Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Difference is, is the guild perk that we had didn't take gold out of the economy, is simply produced more gold. The gold with a guild tax system wouldn't be producing any extra gold, just putting some of the gold of all the members of the guild into the guild bank that they make.
    and it would still be as shit, so no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    In which way it was abused?
    You never heard of cesspool guilds? They pretty much burst into mass existence with the launch of the guild bank gold gains. Simply a guild with the maximum number of players, with the guild master simply farming gold from them. Using addons to spam invite everyone and anyone, and mass kick anyone offline for more than x amount of time to maximise active players.

As the name suggests, it was a cesspool of awful or just new players, which didn't give them a good starting experience at all. It was just bad for the game.

There are some debates where one side is utterly wrong.

If I say that illness is caused by evil gremlins and the only way to prevent illness is to hang a satchel of black peppery around your neck, I'm wrong. There is no middle ground.

This is another of those cases. As are most of your "debates."

When I played on one of the recent vanilla servers, the guild I was in started to charge a flat rate to raid to pay for resist gear/consumables. As one of the officers, I opposed it so I didn't collect it from the classes I was "over" because the premise was retarded. The game is about having fun and as an escape from real world shit.

What next?Are we going to have to register our mounts that we want to use and pay insurance on them?

Its the little things like this that inform one's opinion that humans are in fact evil. A system like guild tax goes into the game and immediately a bunch of people have NO qualms with tricking people into feeding them free gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    There are some debates where one side is utterly wrong.

If I say that illness is caused by evil gremlins and the only way to prevent illness is to hang a satchel of black peppery around your neck, I'm wrong. There is no middle ground.
    Well, unless the universe is a simulation. Then anything is possible.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

In the right hands its an amazing tool to make a great guild that does great things. Sadly the worse side of people will be what shines brightest as people abuse and use the system for personal gains in some way.

So you want to encourage antisocial behaviour and make people leave guilds in droves? Great move, Jay, great move. I know you aren't interested in serious answers, but this isn't evry well thought out even by your standards.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    On one hand, I could make a cesspool guild, convince a few suckers to recruit in it for me in return for a share of the income, then just let it run itself for free money.

On the other hand, that is cancerous as hell and is exactly what lots of people would do and I would probably not be able to get away with much of it on my server. I mean people already did exactly that before and Blizz got rid of it. That's never coming back.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I say no to guild taxes.

Fuck no. It's pointless. Put Cash Flow back in, even at a 1% rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    We already had this and it was removed for a good reason.
    When the fuck did we have a guild tax?

Cash Flow (assume 10%): You find 10g on a corpse. You keep 10g and Cash Flow generates 1g and puts it in the GB. You lose nothing, guild gets 10%. Total Gold looted: 110%
    Guild Tax (assume 10%): You find 10g on a corpse. You loot 10g and Guild Tax takes 1g from you and put it in the GB. You lose 1g, guild gets 10%. Total Gold looted: 100%

Huge fucking difference.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Nah, I'd live my guild if such thing came to be.

On the other hand, I'd abuse this system on my separate acc that I use for AH sniping

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    We already had this and it was removed for a good reason.
    No we never had this. The old guild perk created additional gold, when you were looting 10G you would receive the full 10G and an additional 1G would automatically deposited in the guild bank. The tax would reduce the gold you get.

I am pretty indecisive about the tax. I can see the good side that automatically would create enough income for the guild to supply it's members. On the other hand this will again lead to anonymous mass guilds just for the sake of money generation. On the other hand you might see the tax before joining a guild, and it should at least not be possible for the guild master to secretly change the tax rate. For example when the tax is changed you must agree to it with a popup, if you don't agree you will automatically reduced to the lowest rank that could not be taxed.

Additionally we would need a tax rate and a fair distribution. Someone who actively plays 12 alts would with a fixed tax rate generates (and pays) significantly more gold than someone who just logs in for the raids. So there should also be a maximum/minimum account wide tax gross.

Since all is so complicated and would for sure lead to more problems (for the customer service) I doubt this would ever be introduced. But as I said, as long as it is transparent for the guild members I don't care if it comes or not.

I'd be fine with it if they:

1. Removed all expensive vanity items from boe/ah. So that most collector items are not bought by greedy GMs that solely create guilds to get gold, then bail on their guild.
    2. Made armor boe's even more useful than they are now, so there's always something to spend gold on for the guild. Better buffs could work aswell.
    3. Made gold valuable in the "real world", i.e you can buy guild house and other things that gives perks to your guild.

As it is now gold is mostly useless unless you are in a hardcore guild that buys runes/provides pots for every progression pull. If they made gold more valuable for all guilds then i'd be more than happy if they brought guild gold tax back.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I'd be fine with it if they:

1. Removed all expensive vanity items from boe/ah. So that most collector items are not bought by greedy GMs that solely create guilds to get gold, then bail on their guild.
    2. Made armor boe's even more useful than they are now, so there's always something to spend gold on for the guild. Better buffs could work aswell.
    3. Made gold valuable in the "real world", i.e you can buy guild house and other things that gives perks to your guild.

As it is now gold is mostly useless unless you are in a hardcore guild that buys runes/provides pots for every progression pull. If they made gold more valuable for all guilds then i'd be more than happy if they brought gold generation back.
    You forgot about WoW Token

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    We had extra money going to the guild previously. People created guilds and spammed ginvites 24/7 to rake free money. Thank that feature if we now have addons that spam invites and whisper every guildless character.

Taxation? People would only join guilds with their main and stay guildless on every other char, effectively removing the social aspect of being in a guild.

It's one of the worst ideas ever conceived on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    People would only join guilds with their main and stay guildless on every other char, effectively removing the social aspect of being in a guild.
    Random people never joined guilds because of the social aspects, but simply because of the perks that still exist (for example the reduced hearthstone CD).

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    We had extra money going to the guild previously. People created guilds and spammed ginvites 24/7 to rake free money. Thank that feature if we now have addons that spam invites and whisper every guildless character.

Taxation? People would only join guilds with their main and stay guildless on every other char, effectively removing the social aspect of being in a guild.

It's one of the worst ideas ever conceived on this forum
    Exactly, fuck the guild tax.

That said, I didn't see a problem with people spam inviting randos for Cash Flow, especially considering you can just block guild invites with the flick of an interface option switch.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

For those that said it didn't work...it was never implemented in the game FYI.

As for the proposal, I don't see a need for it.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    In which way it was abused?
    Thousands of guulds on every server made just to make money of clueless new players and bots spamming invites all over the place.

tax doesn't make sense in a game like wow. Especially a flat tax, a weekly deducted amount is way more fair than whoever plays most, pays for everybody else's repairs, pots food etc.

welfare has no place in wow.