child would be to abort the pregnancy.

Do elaborate on how putting an obligation on him for the mother's criminal actions is not a punishment when he was not her accomplice.